• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 Pie Run Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I just found the pie run. Can someone explain how this works? It sounds like a fun idea. I do not really see any up in the DFW area.

Each month is a different place. Clostest one to DFW was in Ponder last year (near Justin/Denton). But it is just an excuse to go ride somewhere, find some new roads, meet new folks, and EAT. There will be some closer ones than Huntsville - Lake Fork, Ponder, Hico, Edom, but you need to be adventuresome (also you need to come meet some Tarrant County folks on Tuesday nights... :trust: )

Does that make any sense?

lets get the thread for the next pie run up! im going! [itll be my first]

I'm really hoping I make it

any katy / west houston folks wanna meet up for some breakfast and head up?

well, im kind of close to houston, we could probably meet up outside of it (down 45 somewhere?)

I'm really hoping I make it

any katy / west houston folks wanna meet up for some breakfast and head up?
Sounds good to me. Where you want to meet? Let's NOT do Texas Traditions again...

Of course, this is gonna be a short run compared to last month's 500 miler to Edom. Not sure the 'Busa will know how to handle such a short distance. Guess I'll just have to leave her in first. :cool2:

Sounds good to me. Where you want to meet? Let's NOT do Texas Traditions again...

Of course, this is gonna be a short run compared to last month's 500 miler to Edom. Not sure the 'Busa will know how to handle such a short distance. Guess I'll just have to leave her in first. :cool2:

we could make the trip longer if we wanted:rider:
why not texas traditions? was it no good, or didi you each too much?
I've never eaten their breakfast, but I like them for lunch

I was think something simple like whataburger or maybe los altos de jaliscos for some breakfast tacos

You guys could meet me in Tomball @ FM 2920 and FM 2978 (at the Shell Station) for a run up 2978 to Honea-Egypt through the SH Nat'l Forest and on up to Huntsville if you like.

It will be a fairly slow pace.

im down for a slow pace, and as a friend once said, "SLOW:15mph doesnt mean FUN:60mph"

yeahhhhh buddy

let me rephrase this What time and Where?

All will become clear as the appointed date approaches. First folks need to rattle around to see who can go then they will kick around how long it will take and then they figure out a good starting place with vittles. The Katy bunch will probably start to flesh out Wednesday evening at the Empanada place, maybe.:rider: :sun:

Potential new Pie Run location?

The Mansion dropping formalities

02:27 PM CDT on Tuesday, June 5, 2007
By SUZANNE MARTA / Staff Writer

Better sit down for this one.

The Mansion on Turtle Creek – home of Dallas' grand dame of fine cuisine – is undergoing a major overhaul. When the work is completed this fall, the restaurant will be sans tablecloths, and jeans will be welcome – even without jackets – in the main dining room.

That's right: Except for the 22-seat chef's tasting room, there won't be a dress code. And in the main dining room, the wooden tables will be bare.

These jaw-dropping changes at the Lone Star State's only five-star, five-diamond hotel and five-diamond restaurant are part of a $20 million renovation as the Mansion gears up for a fierce battle for Dallas' affluent diners.

The goal? Maintain the Mansion's historic elegance, but reposition the restaurant as a place for any occasion, not just wedding anniversaries and other special events.

"To many people, the Mansion became unapproachable and a little stuffy," said Robert Boulogne, chief operating officer of the Mansion's parent, Dallas-based Rosewood Hotels. "That's the element we have to address."

I think ol' Bobby's talking about hosting a TWT pie run! Hey, with our group, jackets aren't a problem anyway. Didn't say anything about helmets, though.:eat:

if you really feel compaelled to pay dues I'll take them
or you could always support the forum

Understood. I was asking about "Club" dues and such..

No there are no manditory dues. No charges for Pie Runs. Rides where there are charges; charges will be clearly labled ussually on the first post.

Scott, Tourmeister, will gladly accept donations that go to keeping the website alive.

Most rides we just coordinate on the board, meet somewhere, and ride.

Hope to see you around.

Looking forward to the Hutto pie run in October. My daugter and son-inlaw will be there with myself. Believe it or not they live in Hutto...

Another potential pie run "place" could be Naeglins bakery in New Braunfels... good roads near by also.

phil

Looking forward to the Hutto pie run in October. My daugter and son-inlaw will be there with myself. Believe it or not they live in Hutto...

Another potential pie run "place" could be Naeglins bakery in New Braunfels... good roads near by also.

phil

Sounds like you're volunteering for a pie scouting mission! There's a link at the beginning of this thread that points to Pie Scouting Reports. As part of that, we need to know seating capacity, quality of the food, parking capacity, and if the management is open to the visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back