• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Woodlands Premium Cycles -- BMW Service

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
I love this new BMW but it sure is trying me. Now it's got a coolant leak from left side of radiator. On line forums seem to show this as a thing that is a problem. This was last Thursday, now the great part, Woodlands won't even accept it to the 15th. No idea how long it will then sit to they look at it, then order parts as they have no radiator in stock. Called Wildwest, said no BMW tech for at least a week, call back! South Houston doesn't seem to have a good vibe and a long ways away.

This is really not acceptable but what to do. This bike is my form of transportation, not just a toy. Losing 6 weeks of ride to work plus best time of year to ride is frustrating.
This is my 4th NEW BMW, other 3 never saw the shop so I wasn't aware of how sorry they are! Will be my last BMW if I'm fortunate enough to buy another bike at sometime. As long as Scott H. is at Cycle Shack North I'll buy something he carries, they take care of me there.

I do as much of my own work as possible, but this is warranty work, I'm not even exploring what is wrong. Last time I took it in they made me pay because I had tighten the head bearings myself. They wouldn't check them under warranty then.

Also this type service would not be tolerated in car/truck dealers, why do we get treated this way with bikes?

I love this new BMW but it sure is trying me. Now it's got a coolant leak from left side of radiator. On line forums seem to show this as a thing that is a problem. This was last Thursday, now the great part, Woodlands won't even accept it to the 15th. No idea how long it will then sit to they look at it, then order parts as they have no radiator in stock. Called Wildwest, said no BMW tech for at least a week, call back! South Houston doesn't seem to have a good vibe and a long ways away.

This is really not acceptable but what to do. This bike is my form of transportation, not just a toy. Losing 6 weeks of ride to work plus best time of year to ride is frustrating.
This is my 4th NEW BMW, other 3 never saw the shop so I wasn't aware of how sorry they are! Will be my last BMW if I'm fortunate enough to buy another bike at sometime. As long as Scott H. is at Cycle Shack North I'll buy something he carries, they take care of me there.
This sucks Rob. Will they at least order the radiator in advance? Otherwise it might be "backordered from BMW" coming from Germany in 4-6 weeks. Especially since you mentioned it was a common failure.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear of your troubles Rob but at least you have a warranty to fall back on, for the most part.

As of 10/7, my 2009 K13GT is back in Wild West after a week old repair failed due to a "defective" seal. I have a text from them on Friday saying it should be ready next week but I wonder if a BMW tech will do the work. I suppose ultimately that doesn't matter, as long as WW stands behind the work.

I also wonder if WW will replace the pads since they are now contaminated with diff lube.

View attachment 276179
You would hope so!

I can loan ya my 1200 or the Super Duke until it gets sorted. I do love my beemers I bought my 1200 because of national coverage on service and it is good nationally. If we cant get coverage local I might be going back to a 1290 SA or a T7.

No, my appointment is Thursday, they weren't open to ordering to they see it. And your comment is my fear.

I can loan ya my 1200 or the Super Duke until it gets sorted. I do love my beemers I bought my 1200 because of national coverage on service and it is good nationally. If we cant get coverage local I might be going back to a 1290 SA or a T7.
Thanks Jerry, I can't borrow bikes! lol.

Thanks Jerry, I can't borrow bikes! lol.

That was my policy for a long time. I did finally borrow one though and I put it on my insurance policy. I just called them up and added it. They (Progressive) don't care who owns it. It was a good thing I did because that was the Honda ST-1300 that Beth and I were on years ago when we went down. I had it on my policy for five days. It cost me $30 in premiums for that duration and a $250 deductible. I had it fully covered so they fixed it. My buddy was more worried about us than the bike, but he was happy to see it fixed like new. As a result, if I ever borrow a bike, it goes on my insurance while I have it.

It's a shame shops don't have enough decent techs. I can do a lot but not all of it so I have to use someone. I generally go to an independent friend out of his garage. But this is warranty work, the radiator is over 600 dollars, not counting labor, so have to go through them. Plus the wonder wheel was messed up. Fingers crossed.

Woodlands Premium Motorcycles is a joke. Terrible service twice in 2020, I would never set foot there again.

Liars. Liars. Liars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humm aside from a few recalls on my R1200GSAs I've only had one failure (leaky fuel pump on left side of tank) on the new 2007. That's about 120K miles between the two of them. 2007, 82K; 2011, 42K. I was always worried about FD failures but no such thing. Also had R1150's, R1200R, (2) K1200RS's all bought used, which probably did another 150K between them all. Zero issues. I think complexity increasing on bikes may be part of the problem. I maintain all my bikes personally and am an oil and filters change fanatic but it is rare that an oil related failure occurs in these types of discussions. Now don't ask me about the 2013 Moto Guzzi Stelvio reliability, but the dealer was great :-)
I try to do as much work as i can but this is warranty work that is probably going to be big bucks. Their problem.

Bike has been down 4 weeks now, in shop 2 weeks. I'll call today and see where they are at. Nice, not.

That is disappointing as it is a current bike with a known issue.

Tuesday they told me it would be ready Friday, didn't get a call. I'll go down Tuesday and visit. 3 weeks in the shop and 2 weeks sitting at home waiting to go to shop. 5 weeks total down.
[emoji107][emoji107]

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Just to be clear, I jumped on this thread never meaning to make multiple posts, that said my bike isn't at Wildwest, it's at Woodlands Premium Motorcycles.

Back