• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700 twtex thread T7 XTZ700

How come you didnt use Konflict like in the past?

Konflict wasn't doing T7's at the time I had mine done. I also had this recommendation:

It's time for me to buy a center stand for my T7. Amazon has a Yamaha OEM for $325. Rocky has an SW Motech for $245. Is the Yamaha brand worth the extra money and extra weight?

It's time for me to buy a center stand for my T7. Amazon has a Yamaha OEM for $325. Rocky has an SW Motech for $245. Is the Yamaha brand worth the extra money and extra weight?
I have been happy with the SW Motech one on my bike.

Oh hey, waddaya know, I met the mysterious Dao in Mexico too ;)

View attachment 293128

My favorite place, probably...ever.
View attachment 293129

View attachment 293130

Bonus pic from the Marfa plateau on the way back from big bend:
View attachment 293131

And update, the Huzar exhaust! Definitely a steal at ~$230. Took 2-3 weeks to deliver. Without the included extra baffle, it's maybe 20-30% louder than stock? Not bad at all, I'm always worried about aftermarket exhausts being obnoxious but this one's fine. Deepens the exhaust note, but doesn't quite get rid of the "can"-ish noise as much as I wanted. It's also one of the best aesthetic mods, makes the bike look much tighter.

View attachment 293132

Nice muffler mod, extended it up high and under the brace wow, makes me wonder why I never thought about playing with past bikes at a local muffler shop, would've been fun. MARKY MARK, so we met in Santiago too lol, upstairs balcony remember? Me and my gang showed up Sunday night. That's got to be your t7 i see behind the tree from my upstairs window?

Oh hey, waddaya know, I met the mysterious Dao in Mexico too ;)

View attachment 293128

My favorite place, probably...ever.
View attachment 293129

View attachment 293130

Bonus pic from the Marfa plateau on the way back from big bend:
View attachment 293131

And update, the Huzar exhaust! Definitely a steal at ~$230. Took 2-3 weeks to deliver. Without the included extra baffle, it's maybe 20-30% louder than stock? Not bad at all, I'm always worried about aftermarket exhausts being obnoxious but this one's fine. Deepens the exhaust note, but doesn't quite get rid of the "can"-ish noise as much as I wanted. It's also one of the best aesthetic mods, makes the bike look much tighter.

View attachment 293132

Attachments

• 20210426_072245.jpg
    20210426_072245.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 134
Hey, @MarkyMark mark:

Can you link that huzar part number they shipped to you?

check out my headlight protector ... i got paranoid about someone in front of me roost up a rock & cracking those expensive LED headlight housing. These sw motech shields should do the trick
View attachment 293192

I like Peter and his crotch rocket DS lol, he makes it look easy riding one of those non offroad bikes...in the offroad mex adv.

I have not heard one bad thing about these T700s. My son Chad rode a friends T700 when he went on MexTrek and called me and said "dad you have to get this bike"

I have been looking for something to replace my KTM 500 and this looks like it.

I went on the Yamaha website and clicked (check inventory) five dealers popped up from Dallas to Victoria. The first four I called did not have one even though the website said they did, some even laughed when I asked if they had one. When I called the fifth dealer in Victoria, Velocity Powersports, the salesman - Zach said they just got one in 5 minutes ago and he was fixing to post it up. Hold it for me I said and I put up a $500 deposit and went down two days later and picked it up.
This is totally foreign to me. I had not sat on one or even ridden one and here I am buying one. I have started ordering farkles yesterday and appreciate the info in this thread.View attachment 293486

You bought it cuz you trust your son's instinct, good dad...

Last edited:
Autocorrect strikes again. It was supposed to say top heavy. I'd not be worried about the weight, just that it's all the way up on top.

I've never sat on one either, but keep hearing good things about them. I'm not lining up to trade in my Africa Twin, but it's certainly an interesting bike.

Ive riden both, and they similar... very smooth, also like a vstrom 650. But afrika got that extra hwy hp.

Nice muffler mod, extended it up high and under the brace wow, makes me wonder why I never thought about playing with past bikes at a local muffler shop, would've been fun. MARKY MARK, so we met in Santiago too lol, upstairs balcony remember? Me and my gang showed up Sunday night. That's got to be your t7 i see behind the tree from my upstairs window?
Oh yeah, that's it! I'm sorry, I met a lot of people on that balcony haha. Got a name for me?

And, update on that Huzar muffler. I ended up putting the second baffle in (it's just a little circle plate), it seemed like after ~500 miles it got significantly louder, I can't tell if it's that or I just started wearing earplugs less. Also, exhaust tape that's actually functional, hopefully keeping me from excrutiating pain if I catch my leg back there. And yeah, it burns your boot.

20210614_230805.jpg

Oh yeah, that's it! I'm sorry, I met a lot of people on that balcony haha. Got a name for me?

And, update on that Huzar muffler. I ended up putting the second baffle in (it's just a little circle plate), it seemed like after ~500 miles it got significantly louder, I can't tell if it's that or I just started wearing earplugs less. Also, exhaust tape that's actually functional, hopefully keeping me from excrutiating pain if I catch my leg back there. And yeah, it burns your boot.

