• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post Christmas in Big Bend

Big Bend Resorts and Adventures has apparently fixed their reservation system and is now allowing bookings into 2022.

Sounds like a fun trip.

I am likely riding the week before x-mas and doing projects at home the week after x-mas. Things are still TBD.

GL to those that can make it down there.

JH

just confirmed that the CAMPING reservation is up and running. I should arrive around Jan 12
Looking forward to another BB trip

We have created a WhatsApp group for communication down there. It works with Wifi in case you do not have cell service in the region. Let me know if you would like to be added.

send me a PM with your name and phone number. Also download the WhatsApp app for your phone and register.

Last edited:
Permit question.
If I purchase the vehicle entry permit(7 day I think) for my truck, and trailer in my motorcycle, will I need an additional permit for the motorcycle? Obviously, there will be times when both are in the park, but in different areas. If I transfer the permit from the truck to the mx while riding, then the truck will be in the park without a permit on it.
Last x-mas I stayed at the state park, and didn't have to deal with this issue. Although, the state park officials did try and make me buy an additional permit for my trailer(16').
This is a fun place to ride.

Permit question.
If I purchase the vehicle entry permit(7 day I think) for my truck, and trailer in my motorcycle, will I need an additional permit for the motorcycle? Obviously, there will be times when both are in the park, but in different areas. If I transfer the permit from the truck to the mx while riding, then the truck will be in the park without a permit on it.
Last x-mas I stayed at the state park, and didn't have to deal with this issue. Although, the state park officials did try and make me buy an additional permit for my trailer(16').
This is a fun place to ride.
I don’t think so, but don’t get mad if you get a ticket.

Question, TVIP - Temporary Vehicle Import Permit for MX. Do you get one for day rides if you cross at Presidio/Ojinaga to Peguis Canon?

Can you buy Bike INS at the crossing ?

Question, TVIP - Temporary Vehicle Import Permit for MX. Do you get one for day rides if you cross at Presidio/Ojinaga to Peguis Canon?

Can you buy Bike INS at the crossing ?

Refer to Trail Boss’s post in the thread about Uncles around the bend. He says you don’t need one for a day ride into Mexico if you stay around the border.

Back