• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Today's Outdoor Birding Adventure.

I don't, but will try again tomorrow if it cooperates. Thanks.

We had to put covering on windows in sun room. A male cardinal attacks his reflection all day long real hard. .It is noisy and annoying. I think it just last through mating season. The feeder is just out the windows. Then Daisy goes on alert from the action. Maybe the term bird-brain was derived from this reflective boxing. Is the bird an idiot? It is always just one they does it.
The covering seemed to stop most of it.
cardinal guard.jpg

Do you live by water? Lake or river.
Looks like a lesser blue heron. Beautiful shot. I saw one swallow a large fish once
I live in La Porte so pretty close to the bay (salt water). He/she is a grey color with blue tint, legs are long and dark (black, maybe?), and forehead is yellow.

My brother in San Marcos took this picture in his back yard. He said it was huge. Is it a great horned owl?
Owl.jpg

I like this thread, but the title amuses me. Do you have lots of indoor birding adventures? :sun:

Saw a couple of baby red birds about dusk. The mother was encourage them to fly. It is always a race before a cat or snake get them. Hope they made it,
baby red bird 1.jpg

Yellow Crowned Night Heron. Probably has red eyes too.
Yep, I think you nailed it. Thanks! Think it strange that a salt water bird would nest in a pine tree though. Maybe it's identifying as a dove, lol.

bird adventure. Two Red Bird males banging on the windows fighting their reflections all day. Went to the Thorndale Mall (Dollar General) got balloons and hope it will stop the racket.
6-1-22 baloon.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the Cooper’s Hawks who nest in the pecan tree across the street today. Gorgeous birds, and they fly low over my house and yard often.

Back