• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 9/19/20 @ 9a @ the Backyard Bistro in Pipe Creek

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
arbs-png.png
#AdventureRiderBreakfastSeries

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series rides dates HERE

The monthly breakfasts *(third Saturday) are to encourage the Texas adventure / dual sport community to get out and ride, meet other riders, share knowledge, information and see what others are planning and doing, etc.

Come to breakfast at 9a, meet and talk with other adventure motorcyclists. Some will also go for a ride afterward, others ride home. Get out on your bike and join us for either or both.

***If the restaurant is closed, or limited seating, etc this will just be the meet up location.

bbb-new-header-image-only_orig.png
BACKYARD BISTRO

830-535-4094
167 Panther Ridge Rd
Pipe Creek, TX 78063-5195
www.backyardbistrobandera.com

Located directly behind Country Accents Antiques on Hwy 16 South.

33076388806_21ef0b2da9_c-jpg.jpg

Post Breakfast Ride Information
If anyone is up for a post breakfast ride see the optional route map below. The route is a no host self-guided GPS ride, as the ride is self-guided join a group or lead one.

The post Adventure Breakfast rides are all about fun, camaraderie, being safe
and forming riding groups so no one rides alone, especially on back roads. Some groups will focus on completing the route, others will just relax and ride to their cut off time then break off and head home.

*You determine your start time, groups usually take off before 10am.

A riding group size of 4 - 6 riders is optimal, with about a maximum of 8 or so, grouping by bike size or desired pace is also beneficial if possible.

Weather adjustment information will be posted here on the Thursday before the ride, if necessary.

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series Ride fine print & route
Route information - *Disclaimer, I built the routes on my computer using the Roads of Texas map book as my guide which is the best and most accurate I have used, but not perfect, and Google maps or MotoWhere's mapping program. So the routes may not be 100% accurate. I do not pre-ride the routes; it's an adventure for me also. Road closures, legal status, road conditions and routing of county roads can change. If in doubt, turn around and find another route - DO NOT trespass. If a landowner says you are on private property, don't argue; politely ask for directions to get back to a public road.

Optional Route - 248 miles
Counterclockwise, 2 fuel stops, B. Fredericksburg and C. Kerrville. Lunch stop along Hickory Creek.

Capture.JPG

Ride plan & Rider etiquette
When I lead a group I don’t stop for lunch in a restaurant, I'm in the office all week so when I'm on a ride I want to spend as much time as possible in nature. I plan a stop about midway out in the country for snacks or a sandwich I bring with me, there are also the planned fuel stop(s) to pick up a snack.

I stop at every corner without a clear / obvious direction to continue and wait for the entire group to make sure the last rider sees the proper way to go, there is NEVER a need to ride above your comfort level to keep up, if I'm leading I won’t leave you. If you don't show up at a stop in an appropriate of amount of time we will reverse course to find you.

I encourage riders to spread out to avoid the dust, no need for anyone to ride in the dust. The daisy chain method also works well, especially when its extremely dusty to keep the group even more spread out, the rider in front of the other makes sure the rider behind makes the corner and so on until the sweep rider makes the corner. As long as each rider in front of the other takes responsibility for the rider behind, no one gets lost.

Please tell someone in the group if your plans change and you decide to break off from the group, that prevents you being searched for.

Safety
AGATT

Having your emergency contact information on you and having that information readily available is critical. This is important not just for group rides but everyday. Even though you may have a buddy along on the ride you may get separated on the road.
At minimum:
Name
Your street
Your town, state, zip code
Driver's license # & state
Emergency contact
Emergency phone
I taped mine on the bottom of the visor of my dual sport helmet, I also taped another on the back side of my fairing near the dash. The important thing is that it is easy for anyone to find.

Properly prepare you motorcycle, in advance for the ride. Be ready to ride when the group you join is ready to take off, including a full tank of gas, or at least a 100 mile range.

Adventure / dual sport roads are disappearing due to pavement or closures, etc. Respect landowners and other road users, slow down and ride quietly when passing, people, vehicles, animals, homes, etc

Last edited:
Weather should be excellent for the ride. Sunny with high of 90 degrees and low humidity.

See you Saturday, going to ride to the meeting spot and mst probably get my way back to Austin when getting back drown.

Can someone give me an idea on the mileage for the upper part of the loop?
Stop B (Frederickburg South Stripes) back to next Gas? (likely back to Fredericksburg (290 crossing west of town, or Tivydale Road back to Stripes)

Sorry if there is a quick way to calculate this on provided google map, I need a hint how to do that...

I may join trip at Stripes (B) and do the upper loop to save 'road miles' and burn up the 'dirt miles' .
Vintage Iron... still @ 2 gal fuel capacity (100 miles +/- 2 miles!) and 60 mph 'comfy' cruising speed.

