• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Adventure Ride - special edition, Nov 6-8, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary [emoji15][emoji15]. I have camped there before and the had nice showers. No bubbles tho. [emoji2957].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no problem with anyone sharing my site. Just not my bubbles.

Looks like we have a camping plan then! I will bring bubbles but they will be in cans in my cooler. The lady I talked to said that she was giving me a pull-through..That’s a whole new conversation! I’m a senior so maybe there are some new terms that I’m not familiar with? Lol!

Registered! Room Reservation made at "Best Western Dos Rios" in Junction(244 Dos Rios Drive) -- I'm hoping that's the same thing as Best Western Plus Dos Rios. Do we know if they are??

Looking forward to it!

Registered! Room Reservation made at "Best Western Dos Rios" in Junction(244 Dos Rios Drive) -- I'm hoping that's the same thing as Best Western Plus Dos Rios. Do we know if they are??

Yes, they are the same. There is only one Best Western in Junction.

That's a good looking KLR.

Hello, I'm really excited about upcoming event, just registered.

I'd be appreciate for a piece of advice of those who have already been there - about motorcycle.

I'm struggling between Triumph Tiger 800 XRt (road oriented model, no spike wheels) and street legal dirt Husaberg FE250.

Both will require some preparation:
Tiger needs new rear tire and maybe engine guards but should be okay for simple off road (just got back from cost 2 cost trip for 6700 miles)
or
I need to think up something with fuel tank for Husaberg, it's only 2,5 gallons.

I understand that it's my call, but as usual in a doubtful situation it'd be great to hear someone else 🙂

IMG_20200825_145002.jpg
IMG_20200530_072009.jpg

Thank you and thank you! I liked it better before I broke my ankle on it.

I'm may have a GS by the time of the ride...keeping my fingers crossed.

Hello, I'm really excited about upcoming event, just registered.

I'd be appreciate for a piece of advice of those who have already been there - about motorcycle.

I'm struggling between Triumph Tiger 800 XRt (road oriented model, no spike wheels) and street legal dirt Husaberg FE250.

Both will require some preparation:
Tiger needs new rear tire and maybe engine guards but should be okay for simple off road (just got back from cost 2 cost trip for 6700 miles)
or
I need to think up something with fuel tank for Husaberg, it's only 2,5 gallons.

I understand that it's my call, but as usual in a doubtful situation it'd be great to hear someone else [emoji846]

View attachment 273396View attachment 273398

Personal preference like you said. I have been to some of the roads on this event and a heavy bike with 80/20 tires will do fine. I am on a Vstrom with big block tires but by the time The ride comes I might be on Shinko 705 or Mitas 07+. You can ride your small bike but you may want to mount a RotoPAX jerry can on it .

Personal preference like you said. I have been to some of the roads on this event and a heavy bike with 80/20 tires will do fine. I am on a Vstrom with big block tires but by the time The ride comes I might be on Shinko 705 or Mitas 07+. You can ride your small bike but you may want to mount a RotoPAX jerry can on it .

I am likely going to throw on some E07+ on my Vstrom.

Thank you guys, so light alloy wheels and general road oriented trim won't be an issue?

I'll likely have some Anakee Wilds on just in case.

Yeap, I'm planing to put off road tires.

It's gonna be long days in the saddle I would go Tiger.

This is Texas dirt roads.

Now this all shows up. Yeah I usually run Scorpion rally STR.

Thank you guys, so light alloy wheels and general road oriented trim won't be an issue?

Yeap, I'm planing to put off road tires.
I think the general consensus on the Tiger 800 is that due to geometry choices, it is more of a handful off pavement than other bikes in its class, especially in the sand. How much more so, I don't know as I've never ridden one. That said, not sure how much sand there is on this ride. If it is just your usual Texas gravel, then seems like it would be perfectly fine.

I personally wouldn't worry about the wheels as I don't generally ride hard enough to damage that stuff. I'd guess there are folks here with miles of Tiger 800 time off pavement to advise you.

There's not usually much sand around Junction - good gravel, and pretty well grated and compacted. You gotta really look around to find anything harder than Class 1 (especially with Kent Creek closed to the public now). And good fun pavement out there, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back