• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Autumn Rally, Mountain Home, Ar., Nov 1-4th, 2007

So if the Connie is a no go, can you take the FZ6?

Roger came up, dropped off his bike so we can load it Wed night, and then he and his son helped me move a few thousand pounds of sacrete off the trailer :eek2:

Ndmiller is coming up Wed evening to get the bikes loaded. Roger is coming back up Thurs morning and then we hit the road at 7:00am. We should be in Mountain Home by 5:00pm-ish.

Got my heated vest wired up on the Weestrom :mrgreen: Still need to get the GPS wired in though. I'll send out the routes to those that want them (GPX format).

Tweaking (adjusting tire pressures for cooler weather) and packing up the bike tomorrow night. I'm planning to exit work around 3pm, home about 4pm, trick or treat with the kiddo for an hour or so, so will be up in your neck between 6:30-7:30.

Gravel road is ok for me as long as it's dry, and it should be with no clouds in the middle of the country for the last week.

Noah

List updated.

John, are you coming with us? VFRHugh just informed me he is coming.

I REALLY want to, but am running out of time to take care of responsibilities before we leave on our Thanksgiving trip. (being grown up is such a pain!)

It would be fun to see VFRHugh again.

I guess I won't know till I show up, or not! :doh:

The Mapquest route that says shortest time for me takes me through Sherman north into Oklahoma.

I got the battery in the Connie and it runs great. Now if everything else would fall into place. I may have family obligations that will keep me here Thur and Fri. I have off work through Monday and could still do a weekend ride but that would mean no trip to AR. :angryfire
I need to just give up on making plans.....:giveup:
Like you, John, I'll know when I show up, or not!

Buzz? Where are you man? You still planning on coming?

The Mapquest route that says shortest time for me takes me through Sherman north into Oklahoma.

Yah... but you can get to Sherman through Gainsville, or cut across 380 thru Mckinney. That would probably be a few minutes longer.

I'm was wondering if I could ride up with you (assuming we both show up). We could meet up in Sherman, or McKinney if you go that way.

Same here. Now it's not looking so good for me - too many things to get done before Thanksgiving...

No leaving town for me now. The Connie is packed, all dressed up and nowhere to go. :tears:

Dangit, after this I'm gonna plan a heck of a make-up ride.....

Sorry to hear it. I know how you feel, except this weekend coming up is my make-up weekend for missing my big trip to AL. :zen:

Buzz? Where are you man? You still planning on coming?

Scott,
I'm still a "maybe". I'm thinking about riding up into Tennessee Thursday PM and camping; and then maybe heading over to catch you on the southern leg of the Friday ride (or head for the Best Western if you are in MO). The weather looks great:sun: ; and the trees might actually be changing - the dry Summer has really made it late this year. Pat and I were on the Tenn/Ky border Saturday and the leaves had not turned.

Glad to see Hugh is going. I've missed seeing a yellow streak pass me in a corner:eek2: . Hope he's bringing his better half.

I'll keep lurking:trust:

Last edited:
Buzz,
Beth isn’t coming on this trip and I finally realized that if I didn’t go on I’d probably not ride the yellow bike till spring. Other than a track day about a year ago I haven’t ridden the VFR since the September 06 Arkansas ride.
Hope to see you there,
Hugh:rider:

Just got back on Monday from the Ozark Dualsport ride and color is just starting around Clarksville, we found some good color at higher elevations like White Rock and Mount Magazine. It also was a little better when we rode farther north. Mountain Home may be good by the time ya'll get there. Have fun and ride safe.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257788&page=21

Donnie

Hey Scott check out this 96 KLX 650 I found in Tulsa, picked it up on the way home from Clarksville.

Hey Scott ,
Sorry for the late notice , add me to the list. paypal sent. see you sometime Thursday night.

Bill:rider:

Buzz,
(snip)
Other than a track day about a year ago I haven’t ridden the VFR since the September 06 Arkansas ride.
(snip)

Hugh, surely you mean no LONG rides! That long without a VFR ride is unhealthy!!
:mrgreen:

John

Back