• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700 twtex thread T7 XTZ700

New rally kit from 4K Parti Speciali.

55074CEC-5EBC-4E02-BE1E-D480C6A5F3BA.jpeg

002035EE-BE09-4A21-B200-4CE756A508A5.jpeg

8AB4A01B-0009-4246-B86B-5C559E18F7FD.jpeg

00F8C8CA-2A64-4E63-AD67-5319D6F11C4F.jpeg

I've been thinking about picking up a T7. I have enjoyed this thread, thanks for all the comments/pics. I see new 2023 units out there, and a few leftover 2022s. Also wonder about this world raid deal. But seems like a regular model with springs and Acerbis tank might be the ticket vs. weight creeping up to 485, that is getting close to Africa Twin standard weight. Anybody feeling itchy to sell their T7, PM me. I'm trying to be smart about my stupidity.

I've been thinking about picking up a T7. I have enjoyed this thread, thanks for all the comments/pics. I see new 2023 units out there, and a few leftover 2022s. Also wonder about this world raid deal. But seems like a regular model with springs and Acerbis tank might be the ticket vs. weight creeping up to 485, that is getting close to Africa Twin standard weight. Anybody feeling itchy to sell their T7, PM me. I'm trying to be smart about my stupidity.

I don't ride my Africa Twin near as much after buying the T7. Once set up for your weight they are awesome.

Also, FYI, last I checked the World Raid model wasn't coming to NA anytime soon

Also, FYI, last I checked the World Raid model wasn't coming to NA anytime soon
I figured that was the case, had a hard time reading anything definitive on it. Took forever for the T7 to come here in the first place.

Yall see this?

Yall see this?

Yup, no word on if they will be be sold in the US. I am very happy with mine with a reworked suspension and Acerbis tank.

I checked my valves last weekend (I'm at 26k). From what I could tell, the easiest (and probably only) way to get to the vales is through the radiator.

20230311_154103.jpg

FYI, there's a small bolt in the bottom pipe coming from the water pump used for draining the coolant. I didn't see this and decorated my garage floor with the beautiful Yamaha blue coolant

6.jpg.d218599a872f3537e2554a1a488a76f3.jpg

My exhaust valves were all pretty tight. As a tip, any engine questions can also be pointed at the mt07/fz07/xsr700 forums, sharing the CP2 engine. There's a lot more info for those bikes

Intake is 0.11 - 0.20mm
Exhaust is 0.24 - 0.30mm

I checked my valves last weekend (I'm at 26k). From what I could tell, the easiest (and probably only) way to get to the vales is through the radiator.

View attachment 343790

FYI, there's a small bolt in the bottom pipe coming from the water pump used for draining the coolant. I didn't see this and decorated my garage floor with the beautiful Yamaha blue coolant

View attachment 343791

My exhaust valves were all pretty tight. As a tip, any engine questions can also be pointed at the mt07/fz07/xsr700 forums, sharing the CP2 engine. There's a lot more info for those bikes

Intake is 0.11 - 0.20mm
Exhaust is 0.24 - 0.30mm
Were they tight enough to be out of spec? Or were they just on the lower end of the range?

Love that shot of the 3 of yall looking into the distance. You sure are abusing that T7, as you should.

World Raid
Dual tanks with Ohlins dampner.
No price tag and I didn't ask.

Attachments

• 20230525_154619.jpg
    20230525_154619.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20230525_154627.jpg
    20230525_154627.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 65
Just in case anybody is looking for a T7, Cycle Shack in Conroe has one. Forgot to look at the sticker but their website shows 10,499. There is also a 2023 Super Tenere ES model on the floor website listed at 16,299.
for those of you looking a deal, this has to be a deal and a half. they have a 2017 ES model for 8,999.
looks to be fully farkled out with Jessie Bags installed. those are 1300 by themselves so this looks like a great deal.
by the way, I have "no dog in this hunt" with CycleShack. I get my Tenere serviced there and have had good luck with them.

More updates:

- I have some touring friends from work that wanted to take a trip to Canada - I had just got done moving to Colorado (spoiler, whoops), but I left my T7 behind to leave from Austin with them. I ended up riding about 4500 miles, up through Minnesota, messing around in Ontario, then down through Niagara Falls and Ohio's "Windy 9". The t7 kept up just fine with the big bikes, although I don't necessarily understand the whole "pound pavement just to rack up as many miles as possible" outlook. To each their own...I just end up with two weeks less of PTO

1689341614092.png

20230601_154637.jpg

20230530_112052.jpg

After I got back from this trip (I put my T7 on a truck for cross-country drive back to Colorado), the bike needed some love. I had several problems I had just been limping around; a fork seal here, broken clutch arm spring there, loose throttle, etc. I added a couple more upgrades that I hoped would help me adapt to the more difficult riding here. Namely, an ABS delete kit and a steering stabilizer.

20230706_172342.jpg

If I'm honest, I don't think this kit is even close to worth the time/money. There are no instructions, so I had to take some guesses on how to hookup the stock line guides to the supplied gromets on the lines. Combined with the CamelADV rear brake level, the rear brake is so ridiculously hard, I don't think I'll keep it this way. And, boy do I suck at bleeding dual calipers up front, so as of yesterday they're soft with a lot of initial grab. Not optimal. Also, I left the front ABS sensor in place thinking that the system wouldn't mind the solenoid being gone, but nope. I get a flat zero MPH (all the time), no odometer change, and a big "err".

20230713_190842.jpg

You can get a module that plugs into the old ABS electronics, but it's another $200+ from various vendors....ugh. Maybe I'll hook up the empty solenoid just to please the ecu.

Aaanyway, ordered an MSC Moto Steering Damper from Camel, it's $100 cheaper than the Scott's and...that was my only reason.
https://camel-adv.com/products/yama...MqjYQEBui8qdaxTCqDKhNZtJ2khHjTgBoCcCcQAvD_BwE

20230708_101420.jpg

I don't remember who told me this, but I always assumed that you wouldn't really "feel" a steering damper while riding normally. This one, on the medium setting, I thought I had a flat tire the first time riding out. I'm excited to try it on all the rocky passes out here. Until then, hope this helps

20230713_183805.jpg

With the Scotts on my dirt bike and current settings it is not noticeable, but when you hit embedded stuff or bars hit trees you notice it. It’s saved me many times. Pricey but better than more cracked ribs. I’ll get one for the T7 one of these days

Back