• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anywhere in Texas to get a BMW K1300GT shock / strut rebuilt? Houston area is preferable.

Reaction score
I know about epmperf.com & beemershop.com but I'm looking for someone closer to hopefully get a faster turnaround.
I need my '09 OEM rear strut rebuilt, preferably including the ESA II setup. Will consider non OEM replacements too.

Contact Konflict Motorsports in Austin.
I called on Monday, followed the prompts and left a voice message. A few minutes later, apparently their *phone system* sent an autotext requesting specifics. I replied to that and still have not heard from them.

Thanks to a buddy and a mechanic friend of his, the rear strut is off the bike and will be shipped to EPM performance on Friday unless someone chimes in sooner with an awesome, closer to Texas option.

Thanks DU for your behind the veil help. :thumb:

If you just need the part try Boonstra in the Netherlands. They have pretty much every bmw part out there and will have it on your doorstep via DHL in a couple of days.

Roger at on road off road in Austin . Have used him several times with great results . Taking the forks to the Concours to him next month.

If you just need the part try Boonstra in the Netherlands. They have pretty much every bmw part out there and will have it on your doorstep via DHL in a couple of days.
Thanks for the tip, bookmarked it.

As I said, the rear strut was shipped to EPM on Friday however, I wouldn't be surprised if the front needs attention before too long so your efforts may not be for naught.
Thanks for the input guys. :thumb:

Last edited:
We pride ourselves on the attention we give to rebuilding motorcycle shocks service. Most shock absorber rebuilds are completed and posted for return shipping in less than 10 business days of receipt by us. In the rare event we cannot meet our deadline, you will be informed by email or phone call about the specifics of the delay.

EPM received my shock Wednesday afternoon Dec. 1, shipped it Monday Dec. 6, and I expect to get it back tomorrow, Dec. 9. That's @ a 3 business day turnaround. :thumb:

After +25K miles prior to the rebuild, I've never noticed a lick of difference in the 3 suspension settings. I spoke with the guy that rebuilt the shock and he said the new valve (or seal, IDR) should fix that issue. Hopefully the bike will be in 1 piece this weekend and I can comment. :huh:

Ever hear back from a human at Konflick?

Alex was short of employees last year. I donā€™t remember the day of the week, but he dedicated a day to answering the phone. He does great work.

Thanks to a couple buddies who were invaluable during tear down & reassembly, my bike went together last Saturday and I rode 140 miles yesterday.

WOW, what a difference! Ever since I bought the bike in May 2020, I experienced suspension/wheel chatter on uneven (think rippled asphalt) surfaces under braking and acceleration. It progressively worsened until the strut failed and the dampening was gone. Now the bike stays planted in all situations and I specifically hammered the throttle during a familiar right hand turn with rippled asphalt.

I couldn't immediately tell the difference between Comfort, Normal and Sport modes as I rode so 98% of Sunday's ride was in Comfort and still a vast improvement before the rebuild. I will ride a section of road I am familiar with repeatedly, most likely FM 224, using the different mode settings before a final verdict but so far I'm happy with EPM Performance's service.

Back