• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mextrek #17 Santiago "Lite" April 19th to 24th 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
$65

No need for $35, $10 if you have a guidebook

Nothing else needed. I handle all the bookings for the hotels both in Santiago and the US and I send you an invoice a couple weeks before the trip.

Thanks Peter! I have signed up for myself (Baja_Bound) and my wife (Wendy). We will be on a 2011 KLR650 and 2009 XT250. Vamos a Mexico!

Man, oh man! I have been waiting for an opportunity like this for a long time, unfortunately work is not allowing me to take this particular week off. I understand it is possible you may have another trip planned later this year, if so, do you have a rough estimate in regards to a possible date ?
Unfortunately my days off have to be planned (way too) long in advance. Also any issues with women coming along ? My wife is an avid/experienced rider that would like to tag along if women are welcomed this time around.

In any case, I hope you guys have a safe and fun trip.

Cheers!

Muregano,

did you get a response about your wife going?

Just to let you and your wife know, I’ve done group rides in MX and have had no problems at all. She should be welcome.

I was reading Richard's MexTrek book and it mentioned that the bike needs to be registered / titled in the person's name, and that you can only take one bike across in your name (aka - can't loan a bike to a buddy). That makes sense since they are trying to prevent you from illegally selling your bike while in Mexico.

How would this work for a husband and wife, each on their own bikes, but registration is just in the husband's name? For example, I plan to ride my KLR650 (registered / titled in my name) and my wife is going to ride her XT250 (also registered / titled in my name). Does anyone know if this is going to be problematic?

I was reading Richard's MexTrek book and it mentioned that the bike needs to be registered / titled in the person's name, and that you can only take one bike across in your name (aka - can't loan a bike to a buddy). That makes sense since they are trying to prevent you from illegally selling your bike while in Mexico.

How would this work for a husband and wife, each on their own bikes, but registration is just in the husband's name? For example, I plan to ride my KLR650 (registered / titled in my name) and my wife is going to ride her XT250 (also registered / titled in my name). Does anyone know if this is going to be problematic?
It's my understanding that when applying for the TVIP a spouse or family member can bring your vehicle into Mexico if they can show proof of marriage to you via a marriage certificate or birth certificate with a shared surname.

That does seem to make the most sense. We will bring our marriage certificate with us. If it doesn't work, we will know for the future and have one of the bikes transferred in her name.

Peter, I just registered and paid finally. I will make it down to the hotel on the 19th, but am not sure if I need to make reservations for accommodations, or if they will be made by someone else.

Link to this post that may have some useful info for the new signups

Finally have a motorcycle that can go on this trip but can't go this time. Really looking forward to joining you next time.

And that's a wrap! Post all your pictures and stories in the report thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back