• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cell Phone Mount Reviews

ta2240

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
I have searched and read for about two days but they are all outdated. Looking for reviews for cell phone mounts for dual sporting( Not Street) I am reading that newer cell phones have a major issue with vibration damaging cameras and phone in general. The only mount that addresses the issue is the Quadlock. I am looking for review or experiences with the Quadlock but I am also looking at the Scosche Terra. Also any other positive feedback on others

Mosko moto makes a cell phone case that attaches to their tank bag and should reduce the amount of vibrations sent to the phone. I’ll take a photo of it.

b07ffaecd490f06209f2c3837eac49c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
598b8566387e6f322424caa1c2cdef0d.jpg

Last edited:
IF I decide to mount my phone on the bars I use the Hondo Garage mount. They also have an anti-vibration gizmo that works pretty well.
I prefer my Voyager Pro with my phone in the clear top of my tank bag instead. I can link any device I have through the Voyager Pro.
If you want pics I can accommodate.

IF I decide to mount my phone on the bars I use the Hondo Garage mount. They also have an anti-vibration gizmo that works pretty well.
I prefer my Voyager Pro with my phone in the clear top of my tank bag instead. I can link any device I have through the Voyager Pro.
If you want pics I can accommodate.
I will google it, Thanks

Mosko moto makes a cell phone case that attaches to their tank bag and should reduce the amount of vibrations sent to the phone. I’ll take a photo of it.

View attachment 276375

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkView attachment 276376
I have a Wolfman tank bag and this is exactly the way I had been carrying the phone but now I want to use the phone as my GPS and want it on my bar for better visual while riding. I honestly don't know if I put it on my bars would make a difference, LoL. I never looked at the GPS while in motion anyway.

I have a Wolfman tank bag and this is exactly the way I had been carrying the phone but now I want to use the phone as my GPS and want it on my bar for better visual while riding. I honestly don't know if I put it on my bars would make a difference, LoL. I never looked at the GPS while in motion anyway.
You can see my phone mount on the bars in those photos as well. It is definitely more convenient to have it mounted on the bars. But the phone does get subjected to more vibrations. It's a trade off. I use the bar mount on smooth roads, the tank bag thing on rougher roads.

I tried putting my phone in the BMW "tank" bag but it tried to escape out the bottom opening. duh!:doh:
won't be trying that again.

I just purchased the large Tusk tank bag. The only reason was that I couldn't find another bag of the size I wanted that had a clear plastic top so I can see my phone map etc. Plus it was $90. On the 790 Ive got a mount for the Zumo XT and the Voyager Pro and then the Hondo on the bars for the phone if I want to. I typically don't use the phone for navigation, but like quick access so I can snap off some pics or a text.

My experience is that phones have become more fragile - perhaps as the cameras became better the mechanism became smaller and more delicate? I've killed the auto-focus on two phone cameras in the last 2 years, after probably 6 years of use before that without any issues. So: now I use one of these compromised phones as my bike device. It's waterproof, and now that the camera is toast, mostly shockproof, too.

I just purchased the large Tusk tank bag. The only reason was that I couldn't find another bag of the size I wanted that had a clear plastic top so I can see my phone map etc. Plus it was $90. On the 790 Ive got a mount for the Zumo XT and the Voyager Pro and then the Hondo on the bars for the phone if I want to. I typically don't use the phone for navigation, but like quick access so I can snap off some pics or a text.

I used my phone in a map case like that and it was prone to overheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used Slip Grip mounts with a number of phones. I used them attached to Ram Mount arms and the SW Motech GPS mount for my Versys. They have worked well and are fairly cheap, but are also made to fit a specific phone/case combo.

I recently switched the mount on my Versys to Hondo's Juiced Squeeze to take advantage of wireless charging, and it's working well. I did have my phone fall out, but it was due to me not tightening the clamp back up after removing the phone at a gas stop. Had the same thing happen once with the Slip Grip when I didn't have the pone seated all the way into the mount.

I've moved the Slip Grip over to the 450L for now, but may replace it with a Juiced Squeeze when I add a way to charge the phone.

My experience is that phones have become more fragile - perhaps as the cameras became better the mechanism became smaller and more delicate? I've killed the auto-focus on two phone cameras in the last 2 years, after probably 6 years of use before that without any issues. So: now I use one of these compromised phones as my bike device. It's waterproof, and now that the camera is toast, mostly shockproof, too.

i agree. i've wasted 3 good phones so far in 2 yrs w/ the auto focus failing. Before that, i've never had auto focus fail, only the 12v cord @ USB connector needing to be replaced every now and then.

This time around, w/ my new samsung phone equipped w/ 3 camera lenses :shock:....
i got the hondo buzz kill mount that others above have posted up on

bk_740x740.jpg

A must-have for thumpers.​

Single-cylinder bikes like to vibrate. And that vibration can kill the image-stabilization mechanism in your phone's camera. Our Buzz-Kill vibration isolator fixes this problem by damping out those camera-killing vibrations.

It's based on a mechanism called a wire-rope isolator that uses stranded stainless steel wire to convert vibrational energy into heat (not enough for you to feel though). The beauty of this design is that it's incredibly rugged, as it's made entirely out of aluminum and stainless steel. No rubber to degrade over time.

The Buzz-Kill bolts to the back of our Perfect Squeeze phone mount and is compatible with ourLow-Profile bar clamps (requires the Portrait Adpater Plate), RAM ball and socket accessories, or can be bolted right to a dash plate.

PS, This gadget mounts perfectly on my

RAM® Quick-Grip™ Phone Holder​

& ram ball end.

Took my thumper on a 2 wk ride over lots of cobblestone roads, broken up dirt & gravel roads, some goat & atv trails . At the end of my trip, camera still works beautifully, thank goodness!

https://shop-hondogarage.com/products/buzz-kill-vibration-isolator

i agree. i've wasted 3 good phones so far in 2 yrs w/ the auto focus failing.

Just use one of these camera-less phones as your moto phone. Easy peasy, zero vibe risk on a new device...

Went through the same search as you are now. Lost a phone on the freeway from one of those squeeze type holders after my thumb caught the charging cord, while reaching for the dash. Just pulled it straight out of the holder. The Quad Lock will not do that because it is spring loaded, so locked in. Lot's of different mounting options too. I've been using them for over five years now. While very secure, I'm not sure I'd still trust it for dual sporting. Not sure how gnarly your dual sporting will be, but even the Quad Lock will not give you very much help with vibration, and thus I don't use it for that purpose. For just smooth forest roads, it'll be fine. Strictly an off road GPS (Garmin Montana) for anything more. Hope this helps.

Back