• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Unusual/rare motorcycles you'd like to have.

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Collins
Curious to see what the collective mind of TWT can come up with on this one. Here's how the game is played. Name an unusual/uncommon/rare/or just outright strange motorcycle that you'd like to own and try to give an interesting fact about it/or a reason you'd like to own it.

I'll get the ball rolling with a Mondial Piega 1000. The bike was originally to be powered by a TL1000R engine, but Suzuki backed out of the deal literally weeks before the bikes debut in Milan. Mondial's helping hand lended to Honda decades before came back to Karmically reward them when Honda not only granted them the use of an SP-1 VTR(RC-51) engine for the prototype but agreed to supply engines for the entire production run.
Link to specs:
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/mondial/mondial_piega_1000.htm

Mondial%20Piega%2003%20%206.jpg

PIEGA_.jpg

BTW, this site is a great resource for spec hunting. The bike manufacturers are listed on the menu on the left hand side of the page. Happy hunting. :rider:

I would still like to have a Suzuki RE-5 rotary bike, something about the one that we had at the Lotus dealership. It was a neat old bike.
re5.jpg

For a newer model, a Moto Guzzi MGS-01 Corsa
2003-Moto_Guzzi-MGS01_CB.jpg

cx650.jpg
650turbo.jpg

1983_Honda_CX_650_T-1-min.JPG

Honda 650 Turbo. The first one I saw blew me away. The finish was incredible, and it looked like it was from the future...

This one came close...I can image a coast to coast run on one of these. The Prolink CBX.
19412_0_1_2_cbx pro link_Image credits - Yvon Lamarche.jpg

And this isn't really rare, and there's only 14,000 or reasons from keeping from having it, but I get weak every time I see one...
bmw_r1200s.jpg

Last edited:
Honda 650 Turbo. The first one I saw blew me away. The finish was incredible, and it looked like it was from the future...

A member of another forum I read had gone to Barber last weekend for the GrandAm race. He posted the following picture.

Me, circa 1990ish on my roommates '78 Z1R. This bike was instrumental in infecting me with a lifelong Kawasaki sickness. Someday I'll buy one.
Z1R002.jpg

Japan-only ZRX400R
OhlinsBlue4.jpg

Ohlins-Blue-ZXR7.jpg

Ohlins-Blue-ZXR.jpg

It's a bit cliche', but I would love to run one of these around the track...

Britten_350.jpg

I've always been smitten by this machine as well. H-D's failure at SBK is still a raging success as a piece of lust-worthy moto-art.
Harley%20Davidson%20VR1000.jpg

Who wouldn't want a Wakan?
Wakan%201640.jpg

Or maybe an Ghezzi Brian Furia Otto
Ghezzi%20Brain%20Furia%20OTTO.jpg

Ghezzi%20Brain%20Furia%20OTTO%20%201.jpg

Ghezzi%20Brain%20Furia%20OTTO%20%202.jpg

Some good choices up here already. It's safe to say that all the bikes that everyone has listed so far are on my moto-lust list.:rider: :trust:

Nothing rare or unusual about it, just the first sport bike I ever owned, but made a very lasting impression on me. If I find the right one for the right price I'll probably snap it up. Never been one for exotic's or pure eye candy.

18256_0_1_2_gpz%20550_Image%20credits%20-%20Su%20Walenta%20Hunt.jpg

KTM 990 RC8 Venom prototype...b/c no one else would have one and it's a KTM crotch rocket.
ktm_990_rc8_venom_prototype.htm

A KTM 950 Rally bike...enough said.
ktm_950_rally.htm

For myself....too many! but this one keeps calling out to me

Attachments

• RZ500.jpg
    RZ500.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 205
Good call on the Confederate Wraith.
Confederate%20B91%20Wraith.jpg

I still think it would be a tough call between the Confederate Wraith and the Confederate F131 Hellcat.
Confederate%20F131%20Hellcat.jpg

Back