• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

I test rode a scrambler 1200. Nice bike, but I didn't like the reach to the handlebars. I also had issues reaching the ground. Had plenty of power and was a blast to ride, however.

I won't be doing it, actually like my bike. Very frustrated with BMW and dealer. Mainly dealer.

Rob hopefully once you get your bike back you won't need that dealer again. I think your previous bikes records show that problems really are few and far between.

You say that likes it a bad thing! lol. I enjoy the scenery on that road. 55 miles of said sweepers and a few tight turns. Little or no traffic to you get to the lodge heading into Mena.
Not bad at all. It just depends on what you are looking for in your ride. Like I said, if you want a relaxing cruise to take in the scenery at a leisurely pace, it is a great road. I enjoy the ride for more technical aspects of cornering, picking the right line, good brake/throttle control, etc,... but not racing. So I like a twistier ride where your speed doesn't have to be real high to work on those parts of riding.

Yeah, I really liked the bike but then I started thinking about how practical it is.

Would I want to do a long highway trip on that bike? Probably not.

Would I take it into single trail stuff. Nope.

Would I even want to do technical dirt roads on it. I'm not sure. It's a lot of bike.

To me it doesn't make more sense than say an Africa Twin, Triumph Tiger, 790 Adventure, GS, etc. So I kept the Tiger.

But if I hit the lottery (hard to do without buying tickets) and had a big garage, there would be one in there for sure.

125213713_3749977401687282_713138043527111833_n.jpg

Back