• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

When my old door opener died (a mid 80's Craftsman chain drive) a few years ago, I happened on a Chamberlan 1.5 hp belt drive opener on clearance at Home depot, and it included a battery backup and internet access.
I thought it was gimicky at first, but find it very nice to have now. Nothing worse than having to turn around to check if the door was left open. Or having to get up out of bed to double check it was closed. It is set to automatically close 10 minutes after opening, and set to close at 9 pm if it is open as well.
I have no need for a battery backup, I can open the garage door just fine, but my wife and kids can't.
Battery gives like 5-7 open/close cycles max. I tell my wife if power goes out, she can open the garage door once to get her car out, but can't park back inside till power comes back on.

It did cost a little more than $35 though ($125 more to be exact).
I have a 1HP Craftsman belt drive with Wifi and battery backup as well. Can't remember if it's the same as Chamberlain or not. My phone beeps and lets me know if the garage was opened or closed or I can do it remotely myself. But yeah, if I'm away, it's nice being able to look at the phone and see if it's closed.

The dog likes the garage so he can watch the world go by and whizz in the yard while I'm at work, so he's tethered out there during the day with the door up about 24-26". The only thing the software lacks is the ability to do is remotely crack the door like I can with the manual opener. A user preset height would be excellent.

Yes, mine is a standard door opener that also has the wifi aspect if I want. I still have the old style clicker on the visor and button on the wall.
If the internet is down, I can't use the app, but everything else works just the same.
Don't worry about that, it always works.

I have a 1HP Craftsman belt drive with Wifi and battery backup as well. Can't remember if it's the same as Chamberlain or not. My phone beeps and lets me know if the garage was opened or closed or I can do it remotely myself. But yeah, if I'm away, it's nice being able to look at the phone and see if it's closed.

The dog likes the garage so he can watch the world go by and whizz in the yard while I'm at work, so he's tethered out there during the day with the door up about 24-26". The only thing the software lacks is the ability to do is remotely crack the door like I can with the manual opener. A user preset height would be excellent.
Current Chamberlain and Craftsman openers are the same (and I think Liftmaster as well?).

Around Christmas time I got an ad in the email from Amazon for a MyQ system from Chamberlain. Normally around $35.00 was on sale so I bought it. Like someone said, having to turn around and check if the door is shut, etc. Or in our case, we have cameras so we can see if it is open or closed, but if open, have to return. It works really good for us. This is what we have.

I had been concerned that when I built my add-on boat shed at my garage/shop/hangar, that I MIGHT have gotten one corner encroaching on the neighbors lot.

So, today, I got out the post hole digger and took a couple of sections of fence pipe over to one corner and set the pipe up with a large FedEx Tyvek envelope taped to the top so I could spot it.

Then, I went to the opposite corner and sighted down in line with the stake where I was standing...

IMG_8312.JPG

No worries! I'm clear by about 10'...

Well, my project is delayed for another day. Just got off work and cannot be assed to do it tonight. Tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I lied. I just installed it. Took all of 5 minutes. Mainly because I didn’t put the mag sensors on. I need to fab up a small bracket to make it work and it’s too dark in my shed to find the metal to do it with right now. The actual WiFi controller works perfectly either with my phone connected to the WiFi or just OTA. I am well pleased with this solution. I will post some pics when I get it done and tidied up.

This is it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QCTN7...abc_H4CZCC0CZG2BVJETTBBG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Around Christmas time I got an ad in the email from Amazon for a MyQ system from Chamberlain. Normally around $35.00 was on sale so I bought it. Like someone said, having to turn around and check if the door is shut, etc. Or in our case, we have cameras so we can see if it is open or closed, but if open, have to return. It works really good for us. This is what we have.

@tejasbusa are you able to open and close the garage door with the MyQ while away from home with the app or do you have to be on your home's wifi to check the status and operate it?

MyQ uses an online only app, if your home internet is down, you can't do anything through the app (but the regular garage door openers (clicker, built in car, and wall mount etc.) still work just as before).

