• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gila Monster dual sport adventure rally - Aug 22 - 28, 2021 After the ride

Rsquared

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see your pictures and hear your tales...

Reactions: JT
First of all Thank You to all the folks that had a hand in making this happen.

And, I couldn’t have asked for a better group of guys to ride with. @Eulogite, @centextom Brian, Dustin, Frank, and Jay thanks for letting me ride along.

I didn’t take a lot of pictures, too busy riding I guess.
87C45573-0FB2-441F-9F90-097EAAB94998.jpeg

D76F07A1-2433-4176-BBD4-F1CC510C7C21.jpeg

A30DBBD4-8F56-4115-8140-726165F4478D.jpeg

237AA7BF-DBEE-4F23-A8A2-81C0F739A102.jpeg

9BADE2F9-5D66-4126-8F2F-663AA05AA7FB.jpeg

CA124F3F-B249-4BB6-868B-0B9F0E94CAF4.jpeg

3ACA74A7-A876-48A8-BB87-9F893C69D41C.jpeg
50EF0065-C058-4A2B-9A16-D202B9600BF4.jpeg

E342EB78-34B7-42CF-BC91-3986C5FA60AA.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm really glad I went! Met some great folks and had a blast every day! Thanks to Wes, Mark, Rich, and JT and anybody else who helped put this together. I will definitely go back.

Great pics, keep them coming. And, we are thinking about doing again next year. Please post any suggestions.

Does this make anybody else dizzy besides me? The desert was really green. I just noticed my GPS speedometer in this picture. Oops.

Tilted.jpg

Big Jason unloading the AT.

Jason.jpg

Bear Wallow track after the first good climb.

Bear Wallow.jpg

Is Roger smiling?!

Roger.jpg

Frank and Dustin.jpg

Dustin, here are the pictures I took of the accident scene. I was standing right by "the log" and could have taken a viral video if I had been thinking. I share these with now with all due respect. I hope you like having these to look back on, someday. I hope and pray that you are healing swiftly and please give us an update on how you're doing.

Our track on Bear Wallow disappeared, but there was a grassy shelf that used to be a road, but the burned trees had come down the mountain and were blocking the shelf. We went down the shelf into a grassy marsh and back up on the shelf to get around the first log.

No road.jpg

Dustin attempted to jump the log. Others added a few sticks for the ramp.

The log.jpg

Dustin and the Beemer were not in good shape after it went wrong.
Dustin 1.jpg

Dustin 3.jpg

After discussing our options for extraction, it was decided to get Dustin back to a decent road as the first step. I have a video of Dustin riding away on his first attempt as we watched on anxiously. My phone says I can't transfer it due to size, but maybe somebody can tell me how to work around that. We were amazed that not only did he ride with what we thought was a broken collar bone and probably ribs, but he made the entire descent on a rough road and went all the way to Silver City. You are one tough hombre, Dustin!

The lift.jpg

View.jpg

Group.jpg

The payoff. The end. Thanks for a great time, guys.
La Cocina.jpg

How many people made it out? That’s a long ways! Really jealous of those that made it.

Great pics, keep them coming. And, we are thinking about doing again next year. Please post any suggestions.
I definitely want to go.

Reactions: JT
Looks like a wide variety of bikes, what it the name of the location with the walkways above the water?

Back