Weather should be excellent for the ride. Sunny with high of 90 degrees and low humidity.
Could not tell now, raining all over tx, even down here.
Must be a front passing on Friday. Showing good weather for Saturday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200916-181137.png
    Screenshot_20200916-181137.png
    505.5 KB · Views: 192
This are the step by step directions from Google Maps. I bolded in Red the believed distance from one letter to the next.

B to C is 163 mi. My very rough estimate is the section from 290 from Kerrville would take off 22 miles. Then you would have the distance from 290 to Fredericksburg to gas.

You could detour to Llano on 2323 for fuel. Unfortunately there's no longer gas in Doss.

A stashed gas cap along the route is also an option.

Drive 248 mi, 8 hours, 3 minutes
1600299208028.png

167 Panther Ridge, Pipe Creek, TX 78063, USA

51.6 mi, 1 hour, 37 minutes

Head northeast on Panther Ridge toward TX-16 S

341 ft

Turn left onto TX-16 N

2.37 mi

Turn right onto Privilege Creek Rd

1.27 mi

Slight left onto Priv Creek Rd

0.836 mi

Priv Creek Rd turns left and becomes Privilege Creek Rd

0.428 mi

Slight left onto Old School Rd

5.07 mi

Turn right to stay on Old School Rd

302 ft

Slight right to stay on Old School Rd

0.637 mi

Continue onto Upper Mason Creek Rd E

1.59 mi

Turn right onto Elm Pass Rd/Hc 1Continue to follow Elm Pass Rd

7.62 mi

Turn right onto San Antonio St

1.05 mi

Turn right onto TX-27 E

0.322 mi

Turn left onto Stoneleigh Rd

3.26 mi

Continue straight onto McDonald Loop

0.411 mi

Turn left to stay on McDonald Loop

2.01 mi

Turn left onto Faltin Rd N

0.451 mi

Continue straight onto Lazy Valley Rd

2.74 mi

Continue onto Faltin Rd N

361 ft

Turn right onto Cypress Creek Rd

1.24 mi

Turn left onto Center Point Rd/Hasenwinkel Rd

8.46 mi

Slight left to stay on Center Point Rd/Hasenwinkel RdContinue to follow Center Point Rd

