• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Harley Adv bike

Sure looks like it lacks front wheel travel. Even the videos show it kind of bottoming out more than I'd expect.

I think it looks cool. Hope to see that on the road this year.

Man oh man. Me and my CFO need to have a serious conversation. This is sounding alarmingly good.

If it's 560, I'm pretty impressed?

Color me impressed. That's a solid effort. Lighter and cheaper than I expected. I'd still rather it be 50lbs lighter with 50 less horsepower, but I'm sure it'll have plenty of appeal. Also out of my budget, but that's a different matter.

I am not a fan of the front end, but I have to give them credit for the rest of it. They certainly put in the work on it. I'd love to see the adaptive ride height thing in more detail. Not really for me, but that is a game changer for a LOT of folks.

The specs are there. It uses Showa suspension so it can't be that hard to modify if one needs a bit more spring.

I definitely want to ride one but I am actually impressed with the first look at numbers and really hoping it does well.

Side note. The non-special version is 25 pounds lighter at 534....but it has cast wheels and no skid plate and crash bars so it would be a bit less capable off road.

I wouldn't ever call this an adv bike. It's more like an "all-roads" bike that looks like an adv, like the Multistrada. They both have the same wheelbase as a Dyna or Softtail and the tire sizes are 120 and 170, so they are definitely leaning towards OTR touring with aspirations of gravel and dirt farm roads.

But, they certainly have everyone, everywhere talking about how great of a job they did the first go around. A lot to like about it. It'll certainly be a good platform engine when it makes it's way into the Dyna/Softtail line and the baggers via a longer stroke.

Last edited:
This may have been covered in some earlier posting, but I wonder how the engine is set up. The classic Harley engine is all about potato-potato rumble-rumble. I can't see adventure bike riders wanting those characteristics. Stock adventure bike engines are typically smooth and pretty quiet.

The friend I have was the BMW Brand Manager at the first dealer I worked at and is a very capable rider. He said the bike feels very light and very off road capable. The 120/70-19 front and 170/60-17 rear are the new ADV bike standard.

There is no "standard". It really just boils down to what the bike's intended purpose is. Like @X1Glider said, this one I'm sure is more geared towards the all roads crowd. Very much the same as the Tenere, GS, Africa Twin, and Strom. It isn't pavement geared like the Multi-strada, and BMW XR, but it isn't more to the dirt side like the KTM790, Tenere 700 business either.

Back