• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DRAG WARS!! DFW Twtexers get down and dirty on the strip.

smilie_burnout.gif

Yeah yeah, but ahem... who had low et of our pack? :trust:
Apes for the win!

You were just lucky my narcolepsey decided to flare up when I was runnin' ya..:lol2:

next time grasshoppa, next time..:mrgreen:

Seriously, you were doing very well and a few more runs under your belt and I bet you eclipse my best time.

Domo arigato, sensei. Now go get this, and I will get this. You'd whip my tail, but that old Kwakker would be fun. :dude:

the busa rocks need to lose the bottle though and slap on a 60mm or so turbo.. yeah that would do it... :) you may need a 76mm...:rider:

one of the coolest bike out there last night (besides all of yalls) was the ZX-10. i know he was not with us but for someone that it is there first street bike he did a great job riding it out and the power of that thing... unreal!!!!

one of the coolest bike out there last night (besides all of yalls) was the ZX-10. i know he was not with us but for someone that it is there first street bike he did a great job riding it out and the power of that thing... unreal!!!!
I so thought the guy on the ZX-10R was going to loop his bike out on his first run....that was a scary wheelie!!

I thought the Katana that was hauling butt was awesome and I would have liked that green ZX-12R, but the spinners were HORRIBLE :thumbd: :puke:

There were plenty of people out there though that made me do this...:roll:

Nitrous is cool...
Literally......

Until the fuel solinoid sticks shut when you hit it one time...

A better aluminum blowtorch is never made. goodbye Mr. piston, been nice knowin ye.

That and good old earl.

Dead dinos and that stuff don't mix too well either.

Yup ZX-10 guy was doing a very good job with his brand new ride.

Here's some of what I got. Sorry that I didn't get everyone that was there. I either missed you going down the track, or the shots I took came out too blurry to post. What can I say, I don't think profesional photographer is in my future. Crash tester..... maybe...:trust:

image020.jpg

image022.jpg

image023.jpg

image021.jpg

image015.jpg

image016.jpg

image014.jpg

image013.jpg

image010.jpg

image007.jpg

image006.jpg

image005.jpg

image004.jpg

image003.jpg

image002.jpg

Oops, how can I forget this one?!?!?! It's the most important shot of the day.

It's the Pacman Clan family day at the drag strip!!! That's one heck of a family day if you ask me!
image017-1.jpg

Here's our contribution.

The guy next to me is Gary....he was rocking the white 92 vette. He said he had a blast and really enjoyed meeting y'all and watching and running. He threatened to bring out either his Electra-Glide or his 100" motored home-built chopper to run next time.
HPIM1625.jpg

The prillers were representing the mean streets of Noale, Italy.
HPIM1626.jpg

HPIM1627.jpg

Wayne setting up a duel.
HPIM1628.jpg

HPIM1629.jpg

HPIM1630.jpg

Mark(igo-wfo) rockin the Italian Banana suit and yakkin' it up with Jeffro(outlaw king) about their glory days in drag racing.
HPIM1631.jpg

HPIM1634.jpg

HPIM1635.jpg

HPIM1636.jpg

HPIM1637.jpg

HPIM1638.jpg

More:

HPIM1639.jpg

My co-worker David's Superchicken. He's hooked and can't wait to do this again.
HPIM1640.jpg

David's the one with the girly hair talking to Mark and Jeffro :rofl:
HPIM1641.jpg

HPIM1642.jpg

HPIM1644.jpg

HPIM1645.jpg

HPIM1646.jpg

David ecstatic at having survived his near-loop experience.
HPIM1659.jpg

DRAG COWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HPIM1643.jpg

Lining up
HPIM1647.jpg

HPIM1648.jpg

Anniversary Gixxer:
HPIM1650.jpg

This Katana was flippin' fast, yo.
HPIM1649.jpg

Random other folks
HPIM1651.jpg

HPIM1652.jpg

HPIM1653.jpg

HPIM1654.jpg

HPIM1655.jpg

HPIM1656.jpg

HPIM1657.jpg

Stealth Chicken
HPIM1658.jpg

TWT Squids, yo. For shame Nathan and Mark.:haha:
HPIM1660.jpg

HPIM1662.jpg

There were plenty of people out there though that made me do this...:roll:
Okay... so I wasn't there (family duty) and it sounds like everyone had a great time but I gotta ask - what would prompt this comment???

