• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2022 Cloudcroft Fall Foliage Hard Dual Sport Ride

RG tends to say a lot with very few words and often phrases things so you have an opportunity to decide for yourself. One of the things I love about him. The best part of that video is when he offers up "Gravity 'can be' a B" right after I became separated from my MC riding down that water chute.
Classic. Maybe you had to be there but I have watched that three times and laughed out loud every time. No one else could have said that simple phrase and have it come out so profound, lol.

Last edited:
He is a unique individual.
I suppose that trail is too hot to do in the summer. Our group would like to do it next time. Just need to find it or force you to do it again John.

He is a unique individual.
I suppose that trail is too hot to do in the summer. Our group would like to do it next time. Just need to find it or force you to do it again John

It is not a summer trail at least not for me, and I will do about anything as you know. That is 100 degrees for most of the summer. The October window is perfect because you can combine the leaf peeping with some challenging trail. We were soaked in sweat (and rain) and it was maybe 60 degrees. Of course I will go again, especially with you guys. It is right down your alley as far as what you like to ride. Easy to find the trailhead but best to go with someone that sort of knows the way. There are some ways around some stuff that otherwise is not passable. All is well that ends well but that is not a spot to get hurt or to break your bike. Minimum of one full day to do a bike rescue ( I have seen it).

This was the most fun I've had on two wheels. We saw some spectacular scenery of the Sacramento mountains that ranged from alpine elevation to the desert floor. There is a huge temperature difference between the top and bottom and, of course, little or no wind in the canyon. Anytime I get to tag along with Johnf3 and JP is a hoot. This was one of those priceless lifetime events. :thumb:

Dang, RG, what did you do; go straight from KLR to hard enduro?!! Great video and thanks for sharing. I really need to get out and ride.

Dang, RG, what did you do; go straight from KLR to hard enduro?!! Great video and thanks for sharing. I really need to get out and ride.
I used to ride with this Jamaican chap who rode a Honda and could ride a wheelie across east Texas. He showed me how to quit fighting the motorcycle, relax and just have fun with it. That was a big help. :thumb:

I used to ride with this Jamaican chap who rode a Honda and could ride a wheelie across east Texas. He showed me how to quit fighting the motorcycle, relax and just have fun with it. That was a big help. :thumb:
Sounds like a lil’ weed could be helpful then

This morning.

1666619460357.png

The videos.....that's the real deal fellers!! I got arm pump just watching it. Have to go take an advil now.

You guys are amazing, I feel like such a bum sitting here working !!!

Thanks for sharing.

WOW, was that in Sep ? Austin area has great colors this week.

Back