6.35 mi

Turn right onto Ransleben Rd

1.34 mi

Turn right onto River Rd

1.60 mi

Turn left onto Boos Ln

1.76 mi

Turn right onto S State Hwy 16 NDestination will be on the left

0.572 mi
1600299208118.png

2204 S State Hwy 16, Fredericksburg, TX 78624, USA

163 mi, 5 hours, 21 minutes

Head northeast on S State Hwy 16 toward Owl Ln

2.21 mi

Continue straight onto N Adams St

1,266 ft

Turn left onto W Travis St

39 ft

Turn right onto N Adams St

886 ft

Turn right onto W College St

738 ft

Turn left onto N Llano St/N State Hwy 16

0.678 mi

Turn left onto Lower Crabapple Rd

0.675 mi

Slight right onto W Lower Crabapple Rd

4.31 mi

Turn right onto Lower Crabapple Rd

10.2 mi

Turn left onto Ranch Rd 965

1.48 mi

Turn right onto Keese Rd

240 ft

Turn left onto Gypsum Mine Rd

1.21 mi

Turn right onto Schneider-Moellering Rd

6.07 mi

Turn right onto Ranch Rd 2323

0.319 mi

Turn right onto Keese-Sagebiel Rd

3.88 mi

Turn left onto Keese Rd

1.06 mi

Continue onto Co Rd 111

4.02 mi

Turn right onto Farm to Market Rd 2323/Ranch Rd 2323

6.58 mi

Turn right onto Co Rd 112

4.12 mi

Turn right onto Co Rd 113

4.96 mi

Turn left onto Co Rd 114

7.09 mi

Turn left onto Farm to Market Rd 2323/Ranch Rd 2323

3.88 mi

Turn right onto Co Rd 106

0.560 mi

Turn left to stay on Co Rd 106

4.97 mi

Turn left onto Co Rd 105

6.19 mi

Continue straight onto Co Rd 105B

230 ft

Slight left onto Co Rd 109

3.95 mi

Continue straight to stay on Co Rd 109

1.27 mi

Turn right onto Loyal Valley Rd

4.42 mi

Continue onto House Mountain Rd

4.76 mi

Turn right onto Ranch Rd 2242

0.771 mi

Turn right onto US-87 N

2.41 mi

Turn left onto Simonsville Rd

2.65 mi

Turn left onto Loeffler Ln

3.09 mi

Turn left onto N Ranch Rd 783

420 ft

Turn right onto Salt Branch Loop

5.24 mi

Slight left onto Onion Creek Rd

2.29 mi

Turn left onto Geistweidt Rd

1.89 mi

92 ft

Turn right onto Threadgill Creek Rd

3.71 mi

Turn right onto Jack Rabbit Rd

4.39 mi

Turn left onto Langes Mill Rd

1.58 mi

Turn right onto Ranch Rd 648

2.52 mi

0.826 mi

Slight left onto Doss Rd

833 ft

Turn left onto Doss-Spring Creek Rd

1.94 mi

Slight left onto Crenwelge Rd

4.23 mi

Turn right onto Reeh Rd

3.66 mi

Turn left onto Reeh-Weinheimer Rd

6.45 mi

Turn right onto US-290 W

1.62 mi

Turn left onto Usener Rd

4.13 mi

Turn right onto Tivydale Rd

1.40 mi

Turn left onto White Oak Rd

0.859 mi

Turn right to stay on White Oak Rd

4.75 mi

Continue straight onto Zenner-Ahrens Rd

4.23 mi

Slight right to stay on Zenner-Ahrens Rd

0.975 mi

Continue onto Rocky Ridge Ranch Rd

1.12 mi

Turn right to stay on Rocky Ridge Ranch Rd

0.803 mi

Rocky Ridge Ranch Rd turns slightly right and becomes McCullough Ranch Rd

0.686 mi

Turn left onto Harper Rd

3.02 mi

Turn left onto Holdsworth Dr

1.85 mi

Turn right onto Fredericksburg Rd/Sidney Baker StPass by Jack in the Box (on the right in 0.5 mi)

0.550 mi
1600299208205.png

444 Sidney Baker St, Kerrville, TX 78028, USA

33.0 mi, 1 hour, 4 minutes

Head southwest on Fredericksburg Rd/Sidney Baker St toward North StContinue to follow Sidney Baker StPass by Church's Chicken (on the right in 0.6 mi)

1.31 mi

Turn left onto TX-173 S

4.81 mi

Turn left onto Wharton Rd

2.10 mi

Merge onto Center Point River Rd

3.20 mi

Turn left onto Bowlin Dr

1,007 ft

Turn right onto TX-27 E

0.334 mi

Turn right onto San Antonio St

1.08 mi

Turn left onto Elm Pass Rd

7.63 mi

Turn left onto Upper Mason Creek Rd E

1.59 mi

Continue onto Old School Rd

0.694 mi

Turn left to stay on Old School Rd

5.07 mi

Slight right onto Privilege Creek Rd

0.428 mi

Privilege Creek Rd turns right and becomes Priv Creek Rd

0.836 mi

Slight right onto Privilege Creek Rd

1.27 mi

Turn left onto TX-16 S

2.37 mi

Turn right onto Panther Ridge

256 ft
1600299208291.png

167 Panther Ridge, Pipe Creek, TX 78063, USA

Sander, what going on with the DR? How many rider we have for this ride you think?

Simon,

Very random miss like it's staving for fuel, just for second or so, then goes away. Used to be once a ride or less, getting progressively worse, going through all the possible causes. I don't know it's not fixed until it acts up again.

Not sure on turn out since its an open invitation. Should be good though, to-date, 34 downloads of the route and 152 views of the route in Google maps.

Should be good though, to-date, 34 downloads
Hey, good indicator. You are indeed the wizard of routes.
Go get, and put in a big slug of :
QO8SpDV4Wg3NiPngz5cOi2ED4khXa4irokiUpTO8CxGGaRZG97.jpg

AND BRING IT

I got 🐔 s___ and went from pipe creek camp about 2pm, and went to the way out cuelebra rd o'ryelies auto parts in san Antonio because I had a $10 gift card in my pocket and picked this AGM battery for $92. My 2+year old factory bat has been acting flaky and has been beat to death on Sanders routes thru these years. It was still charging ok when in operation but not holding charge long enough. Batteries are like a time bomb after a couple years, you never know when they will switch off so went ahead and pulled the trigger today. Don't want to get stuck out in the sticks tomorrow. Factory was 150 and replaced with 180 CCA so hope it's nothing more than the battery.

hasta la mañana compas

Last edited:
Weather perfect, Nice track, the top part was pretty nice water crossing was very light and all crush granite road look freshly pack.

The group split at the top near 87 to go back around 3:30pm, I finish the portion with Craig the hit 290 to go back to South Austin. long day

Always enjoy seeing running baby cow up there, so nice to get out, can't wait for the next ride.

Attachments

• track-01.jpg
    track-01.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 189
Weather perfect, Nice track, the top part was pretty nice water crossing was very light and all crush granite road look freshly pack.

The group split at the top near 87 to go back around 3:30pm, I finish the portion with Craig the hit 290 to go back to South Austin. long day

Always enjoy seeing running baby cow up there, so nice to get out, can't wait for the next ride.
Wow Simon, great graphic 👏

Not too bad, pulled in around 7.45 at home.
Just a couple pics...
Sander, the chip sealer paving monster 👹 has been at it again.😢

PS, discovered my sink disposal was leaking Friday so pulled into home depot in Bourne and charged it. Not quiet enough room so some homeless person got a can of corn and 2 red gatorades. In exchange for disposal space in my pac. The checker dude asked if I rode (pretty obvious in my gear) 😆273877

Back