• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Area Urban Dual Sport Rides

Colony Loop Dr area is a nice playground. Shhhhh!
Last time I was there, I kinda got the impression that the west side was more uppity than the east entrance to the area, and that they might possibly be more likely to make a fuss. In order to keep it a secret, I’d suggest entering on the east side. Just my .02$

Access 51 behind the hotel. Neighborhood east of the rec center is your best shot for Loyola. Residents on that side seem less likely to be perturbed by a dual sport bike putzing around back there. STAY AWAY FROM THE WALKING TRAIL. No need to create bad blood.
yes, please stay away from the walking trails. This is in my neighborhood, and where I walk my dog every day, and a couple times in the last few months have had people on enduros tearing down walking paths.

So....... Climb up Yosemite or through Cirith Ungol?

Attachments

• b01 - 2.jpeg
    b01 - 2.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 201
  • b01 - 1.jpeg
    b01 - 1.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 200
I may be in Austin next weekend and would love to do some urban exploring.

Howdy,

Does anyone want to ride this weekend?

I am familiar with some east side spots, Lago Vista, and Bastrop if anyone would like to go or be shown. I can do either Saturday or Sunday.

Latest outing videos here https://photos.app.goo.gl/hoH1fk97HSawZnK29

LMK, yo.
thats good stuff! where is that area? by Bastrop? i have a big fat old GS1200 but most of that stuff looks like it would be no problem for me.

Here's what I posted in AUSTIN: North Austin Area Rides
"Old Manor Rd to just on the north side of 290, east of Springdale. No signs or closed gates. LOTS of trash and branches to navigate but still kinda fun for 30-45 minutes."
(What's the difference between THIS thread and that one? They seem to cover similar info)

Also, Conner Lane. Again, no signs or closed gates. Lots of tires and shopping carts to navigate around. There's a "creek" to cross, but I didn't so I don't know what's on the other side. I'd love to ride east side or Bastrop with someone on a Wed or Fri morning OR a M/T/Th/Sat/Sun after 1.

What time will you be out? I’d love to meet up for an East side tour, but I work til 1.

Howdy @Rhodes54 ,

We are heading out to Bastrop @ 10 am.

Text me after work if you wanna meet up.

IDK where we’ll be, but I will respond.

512-413-2570
Sorry I missed y'all this time. I have a weird work schedule. It's only 17 hours a week but the trade off is I have to work Saturday and Sunday mornings. I've notifications for this thread so I'll keep trying.

Back