• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Cinco de Mayo slacker ride

Hope the wind dies down.

Forecast is for 5-10 here in Fort Worth.

I forgot about an appointment for tomorrow that I didn’t put on my calendar. So I moved the appointment to next week. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KAFW 042326Z 0500/0524 36014KT P6SM SCT040
FM050100 01007KT P6SM SKC
FM051400 04005KT P6SM FEW250

Where exactly does that code say five mph out of the North East?

KAFW 042326Z 0500/0524 36014KT P6SM SCT040
FM050100 01007KT P6SM SKC

Where exactly does that code say five mph out of the North East?

From the 5th at 1400 Zulu time (0900 local), wind will be out of 040 degrees at 5 knots. Visibility will be Plus 6 statute miles. Few clouds at 25,000 feet.

Nice day!

1620214991701.png

Out. I'm in tire conservation mode for an upcoming trip. Need that extra bit of margin for getting back home. Yall have a great ride.

Randy and I decided to head home after lunch and run thru Graford and over to 920 and Weatherford and to the house.
At the intersection of 1185 and 920 we came upon a new Yamaha Tenere (with paper tags still on it) pulled to the side of the road and had brake fluid pouring from the front end.
Seems someone at Maxim Yamaha/Honda didn't follow their assembly check list and forgot to tighten the caliper bolts when they put the front wheel on.
Both front calipers came loose at the highway intersection and wadded up between the forks and the front wheel. then it ripped the front brake line loose.
He didn't crash.
He was going thru the yield part of the intersection and not the stop part so that may have helped somewhat.
Randy and I got the calipers back in the right place and secured them so they wouldn't get tangled in the wheel again. And we tightened the brake line so it wouldn't leak the last little bit of fluid onto the front wheel.
I suggested we follow the guy to the nearest store, park the bike and call Maxim to get their butts out to recover the bike, but the rider insisted on riding back to Allen/Frisco with just a back brake.
We kept an eye on him until we had to turn separate ways. Told him to call me with the news when he got home cuz I was gonna worry about the situation.
That guy was sooooo lucky he didn't flip/crash and get seriously injured or killed. So is Maxim Yamaha/Honda.
We'll see if I get any further news.

SS

Randy and I decided to head home after lunch and run thru Graford and over to 920 and Weatherford and to the house.
At the intersection of 1185 and 920 we came upon a new Yamaha Tenere (with paper tags still on it) pulled to the side of the road and had brake fluid pouring from the front end.
Seems someone at Maxim Yamaha/Honda didn't follow their assembly check list and forgot to tighten the caliper bolts when they put the front wheel on.
Both front calipers came loose at the highway intersection and wadded up between the forks and the front wheel. then it ripped the front brake line loose.
He didn't crash.
He was going thru the yield part of the intersection and not the stop part so that may have helped somewhat.
Randy and I got the calipers back in the right place and secured them so they wouldn't get tangled in the wheel again. And we tightened the brake line so it wouldn't leak the last little bit of fluid onto the front wheel.
I suggested we follow the guy to the nearest store, park the bike and call Maxim to get their butts out to recover the bike, but the rider insisted on riding back to Allen/Frisco with just a back brake.
We kept an eye on him until we had to turn separate ways. Told him to call me with the news when he got home cuz I was gonna worry about the situation.
That guy was sooooo lucky he didn't flip/crash and get seriously injured or killed. So is Maxim Yamaha/Honda.
We'll see if I get any further news.

SS
Not good. Glad the rider is ok. I actually heard the service dept was pretty good there and mentioned that at lunch today.

That said, the assembly guys aren't usually real mechanics.

Back