• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Seat Modifications for decent price

Reaction score
I did this to my ATAS because I had to fight with my a.. after 3 hours riding so did check into custom seats but appeared to expensive to me I made a YouTube video if anyone has issues like this I would recommend to try gel pad into the seat.

Interesting

how much difference did the new seat cover make?
In combination with the gel pad it made a big difference 6 hours riding is easy now and did also about 10 hours a couple of times that was unthinkable before. I know some people have no issues at all with long riding times but for me after 2 plus hours it became less relaxed. For me this worked out really well on the end.

Looks good, but substantially taller. My short legs wouldn't tolerate that! I did a seat concepts foam and cover on my seat to keep the height down. It's better, but not amazing. I've done put a sheepskin on it too and that seems to help, but I've not been in a long ride since.

Looks good, but substantially taller. My short legs wouldn't tolerate that! I did a seat concepts foam and cover on my seat to keep the height down. It's better, but not amazing. I've done put a sheepskin on it too and that seems to help, but I've not been in a long ride since.

Yes the tall part is not an issue for me in fact that bike came with a lower aftermarket seat I did use that seat to try out the idea with gel pad. It's not my idea but I did see it on YouTube and other people did report positive about it so I did try this on the lower seat I did not need first.
The Sheep skin I also have but thanks to this I don't need it anymore 😁

I had a custom seat made twice , made the bike an absolute pleasure to ride both times like buying a quality helmet , you got a cheap head or not . My butts worth it to me , ready made aftermarket’s we’re barely an improvement over stock that in most cases suck except my Dago bikes , the stock seat is better than aftermarket .

I had a custom seat made twice , made the bike an absolute pleasure to ride both times like buying a quality helmet , you got a cheap head or not . My butts worth it to me , ready made aftermarket’s we’re barely an improvement over stock that in most cases suck except my Dago bikes , the stock seat is better than aftermarket .

“Dago”? That’s a slur isn’t it?

I don’t think so , I know several people that are rather proud of their heritage . I can’t claim it but there’s a whole lot about it I like .

Back