• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Slacker's ride November 10, 2021 or Friday, November 12, depending on weather...

Reaction score
First Name
David
The weather was looking good for some prime slacking this coming Wednesday. Given that we're in the midst of Autumn, we won't start real early.

So meet at the Bluff Dale Country Club (aka The Valero station in town). KSU will be at 10:00am. I think Mary mentioned something about Jacksboro.

Update: The forecast is deteriorating and we're watching it like a hawk. If it's gonna be rainy on Wednesday, we'll change it to Friday. Check back here BEFORE riding out Wednesday.

Last edited:
Ok, I am in, nobody complained, so I am a goer! Woo Hoo! I am feeling some 890 R, but I will have my new Saddleman seat for the SMR on Monday, so we will definitely have to try that puppy out. I love the SMR, the seat is just crippling though, so hopefully this will fix it.

Got a Hall pass from the Mrs. for a Back-2-back-slack. I'll overnight in Mineral Wells Wednesday and catch an expected cold front tailwind home Thursday morning. Perhaps a bit west and down thru Dublin and breakfast at Granny Clarks.

Last edited:
Watch posts. We’ll switch to Friday IF rain chances escalate for tomorrow day.
Friday works for me. This morning the chance of rain in Fort Worth is up to 59% on Wednesday with 15-25 mph winds. Yesterday it was 45%. But let's watch it carefully.

Mine says "Scattered thunderstorms developing during the afternoon" and "Chance of evening thunderstorms". Wednesday seems to be rain day. Not sure if Friday works, we will see. I have a Dr. Appointment in the morning on Friday, so I may be out of this one.

Mine says "Scattered thunderstorms developing during the afternoon" and "Chance of evening thunderstorms". Wednesday seems to be rain day. Not sure if Friday works, we will see. I have a Dr. Appointment in the morning on Friday, so I may be out of this one.
Switch the DR appt for tomorrow afternoon and free up a Friday. Going to the DR is a great rainy day activity. Riding, not so much.

Just a blood draw, probably can work around it. Appt. is at 0845 in Granbury, so I think I can get there, just need to verify with my beautiful spouse that we have no plans.

Back