• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is the most exotic bike you have ever ridden?

The 79 CBX I bought used in 1980 when I was working at Honda of Lubbock. In it's day, every, and I mean every, head turned.

The 79 CBX I bought used in 1980 when I was working at Honda of Lubbock. In it's day, every, and I mean every, head turned.

There's a guy here with a little collection of odd bikes, mostly performance style bikes, has one with a turbo on it. I haven't seen it in years, but I think he still has it.

The #1 exotic..? Britten ;)

I never got to ride one, but I did actually touch one at the national cycle show in Holland in Y2K.

240967163-M.gif

'59 or '60 Excelsior 250

Yamaha 80 with a "Git Kit". Stupid thing high-sided me!

'58 Cushman Road King. A truly terrifying machine. Would go about 60 mph and had only rear brake.

I had a customer trade in (2) '06 MV Agusta F4 Senna editions. I wheelied one pretty hard, but the ride is so brutal that 10 miles was enough. Besides, who wants to sit on red suede all day? Exotic?...yes, would I ever own one?...NO.

Lets see GPz750 Turbo, Suzuki RE5, almost bought it,,, 500H/P boss hoss fun in a straight line,, But the bike that made the back of my hair stand up.... was
In 1969 I just turned 12 i RODE MY COUSINS Kawasaki 500 Mach III, White with a blue streak,,,, Bad to the bone for the day,,, And I have never been as scared on a bike as that day,,, I can still hear the sound of it..............
Mike

I hate getting old, after reading your guys stuff I remembered two rides on OEM TURBO bikes. One belonged to a buddy which was a 1981 Yamaha Seca 650 Turbo (had a lot of lag that is all I remember) and one was a 1985 ZX750
Turbo Kawasaki that was "crazy fast". I worked for KMC at the time and the bet with the reps was you could not watch the speedo and tell the speed
when the boost "hit" on the guage. By that time you saw the boost on the guage you were accelerating so hard you were just trying to "hold on" let alone look at the speedo. Great ride but who knows about the handling. You were to busy trying to control the "hit" to throw it into the corner and see what it did there. The factory TURBO bikes were just nuts, a real 80's thing.

Late to the game, but here are my contributions.

Bikes I've owned:
2008 Ducati 1098s
1C.jpg

2007 MV Agusta F4 312R Corse (1 of only 300 in the world)
2007 F4 Corse - 1EE.jpg

Bike I've Ridden:
2009 Ducati 1098r Bayliss (1 of only 500 in the world)
Bayliss - 1LL.jpg

2008 Ducati Desmosedici D16RR (1 of 1500 in the world)

Bikes I've seen:
2009 MV Agusta F4 312RR 1078 Batman Bike (1 of only 2 in the world)
Batman - 1A.jpg

Bike I want to ride:
MotoCzysz C1
C1 - 1C.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last weekend, my local Suzuki/Honda dealer, who is now going to be selling Triumphs; had a demo ride last weekend. I rode the 2010 Scramblet and the Tiger 1050.

hmmm I guess it qualifies from the rare and historic point.
I owned and road a honda MB-5, Hondas first two stroke street bike, first perimiter frame. only sold them here one year and they can be very hard to find.

1982MB5honda.jpg

my current ride is a Japanese ducatti monster. the naked Suzuki SV1000N Suzuki only sold them here one year, and while I have seen a couple, I don't see myself coming and going. they didn't send very many over here.

Maybe not exotic but rare none the less:

1965 (I think) Ducati Diana Mark III in road race trim. Made a few laps at Green Valley Raceway. Fun bike to ride and pretty fast for a 250.

196? Yamaha TD1B road race bike. Made two laps at Green Valley.

This was way back in the 60's and I'll never forget it. I was out there with one of my friends that knew the track manager and there was no one else around, so he let us play around a little. All I can remember is that the power band on the Yammie was so narrow it was near impossible to ride, that is why I only made two laps. I was afraid of the darn thing.

Wayne

I owned a 100% original (except for tires) 1979 CBX 1000
full throttle in top gear near red line was not for amateurs.
My neighbor has a MV Augusta carbon fiber F4 Tamborinne.
I would never ask him to test drive his $65K masterpiece!!

Victory Vision

Wow..if that's true, then I am doing this one on my daily commute today...

Anyway, I owned an '82 Honda CBX, that was kind of interesting. Wish that they hadn't tuned down that engine from '79, but it had guts. Ate thru batteries to get it started though.

Rode a Velosolex...does that count? Does anybody even know what it is?

surrender.gif

SEYA

RB

Back