• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

El Paso to Big Bend Nat’l park

Reaction score
Looking for a route, El Paso to big bend, see hwy 20 to fm192 and then Indian hot springs rd but can’t connect the dots, of course I don’t have the butler map for this part of Texas.

Looking for a route, El Paso to big bend, see hwy 20 to fm192 and then Indian hot springs rd but can’t connect the dots, of course I don’t have the butler map for this part of Texas.
It's all private land from Indian Hot Springs to Presidio if you try to follow the river....lots of locked gates
You can go up Quitman Pass to Sierra Blanca, then follow the RR track (south of I-10) to Van Horn, take the pavement about 15 miles south of Van Horn to Chispa road which will end at Candelaria. From there, the only route to Lajitas/Study Butte is Hwy. 170
Or you can enter Mexico at Ft. Hancock and follow the river all the way to Ojinaga...200 miles gas to gas

Reactions: Dao
It's all private land from Indian Hot Springs to Presidio if you try to follow the river....lots of locked gates
You can go up Quitman Pass to Sierra Blanca, then follow the RR track (south of I-10) to Van Horn, take the pavement about 15 miles south of Van Horn to Chispa road which will end at Candelaria. From there, the only route to Lajitas/Study Butte is Hwy. 170
Or you can enter Mexico at Ft. Hancock and follow the river all the way to Ojinaga...200 miles gas to gas

The route on the Texas sides sounds like an interesting route, too bad about the gates, on paper Indian Springs looks like it could be a good ride.
For this week, we will probably stay to the pavement a bit more.
I need to get a better map that show the routes you referenced.
Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back