• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

new noob w/ questions

i don't know..... its a 250 and fuel injected.. doesn't sound like much to fix (famous last words)… just throwing something out there that I saw while scrolling CL... you got a better option?

I have a $500 policy on bikes that don't run. I figure that even if it's totally ruined and will never run, I can part it out for at least that $500.

Last edited:
hey guys. I appreciate any suggestions. If i was experienced working on bikes I would give it a closer look (the one not running). I am mechanically inclined (former union electrician with significant "field engineering experience" haha) and want to learn how to work on bikes, but yeah, for my first one, I'm looking for something newer, efi, in great condition that runs well. I want to ride ASAP. xrJeremy, keep em coming if you find others. I appreciate the help. i'm happy to be a member here now and will be asking for honest advice from everyone. I'm 51 with some built up life experience/wisdom. I don't have a problem making my own decisions but I highly value the combined motorcycle experience and knowledge from all the guys on this forum. can't wait to get a bike, start riding, learn and contribute more to the forum and community.

I have rode one of these and good little steeds tha require very little upkeep other than oil, chain lube and tires. I am a big guy so it is a bit small for me but it had plenty of power on the trails at my place and can run 80 + on the road :trust:

That is a very dirt specific machine with limited aftermarket options for farkles.

I've watched that scene probably 100 times through the years. Eugene's Bag of Tricks, the classical portion on electic guitar is / was my favorite to try to master on guitar.

Back