Please elaborate a bit.

FWIW - I would be very interested in attending the next one if possible. That is if you'll allow East Texans to hang out with y'all. :trust:

Okay... so I wasn't there (family duty) and it sounds like everyone had a great time but I gotta ask - what would prompt this comment???

Please elaborate a bit.

FWIW - I would be very interested in attending the next one if possible. That is if you'll allow East Texans to hang out with y'all. :trust:

Just a handful of punk looking kids...you could tell they were squidly and thought they were hot stuff. I couldn't believe some were racing in tennis shoes with ankle socks....I guess the whole being young and feeling invincible thing was alive and well with them.

Over all though it was a great time, we outnumbered them and I think there was so much laughing and grinning, nothing could have ruined our good time. :mrgreen:

How do you know the group you are with is having fun at the drag strip?
When the Goldwing is running down the strip blasting the stereo and the Sportster starts a burnout that just won't quit.

For those of you that missed out, trust me when I say that you HAVE to make it out to the next one. I can't wait until I have another scoot so I can participate.

Next time I'm definitely going to mount one of my older rear tires so I can light it up and not feel like money is flying out of my pocket. Last night I was running an almost new Pilot Power so no burn outs for me. I sure would have loved to light it up though. :mrgreen:

Next time I'm definitely going to mount one of my older rear tires so I can light it up and not feel like money is flying out of my pocket. Last night I was running an almost new Pilot Power so no burn outs for me. I sure would have loved to light it up though. :mrgreen:

You had some really good runs last night. That Falco was pulling some healthy mph.

Ryan, your HID light looks like the warp drive off the Enterprise in those pics.

Major Brite!

That thing must be throwin off some major near IR energy to completely wash out the sensors on the digicams. I wonder if you make the cop's laser squint and go "EWWWW that hurts" when the zap you..

banditryder, come on over. I'm thinking I want to have another event like this in the fall when the temps start to drop in the evening a little more. I was sweating like a pig last night, and it wasn't even that hot. :giveup:

How do you know the group you are with is having fun at the drag strip?
When the Goldwing is running down the strip blasting the stereo and the Sportster starts a burnout that just won't quit.

For those of you that missed out, trust me when I say that you HAVE to make it out to the next one. I can't wait until I have another scoot so I can participate.

Absolutely! This is definitely happening again!

You had some really good runs last night. That Falco was pulling some healthy mph.

I think he was the only one to crack the ton, correct? Way to go Ryan!

Hey Bill, did any of your vid clips turn out?

OK, the rest of my shots follow.

I knew I had gotten Chris (bikerider) is some shots, here he is matched up with Ryan (l8rg8r). Ryan (top), Chris (bottom)
ryan_chris_3046q.jpg

ryan_chris_3048q.jpg

ryan_chris_3054q.jpg

Same race, Ryan passes the Christmas Tree
ryan_tree_3051q.jpg

The advantage of showing up early - pretty much get in line and race at will
early_2958q.jpg

Wayne and Ryan are photograhed by Bill
photo_op_2961q.jpg

A stray shot of Mark (igo-wfo) - the rest were blurry
mark_3024q.jpg

And a couple singles of Wayne (pacman1):
wayne_2963q.jpg

wayne_2964q.jpg

So.... whaddayathink? Good match? :lol2:
uneven_3068q.jpg

My last shot of the night since it was starting to get dark.
This ZX-14 was haulin'...
zx14_hauling_3157q.jpg

I found another sequence of a Mark-Wayne matchup (actually earlier than the other one).

wayne_mark_3071q.jpg

wayne_mark_3072q.jpg

Looks even to me!
wayne_mark_even_3073q.jpg

Passing the tree...
wayne_mark_tree_3074q.jpg

Mark pulls the wheel up
wayne_mark_wheelup_3075q.jpg

Too close to call - looks like Wayne is a smidge ahead
wayne_mark_3077q.jpg

This is what you see at the end - elapsed time on top, "trap" speed on the bottom. Purdy good race!
wayne_mark_finish_3080q.jpg

Back