Last edited:
I have opened and closed my garage door from a few hundred miles away when the battery died in the access pad outside. Like what Blupupher said. The house 🏡 internet has to be up to work from the ap

duchess got a new tire mounted on her BMW wheel. Man, she keeps her wheels clean, a pleasure to work on it.

DFSY4296[1].JPG

And I got my panels back with the new decals, professionally installed, much better.

Before

IMG_5101.JPG

After, nice work I would say!

IMG_5394.JPG

IMG_5404.JPG

And, just a little tease, I am getting a new scooter, a little different than those I would usually purchase, but a buddy made me a killer deal, and I love him, so I am getting it, hopefully get it home Saturday.

First Pic.jpg

We will need video proof of the first stopie attempt.;-)

Service those links! Looks pretty cool.

And zip tie both fork legs together before working on them. Was told the front leg could release with enough force to make two of you.

Today, making the best of my unplanned time off, I'll try to put the ailing Suzuki back together. All the parts are in and my other projects are finished.

duchess got a new tire mounted on her BMW wheel. Man, she keeps her wheels clean, a pleasure to work on it.

View attachment 287279

And I got my panels back with the new decals, professionally installed, much better.

Before

View attachment 287280

View attachment 287281

View attachment 287282

And, just a little tease, I am getting a new scooter, a little different than those I would usually purchase, but a buddy made me a killer deal, and I love him, so I am getting it, hopefully get it home Saturday.

View attachment 287283
Looks as though my HERO has moved to the Darkside!!! The darkest of the Dark Side(ape hangers&loud pipes)...
Head bowed, he backs out of the dim light of the shed, around the corner, waiting to see what will come next in these trying times...😱
Sweet Jesus next it will be the WALKER...Screenshot_20200606-171831_Gallery.jpg

Finished it up last night. Everything worked perfectly. I didn’t really tidy it up so I’m ashamed to take pictures. Rest assured that it came out good and I can now open my door via the net. Which means decreased frustration due to that crap old remote.

Pete, it has an S&S stroker motor in it and only 1000 miles on it. This is kind of a museum piece to play with but he didn't want it to rot in his shop and nobody stepped up, so I am the guy. It is just amazing how busy I am with scooters. I will have a pretty steep learning curve on this guy, no stoppies, wheelies or high speed twisties, so I will find a spot in the Scooter Shop for her.

View attachment 287279

Before

View attachment 287280

View attachment 287281

View attachment 287282

View attachment 287283

Man I love those 990 SMR's - I had a 2010 and it's one of my favorite bikes of all the ones I've had which is many

Pete, it has an S&S stroker motor in it and only 1000 miles on it. This is kind of a museum piece to play with but he didn't want it to rot in his shop and nobody stepped up, so I am the guy. It is just amazing how busy I am with scooters. I will have a pretty steep learning curve on this guy, no stoppies, wheelies or high speed twisties, so I will find a spot in the Scooter Shop for her.
No judgement on my part... 😉 Just poking the Bear a bit(insert push rod motor & 21" front runner humor), everybody knows that... 😏
Carry On BRO

My busiest day in a long time!

I finally got several big totes of bike parts and special tools transferred from the storage trailer into the back of the hangar bay where I can get at them easily (a few days ago)

Today:
-Dig thru totes of special tools to locate valve spring compressor
-Remove valves on 880 Norton Commando head, inspect head (seat damage, no valve damage)
-Dig thru more totes to locate valve guide drift
-Remove tank, carbs & kickstarter from '67 Triumph Bonneville
-Survey parts needed to refresh '67 Bonnie
-Check recently acquired used battery charger for functionality (meter doesn't work, but it charges)
-Enjoy a REALLY nice, peaceful lunch in the shade with a cool breeze wafting by and bees buzzing around helping spring get here soon
-Remove dead battery from almost new auto jumpstart rig in order to get a replacement ordered
-Figure out pipe requirements to extend tractor exhaust from just underneath to behind seat, then curve upward to accept muffler on hard
-Relocate one trailer out of the way of area cleanup progress
-Order parts for Triumph on e-bay
-Order battery for jumpstarter on e-bay

Best work day since last September.

Back