• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dakar 2021

Looks like Yamaha has protested as well as others but they aren't going to do anything about it.
Short wasn't the only one and at least they have admitted it was their fault.
Race director David Castera said: “Yesterday we had a small problem with a gasoline supply. It seems that there was water in the tank. It is a huge tank of 30,000 liters. I do not understand because we have a very well-developed procedure, and yet this has happened. Everything has been complicated a little by the retirement of Andrew Short, who did not know what was happening with his bike. If you take out the water, your bike works, and you contnue the race. His engine didn’t break down, it just stopped. Others have had water but in such small quantities that it hasn’t affected the behavior of the bike. We are looking at changing the procedure of the gas system so that it doesn’t happen anymore.” However, it seems the problem still persists, as several competitors still found water in their tanks after yesterday’s stage.
A race like Dakar should never have had issues like this.

B119A967-4105-44F6-B951-219C18E58BDE.jpeg

Toby needs to slow down and take care of his tires. Any bets on him making it through the marathon stage on this?

I couldn’t access the official Dakar site so here’s a link to the stage 9 results. Honda riders have been impressive, so far. No real mechanical issues...makes me happy that I bought a Honda 450!

I noticed that Suzuki and Kawasaki aren’t competing...

Have you added accessories for adv riding (large gas tank etc....) Or are you mainly trail riding.
I’ve only added a JD Fuel Tuner, Seat Concepts seat, and 17” Supermoto wheels. I don’t ride trails. I have camped a few times and plan on doing the TX Hill Country Overland and a trip to Big Bend within the next 5 months.

My luggage setup held steady in the 500 or so miles and held tight through all the wheelies that were done on the way to the camp sites!

Attachments

• BB68C01E-B62B-4C2F-B6B0-88FC3AE52D03.jpeg
    BB68C01E-B62B-4C2F-B6B0-88FC3AE52D03.jpeg
    531.1 KB · Views: 185
Looks like Honda was dominant on Stage 10 again. Honda took the podium for the 2nd time in a row! Overall rankings, Honda holds 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th place!

Looks like Honda was dominant on Stage 10 again. Honda took the podium for the 2nd time in a row! Overall rankings, Honda holds 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th place!
Honda ended up doing good!!

Honda ended up doing good!!
Yep. Honda takes top 2. KTM takes 6 of the top 10, (7 if you add in the White KTM, aka Husky).

Good to see Sherco in the top 10. 7th is respectable. They had 3 in the top 20. Pretty good for a developing brand.

Back