• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas 450 – Nov 6 and 7, 2021

Looks like I'm in for Saturday only as long as I can get a new tire on the 790. Will likely head home Saturday night or early Sunday morning.

Well I was politely reminded that Sunday is my wife's birthday so it looks like I am out on this one fellas. I'll be looking for the next one in the spring.
Similar situation, I need to be home on Sunday so I'm doing the Saturday leg only. Not sure if that's an option for you but if you did it, you wouldn't be the only one.

Looks like I'm in for Saturday only as long as I can get a new tire on the 790. Will likely head home Saturday night or early Sunday morning.
Dang, this would have worked for me! But I'm in the same boat, ordered new tires, got the front in but not the rear?! With the rain we had I'd be worried trying on the tires I have now. Wish I could have caught up with you.

Dang, this would have worked for me! But I'm in the same boat, ordered new tires, got the front in but not the rear?! With the rain we had I'd be worried trying on the tires I have now. Wish I could have caught up with you.
Let me know if it works out. My riding buddy had something come up and won't be coming so it would be nice if you made it.

PS.... tried to mount a Dunlop Rally Raid 809 rear last night and found out it needs to be on a tube type bike as it wouldn't seal up on a tubeless rim. Kind of bummed really, I liked that aggressive tread pattern. I'm going to take it back today and swap for an AX41 they had in stock but I'll run old tires if you will. I could always throw my MotoZ GPS tire back on. It's still got a little life left. :) If we both had bald tires, we'd be more motivated to find alternates around the muddy sections.

What size do you need?

My tires are just about done. This will be their last outing. So you will be in good company

I've been having a little trouble, so I cleaned the carb the other day. Fresh pilot jet. It did need it, no doubt.

I took it out front to load in my truck for the ride. It took a long time to start. I let it warm up and took it down the block before riding it into my truck. 75 feet down the road, mid-wheelie, it died. It would not fire back up, so I pushed it home.

Fuel, fire, compression.

I drained the bowl and there was a lot less than there should have been. I have two petcocks on the monster tank, and they both ran slooooow. I popped the cap and the culprit was discovered, shown below.

It's always an adventure, isn't it?

She's loaded now.

I'll see you Saturday morning, unless anyone wants to get dinner Friday night.

A man's got to eat.

20211104_183133.jpg

Wow! I have never seen one of those fail.

Let me know if it works out. My riding buddy had something come up and won't be coming so it would be nice if you made it.

PS.... tried to mount a Dunlop Rally Raid 809 rear last night and found out it needs to be on a tube type bike as it wouldn't seal up on a tubeless rim. Kind of bummed really, I liked that aggressive tread pattern. I'm going to take it back today and swap for an AX41 they had in stock but I'll run old tires if you will. I could always throw my MotoZ GPS tire back on. It's still got a little life left. :) If we both had bald tires, we'd be more motivated to find alternates around the muddy sections.

Put a tube in it and ride!

Wow! I have never seen one of those fail.

Seriously? I've never run one because I've seen so many of them fail.

Hey, Joel, you're supposed to attach them to the TOP of the gas cap :lol2:

Put a tube in it and ride!
Valve stem offset about 2 inches on the 790 rear rim....can work for temporary use but they tend to rip and fail so I wouldn't do it as a long term solution.

I could drill a hole and center it, but then it could never be tubeless again. Bridgestone AX41 mounted up easy and is a good tire. I'm good.

I haven't booked a hotel yet. I see the Hampton was going to be ground zero but also see that apparently they closed and cancelled everyone's reservations. As such, what hotel in Livingston is everyone staying at? Anyone planning anything fun tonight? Even a parking lot conversation for a bit is better than watching TV by myself in a hotel room.

I'll be in Livingston around 7. My wife booked me an airbnb just out of town, but I will want to break bread.

Find a spot and I'll be there, at least for a little while.

America's Best Inn is where I'm staying if ya'll want meet for evening meal pic a place and I'll be there.

I've decided to save my hall pass for a weekend where I can fully participate.

Looks like great weather though. Kind of bummed to not go but it was just feeling like I was rushing to make it happen and it would be riding 400 miles of highway for 250 miles of dual sport making it a bit less fun than if it was over 2 days.

I've decided to save my hall pass for a weekend where I can fully participate.

Looks like great weather though. Kind of bummed to not go but it was just feeling like I was rushing to make it happen and it would be riding 400 miles of highway for 250 miles of dual sport making it a bit less fun than if it was over 2 days.
Thanks for letting me know. I will remove you from the contact list. Disappointed you will not be riding with us, but I cannot argue with your math.

I'm in town, getting supplies at Walmart. I think I'm going to eat early and head to the room. It's been a long week and it will be an early morning.

I’m going to book a last minute room at the Motel 6 and hit the road this evening. See you guys there!

I am looking forward to the riding this weekend. Dress in layers as it will be cool in the morning.

I just shared the contact list with those on the list. If you have not signed up, you still can, but it may not be shared with other. I can still access it if needed and I have cell service.

If you are running late, I would suggest you try to take the surface roads to get ahead of us. I would suggest you try to arrive at 6:45 so you can be unloaded and fueled by 7 AM. After we get sorted and the safety chat, I expect we will start rolling at 7:15. In my book, if you arrive right at 7:15, you are really 15 minutes or more late, so please don't expect people to wait for you unless you agree to buy a round of beer at dinner.

I have confirmed our reservation for dinner at 7 PM at the Rancho Grande restaurant in center.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Please re-read post #1 for the ride details.

Back