• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700 twtex thread T7 XTZ700

Has anyone switched to a one piece seat for a T7? What do you think?

I would assume that this lets you lift the entire seat with one key turn instead of removing it in two parts, the last using an torx key (kind of a pain). My other concern is I am 6'3", so I am sitting on the seam. I have seen some seats that you replace the front section with a nice comfy seat, but I think this would make it uncomfortable if you wanted to move back.

I've got a seat concepts low (only the front, no pillion) and it is very comfortable. As far as seat removal - google the T7 seat hack. Basically, take the torx out, flip the flanged washers over, put the torx back in, and just press the seat down. The pillion holds the front in place. What was Yamaha thinking?

I've got a seat concepts low (only the front, no pillion) and it is very comfortable. As far as seat removal - google the T7 seat hack. Basically, take the torx out, flip the flanged washers over, put the torx back in, and just press the seat down. The pillion holds the front in place. What was Yamaha thinking?
Thanks, the seat hack is brilliant!! Thank you.

I would still like to hear from someone on their experience with the full seat replacement. Since I am already sitting on the seam between the seat components, I think I am going to need a bigger area of padding.

I would assume that this lets you lift the entire seat with one key turn instead of removing it in two parts, the last using an torx key (kind of a pain). My other concern is I am 6'3", so I am sitting on the seam. I have seen some seats that you replace the front section with a nice comfy seat, but I think this would make it uncomfortable if you wanted to move back.

I am just over 6` and have a one piece seat. I started out with a Yamaha Rally seat. Loved being able to move around better and loved the additional leg room but hated the shape of the foam. Had a custom seat guy redo the foam and recover it. It's awesome now.

I am just over 6` and have a one piece seat. I started out with a Yamaha Rally seat. Loved being able to move around better and loved the additional leg room but hated the shape of the foam. Had a custom seat guy redo the foam and recover it. It's awesome now.
Thanks for the info. I put a seat concept seat on my KTM EXC and it made a lot of difference. Did you go with the tall or regular? I usually get the tall seat (like on my EXC), but the T7 height is not bad for me. I will probably go with the tall for longer trips, but would appreciate your thoughts.

I am going to go with my gut, get the tall seat. :-) Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
My seat is the Yamaha Rally seat refoamed and covered. It's not a Seat a concepts seat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220814-182357_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220814-182357_Chrome.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 100
Has anyone tried the Acerbis fuel tank for the T&? 5.8 gallons, clear or black. To me this is cheaper than the tank under the rear fender and keeps the weight better distributed. I have a Acerbis 6 gallon on my EXC and it worked out really well. With 4.2 gallons with the standard tank and 200 miles of range, I am not sure I am seeing an urgent need for more fuel capacity.

Thoughts?

I have the low comfort one piece seat. It's a vast improvement in comfort compared to the OEM seat. I'm only 5' 9" with a 30" inseam and upgraded suspension so I went with the low version.

Has anyone tried the Acerbis fuel tank for the T&? 5.8 gallons, clear or black. To me this is cheaper than the tank under the rear fender and keeps the weight better distributed. I have a Acerbis 6 gallon on my EXC and it worked out really well. With 4.2 gallons with the standard tank and 200 miles of range, I am not sure I am seeing an urgent need for more fuel capacity.

Thoughts?

I have the big tank. It was an easy install and works great.

Alright fellas, wrapped up my two months living off the bike in Colorado. That's 5000 miles of crossing west Texas, Telluride passes, Alpine loop, Gunnison Forest trails, pretty much threw everything I could at the bike.

20220831_125455.jpg

A long winded example:

Some random product reviews:
- Touratech lower crash bars, these saved my bacon more times than I can count. About halfway through the video you can see them in action:
Screenshot 2022-09-06 114453.png

This is why I'm still on the hill that these are absolutely necessary for anyone doing this level of technical riding. There aren't a lot of trails in Texas like this though

- I still hold that the stock skidplate is worth more than most people will admit, mostly because it gets a lot of support from the frame rails and keeps a lot of space between itself and the oil filter. After my touratech one disintegrated, I had to go back to stock for this trip. This was mine after said video:
20220816_175337.jpg

Obviously a lot of damage, but the oil stayed where it was supposed to.

Per tires, I started the trip with e07+ dakar's. These tires have very good highway and dirt performance for most of their lifespan, but of course once that center strip goes flat, most of the driving grip is lost. The front tire is ridiculously hard, I ran 12,000 miles on mine (no, I'm not kidding), and they still had solid tread. My biggest problem with these tires is with the reinforced sidewall; I have zero confidence in my ability to swap out a tube on the side of the road after a long day of riding. Along with that, the front bounces like it's always overinflated, even at 20psi. After getting my *** kicked by Imogene, I switched over to tractionators, Rallz on the front, Adventure on the rear
20220902_113321.jpg
20220828_192420.jpg

...and these are the exact opposite. I got two flats on these tires and changed out the tube in twenty minutes. Super, super soft tire. And honestly, I've been disappointed with these tires so far (in the dirt), they've got consistent grip that I like, I just thought that level of grip would be higher given their profile. Also, the front tire is the first tire that I've actually noticed making road noise; these things are LOUD. I only got a mild amount of death wobble up around ~85mph

- Giving another shoutout to the Camel ADV (or whoever) extended clutch arm

And a TODO list:
- Suspension. I've messed with these forks relentlessly; they're just ****. I need more initial give and more control on the heavy hits.
- Steering damper. My limit now offroad is how dramatically the front deflects off oblique rocks. Hoping this + suspension helps with that
- Tank bag, I like keeping camera stuff right in front of me. Looking for recommendations on this one

And here's some pretty pictures because I feel like it
20220820_194758.jpg
20220820_171921.jpg
20220820_154435.jpg
20220813_161842.jpg
20220819_200415.jpg
20220806_112301.jpg
20220716_204229.jpg
20220716_153637.jpg
20220802_183143.jpg
20220731_192953.jpg

Attachments

• 20220718_185154.jpg
    20220718_185154.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 90
I have over 7k miles on my Motoz Adventure Tractionator and still has more to go before replacing. I have a Mosko Moto Nomad tank bag for sale. Let me know if you're interested @MarkyMark.

Oh **** I forgot: I also swapped to a 16 tooth front sprocket. I like it better overall on the road, first gear is way less annoying in town and it cruises a little better. Unfortunately the sprocket/chain swap revealed an iffy rear bearing and I didn't get to try it offroad. Overall I like it better than the 15t, but I think the optimal would be like a 15.6 tooth. I didn't really wanna mess with the rear sprocket because of the anti-squat stuff, but I might try like a 15/44

I had a big issue on my bike.

Took it out for a ride no brakes

After trying to find the issue no one could tell me anything about it neither could find anything related. I ended bleeding the brakes and they worked fine

@MarkyMark
still looking for tank bag?
CHeck out TUSK's in small size
20211011-191604.jpg

imo....you can't get anything better, or even close to all of its features, at that price.

@MarkyMark
still looking for tank bag?
CHeck out TUSK's in small size
20211011-191604.jpg

imo....you can't get anything better, or even close to all of its features, at that price.

Have heard of quite a few people having zipper failures with the Tusk Tank bags. What was your experience with the zipper?

Last edited:
Back