• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Boyd Coddington

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080228/ap_on_en_tv/obit_coddington

Car-Building Legend Boyd Coddington Dies
By JEFF WILSON, Associated Press Writer

Thursday, February 28, 2008
(02-28) 18:05 PST Los Angeles (AP) --

Car-building legend Boyd Coddington, whose testosterone-injected cable TV reality show "American Hot Rod" introduced the nation to the West Coast hot rod guru, has died. He was 63.

Coddington died at Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital in suburban Whittier at 6:20 a.m. Wednesday. His La Habra office spokeswoman Amanda Curry wouldn't disclose the cause of death.

Coddington, who started building cars when he was 13 and once operated a gas station in Utah, set a standard for his workmanship and creativity, with his popular "Cadzilla" creation considered a design masterpiece. The customized car based on a 1950s Cadillac was built for rocker Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top.

63 is a lot younger than it was a few years ago!

Rest in peace, Boyd.

Lee

He might have lived longer had he not been such donkeyhole. Watched a couple of episodes of him show, and was not impressed.

He might have lived longer had he not been such donkeyhole. Watched a couple of episodes of him show, and was not impressed.

RIP. He created some great rods, but he was a jerk on the show. I'm just hoping it was acting.

Has anyone figured out Cause of Death?

I hate to hear about his passing, but I quit watching the show when I saw them take a barn fresh unmodified 59 Chevy and proceed to chop it into some abomination that could have been made from an old rustbucket. It is a tragedy, IMO, that people chop up old originals that could be easily restored.

Maybe I'm just sensitive since a 59 Chevy was my first car.

No. I bought it from my grandmother for $500 in 1969. It was 10 years old and had less than 20,000 miles on it. She was the classic little old lady who only drove it to church and the grocery store (and she lived 1 block from the store and 4 blocks from church). It was absolutely like new.

The three vehicles I really regret selling are the 59 Chevy, my Cushman scooter (my first "bike") and my Honda CL360 Scrambler.

i always thought he was a jerk.ofcourse some of the people working for him were not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Back