• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: TARA monthly dual sport adventure ride

We finally made this one, pretty nice an good pace for a 250miles loop I was trying to keep the speed monotone from pave to dirt, Big group for sure and easy to mess up thing like turn to early like looking at the gps :). A lot of thing to think about when you are up front, and if any want to pass it okay with me, all going to the same place. I hope everyone made it home OK.

Very impress about the ktm 390 by the way
You should see what it can do when I'm not on it slowing it down ;)

GPS says it hit this on the way home:

Max Speed 96.6 mph

It can get down the road ok for a 37hp lawn mower engine.

Man that nice super capable engine, on the drive down we it 976 I think you could have follow us to hit 281 we when through.

KTM squadron 62C0A78A-F8E9-411B-A6F7-EA2E9C88F849.jpeg

How’s the shape of the route? Thinking about doing it soon.

How’s the shape of the route? Thinking about doing it soon.
Some deep sand in parts that got folks. Some really deep gravel in other places that caused some falls. One really slick water crossing that took a number of people out.

Otherwise seemed to be good.

The road are nice for the unpaved portion maybe half of the road as the some white inch top layer roll like marble especially if you end up in the middle where it thick. Sandy Creek portion always nice. Couple patch of surprise sand. It a good one ☝️

Sad I missed it, sounds fun (except the slick water crossing f that)

Great ride to San Saba yesterday. Weather was awesome and the group was amazing! Led by Simon and other fast riders that regrouped many times to laugh and share stories throughout the route. The best ride I’ve experienced with this group!

Attachments

• 176C28C9-12F6-4C85-9C61-BD5B5ECD17B2.jpeg
    176C28C9-12F6-4C85-9C61-BD5B5ECD17B2.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 8CF54A17-0C36-44F6-8353-10F6114795F4.jpeg
    8CF54A17-0C36-44F6-8353-10F6114795F4.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 190
Ouch. Never ride on the middle lane. Learned that the hard way.

If you have the time and want to see more here is a long version. Play your favorite tunes under the video cause if I put a song, YouTube bans the video.
Im working on the resolution issue. it looks kind of crappy in the long version.

Last edited:
If you have the time and want to see more here is a long version. Play your favorite tunes under the video cause if I put a song, YouTube bans the video.
Im working on the resolution issue. it looks kind of crappy in the long version.

The link is not working for me

Yes, Thank you Rob. Now we know why you kept running 'back and forth'.

Thanks Simon, et. al. for the ride, it was a very learning experience for me personally. First real time on some gravel/sand/water crossings (nailed it) / etc. Biggest takeaway for me was standing position and that I need some better off-road tires!

Great time, even if I left after lunch ;-)

See y'all next time.

I was excited to meet everyone for my first TARA ride today, but unfortunately no one showed up! Looking forward to trying again next month. I usually avoid riding in rain and on wet roads but I decided to ride the Round Mountain route and had a great time doing so, and gained a bit of confidence riding in inclement weather. Not much dirt, but I think the Althaus David road is one of the prettiest I've been on. 181 miles round trip from Kyle and made it back before the big rains kicked in. Hope everyone else had a great Saturday also.
IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

I was excited to meet everyone for my first TARA ride today, but unfortunately no one showed up! Looking forward to trying again next month. I usually avoid riding in rain and on wet roads but I decided to ride the Round Mountain route and had a great time doing so, and gained a bit of confidence riding in inclement weather. Not much dirt, but I think the Althaus David road is one of the prettiest I've been on. 181 miles round trip from Kyle and made it back before the big rains kicked in. Hope everyone else had a great Saturday also.
View attachment 292155
View attachment 292156
View attachment 292157
View attachment 292158
View attachment 292159
View attachment 292160
View attachment 292161
View attachment 292162
Just got home after 14h on the bike. It was a really nice day to ride and until 2:30 or so I stayed dry. Rain doesn't bother me...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

A true adventurer.

I think Simon means he would try it next weekend. When weather truly sucks we have, at times, just coordinated to meet another time. I’m not in the area so I couldn’t make it anyway.

Im interested in riding the San Saba ride since I missed it. Maybe next weekend?

Last edited:
Back