• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

End of Month Ride (Southern Style)

I gotta need for some Needville pie. Tentatively in.

This is a photo from my last TWT visit to TJC in February 2014. It was on the last day of a 3700 mile, seven day trip around the borders of Texas. Along the way it was 82° in McAllen and 34° in Dalhart.
IMG_3521_copy_512x384.jpg

Quick head count sounds like around 10 - 12 so far. I've been super busy at work this week, but will hopefully have time to give them a courtesy call tomorrow. Since the better half and I won't be there 'till around noon, I'd suggest whoever gets there first on Sunday tell them we're the TWT group, and need seating for 12 - 14.

Not to throw a spanner in the works, but might we want to do this Saturday instead? It might be wet sometime on Sunday looking at the forecast...

Not to throw a spanner in the works, but might we want to do this Saturday instead? It might be wet sometime on Sunday looking at the forecast...
Dang, didn’t realize the forecast was calling for rain on Sunday. Saturday might be the safer day for the forecast, not sure how that changes who can make it. We are over-committed on Sunday and still trying to figure out how to squeeze everything in. We’re a tentative/hopeful for Sunday, all good for Saturday.

Dang, didn’t realize the forecast was calling for rain on Sunday. Saturday might be the safer day for the forecast, not sure how that changes who can make it. We are over-committed on Sunday and still trying to figure out how to squeeze everything in. We’re a tentative/hopeful for Sunday, all good for Saturday.

They changed the forecast again... Probably change again today. It's **** trying to plan anything around here.

Another meet up in the books
Great company, great burgers and a good wet ride back.

We managed to dodge most of the rain on the way home. Got a little bit, but managed to aim between two heavy bits heading west.

Today's schedule had me arriving at 11:00 in order to be back in Austin by mid afternoon. My slice of coconut cream pie was excellent. Glad to see everyone even if only for the briefest of pleasantries. Lots of fog on the way down and only a few drops of rains after lunch. Totaled 365 miles today.

I did get a chance to talk motorcycles with an 80 year old gentleman that parked next to me. He had just sold his BMW LT but still gets around on a 400cc scooter.

Attachments

• coconut_cream_pie639.jpg
    coconut_cream_pie639.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 120
Sorry we didn't get chance to really chat with you Slim, but glad you at least stopped by, and good to hear everyone got home in one piece. Another great get together, and the pie was awesome! The Jay really has the best apple pie I've ever found at a restaurant. Good seeing everyone, and hope to do so again in December in Crockett.
PXL_20211121_201440266.jpg
PXL_20211121_200657638.jpg
PXL_20211121_200705866.MP.jpg
PXL_20211121_200711901.MP.jpg
PXL_20211121_200726745._exported_766_1637542103299.jpg

Today's schedule had me arriving at 11:00 in order to be back in Austin by mid afternoon. My slice of coconut cream pie was excellent. Glad to see everyone even if only for the briefest of pleasantries. Lots of fog on the way down and only a few drops of rains after lunch. Totaled 365 miles today.

I did get a chance to talk motorcycles with an 80 year old gentleman that parked next to me. He had just sold his BMW LT but still gets around on a 400cc scooter.

Sorry we didn't get to visit very long, but thanks for stopping by. The next time we meet on a ride I would like to hear about some of your long distance rides.

Robert

Sorry we didn't get chance to really chat with you Slim, but glad you at least stopped by, and good to hear everyone got home in one piece. Another great get together, and the pie was awesome! The Jay really has the best apple pie I've ever found at a restaurant. Good seeing everyone, and hope to do so again in December in Crockett.

It was great to visit with everyone. We have a very pleasant group, and I'm looking forward to the next ride and visit. I am ready for Crockett! A few years ago it was cold and wet riding, so this year I'll have my electric jacket on standby.

And thank you for the photos!

Robert

So bummed I was out of town and had to miss this with it being so close to home and a place with great pies as well.

I missed this one, but hoping all will go well on my wrenching, so I should be good for the next one!
Hopefully mine will be out of shop by next month. I'd be in for Crockett for sure. Might be able to get the spouse to join me. Maybe, lol.

Last edited:
Sorry we couldn’t make it on this one. We just jammed too much into the weekend. Definitely interested in making the next one!

Back