• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

S'no Way.....the place for pics n vid Sun Jan 10th 2021

I dont kno why....but this thread got moved to off topic.... Hope those who enjoy seeing the sno pics can find them...

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

The original post has no motorcycle content.

Taken during the Blizzard of 2021. Will be talking about this one for years.
149884198_4275129809169082_4468873336668760254_o.jpg

Taken during the Blizzard of 2021. Will be talking about this one for years.

Beautiful shot. And as a former Iowan, yes we will be talking about this for years to come.
A real blizzard in San Antonio and two days later an all day Norman Rockwell snowfall.
I went out driving in that one as the streets were just wet and the scenery was gorgeous.
Sadly so many folks without power all week were not enjoying it at all.

Thanks. Yes it was quite an experience. The snow was not a problem but the cold temps and the length of time that we were down in the single digits and below was what caused all the problems. I imagine that lots of people including me may be replacing some of their landscaping since most of the plants used in Texas for landscaping are not qualified for the extreme cold we experienced. Will have to wait and see what comes back as it warms up.

Thanks. Yes it was quite an experience. The snow was not a problem but the cold temps and the length of time that we were down in the single digits and below was what caused all the problems. I imagine that lots of people including me may be replacing some of their landscaping since most of the plants used in Texas for landscaping are not qualified for the extreme cold we experienced. Will have to wait and see what comes back as it warms up.

Yep, this is the brownest, deadest, ugliest near-spring I have ever seen here.
Poor folks on the corner bought the house a year or so ago that has a fabulous xeriscape yard with lots of succulents.
It now looks like many thousands of dollars of work needed.
My ginger plants show no sign of life yet and my loquat tree leaves are toast.
We've had a hard freeze before with buds on the loquat and it's still gave lots of fruit.
Looks mighty bleak now and all we can do is wait.

I have a succulent garden with cacti I have had for years. I now call it zeroscape :lol2: All live oaks have lost leaves as well as my crape myrtles. I bet they will be back. Fruit trees are starting to bloom and I actually think the freeze helped them. Now if we don't get another frost or freeze.

Back