View attachment 295229
I took one ride on mine and put the second DBA killer (the plate) in. I like it much better nice and quiet. It also got a little quieter yet when I installed the Fisch spark arrestor.

click the link, you do not have to login to see the video

another one,

Last edited:
Have any of you guys burned through the OEM tires and switched to something else?

Not sure how streety vs how dirty I want go with replacements. I am realistic knowing the bike will see more blacktop than dirt.

I have been pretty pleased with old style E07 rears on my Africa Twin. Front not so sure about on AT. Have used a TKC80, old style EO7, 804 and currently a K60. The AT probably sees less and easier dirt than I plan on the T7 seeing.

Thanks

Have any of you guys burned through the OEM tires and switched to something else?

Not sure how streety vs how dirty I want go with replacements. I am realistic knowing the bike will see more blacktop than dirt.

I have been pretty pleased with old style E07 rears on my Africa Twin. Front not so sure about on AT. Have used a TKC80, old style EO7, 804 and currently a K60. The AT probably sees less and easier dirt than I plan on the T7 seeing.

Thanks
I replaced the OEM tires with Michelin Anakee Wilds and now running the Motoz Adventure Tractionators. The AWs were good but the rear only lasted 2,600 miles. The Motoz rear has over 2k miles and still looks new.

@JT
killer jump vids!
makes me want to get a t7 out to spoaks mx to try to catch a little air.

btw... as some of you may already know....this sunday's ride is @ McMahan Ranch = Father's day AMSA family ride.
NO ATV'S, NO SxS-only 2 wheels allowed. I'll be out there on my 300rr:thumb:

Love to see all the details everyone put on their T7. I got my bike and put some thoughts to what I wanted after I had a Tiger 955i and a BMW1200 AVD. I wanted the bike to be useful and still easy to handle so looked at my best possibilities and the result was the following

Camel AVD products highly recommend them

-2 finger clutch arm lever
-Rear fender and tag accessories to eliminate that ugly long apparatus that came with the bike
- bars to reinforce the front cluster to prevent vibration nice work by camel
- skid plate for engine protector and above water pump etc the camel plate is great and fits on my Touratech crash bars
- Next will be the extra 1.2 gallon Camel tank for gas to finish Alaska trip

Touratech equipment

- crash bars great manufacturing I love them because they connect to the chassis no to the engine like the Yamaha and others
- front LED guard works great removable for cleaning super
-GPS Zumo Xt cradle this product is fantastic locks my GPS in place besides I purchased the deal they have Zumo plus cradle great deal they ran out of them in no time

Giant Loop
- Soft bags I just live how the bike looks and the bags are half price of Mosko so not a brainer when I finally desired to purchased them I got 60 liters of storage plenty for me just on the two side bags with the small extension bags, easy to dismount little lick mechanism they are fantastic

Givvi
- Tool box compartment, I got a similar one on my GS but from Touratech at much more higher cost. The givvi works the same

Roxxy
-I just got shinko tires big block will try them soon and will comment

Few other things that I had from my other bikes the extra gas tank and water etc

I almost forgot my new sound by Delkevic fully exhaust

titanium and stainless sounds real good and a great price highly recomend his products I have a nice 4 in one on my CB750K2 1972

cheers hope you like my creation works great for me

42935DCE-44B9-4837-8357-FF8ADE47C5CD.jpeg
CA17DB24-C51F-40E1-8D30-51EEB192942E.jpeg
EEEF207B-C716-40B2-A91C-C54A844E5C17.jpeg
D44732E1-D193-4518-821C-611AAB8F311B.jpeg
85B4D06B-7803-4D65-9F5D-3CAA0D731E14.jpeg

^^^^_________ that camel belly pan def. tucks higher up than my plastic axp pan. :thumb: He makes top shelf parts.

when you installed that plate and center stand, did you notice that yamaha provided a steel protection plate to armor the kickstand switch?
I've had 2 bikes , KTM 690 & Vstrom 650, that died on me in the middle of nowhere b/c some rock took out the k/s switch, killing the bike 5 secs later. i was all set on taking out this switch on t7, but upon seeing the armor in place, there's no need to now.

You ate right the guy from Camel does makes good solid parts. Have you see hin on the on action showing skills and running up north in his area amazing

yes, i'm impressed, ... the kind of guy you want designing& approving your armor parts. :thumb:

Last edited:
Took an impromptu July-4th-Touring trip to West Virginia, ended up around ~1700 miles and went through Tail of the Dragon a couple times. Got to witness a mama black bear and her two cubs wander out onto a trail about 40 yards in front of us, that's not something I want to experience again

20210705_122635.jpg

- The seat is fine in limited bursts with riding pants. With jeans and 8 hour days, my *** was on fire
- The windscreen is great but the wind is just barely too loud for me to enjoy podcasts via my cardo on full volume. Would love just a little more protection, might look into that adjustable screen
- E07 tires are great for straightline touring, decent on the twisties, I don't have any experience yet on any dirt more than gravel
- It seems like the engine is surging a bit at a consistent 6k rpm, I can just barely feel it through the footpegs. Haven't checked the fuel filture yet

Back