• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Louisiana Dualsport Ride

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
DO NOT ride in Louisiana....
IMG_0018.jpg

The mud makes your bike tired....
IMG_0012.jpg

The weather can be nasty...
IMG_0014.jpg

The sunsets can suck...
IMG_0021-1.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

The weather is freezing...
IMG_0025.jpg

Gas is hard to find...
IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Rivers swallow KLRS...
IMG_0034.jpg

Rocks are slimy...
IMG_0043.jpg

The food is horrible...
IMG_0053.jpg

Restaurants are uninteresting...
IMG_0067.jpg

You will be converted...
IMG_0069.jpg

And that's just day one....

No fun at all, eh?

I just got home. Whew! that was an adventure. I'll be cleaning Louisiana soil out of my *$# for another 6 weeks! :eek2:

To be honest the last 2 days were a ton of fun...many triumphs, a few lows (Raul, get you a DIRT bike!). All in all, I would do it again...hopefully I'll have some luggage space. Yall that didnt make it really missed out on an exciting trip. I think we logged in around 130 miles offroad this weekend...muddy, grueling roads...but fun nevertheless. Tons of pictures were taken along with some videos(a few of which I hope stay off the forums!). I'm sure they'll be posted up soon enough. The weather was great, though Sat. morning started at a frigid 30*. Clear skies and no rain. Thanks Scott for all your work putting a trip like this together and it was great meeting yall that came

Great ride. The weather was good, except for the early morning cold. The company was very good and Scott dit a great job guiding us.

The Wee did a pretty good job except for the hard core portion of passing a ditch (that was not DS, that was MX) I should have know better. The cluth gave up and I had to lip my way back. Getting that big Pig out of the ditch was a great team work :thumb:

Luckilly DrZ gave me a ride home that saved me form having to rent a U-haul.

The few pictures I took are comming soon.

Great ride. The weather was good, except for the early morning cold. The company was very good and Scott dit a great job guiding us.

The Wee did a pretty good job except for the hard core portion of passing a ditch (that was not DS, that was MX) I should have know better. The cluth gave up and I had to lip my way back. Getting that big Pig out of teh ditch was a great tema work :thumb:

Luckilly DrZ gave me a ride home that saved me form having to rent a U-haul.

The few pictures I took are comming soon.

So the rest of your trip after this morning was uneventful? Sorry if I was snoring last night, my nose is clogged up and I feel like crap...think I'm getting sick---must be from the wet clothes Sat.!

Home. Man, that was fun!
I have a pair of leather pants (?) and Raul's Givi case that were left in my truck.

Oh, and that nap on the ride home was sooooo nice :nana:

my nose is clogged up and I feel like crap...think I'm getting sick---.!

I know that feeling!

Cant wait for the ride tales to come in from you guys. I take it that everyone stayed relatively in 1 piece and Dr. Blackbird did not have to put his training to use?;-)

The good news: the helmet camera gets fairly good quality video with all the sunlight we had this weekend. Pretty clear images considering it's low price.

The bad news...
Somehow my pre-ride testing of the camera angle was either abbreviated or overlooked (never used it on the dirt helmet before) and all of the video is at this angle:

Yeah. All five hours of it. :argh:

Looks like they're dragging it out to the woods to shoot it...

p3080065sxk8.jpg

Those "Dirty Riders" that have been following this ride/thread....Stay tuned to see some great pictures, and hear about a "GREAT RIDE"......We are all too tired to post anything of substance tonight...........
All I will say about this area of Louisiana, and the ride that Scott (Terraxpeditions) put on is,....."WOW"
PS:..Becca, aren't you glad I sent over to your table "Friar Tuck"........The look on Scotts face is priceless.....We can't imagine what he is saying to you

:giveup: I'm sorry. I will not ever beg for photos again. :rofl:

now, put down the fork and post up some pics (please) :hail: :popcorn:

Have I mentioned how BEAUTIFUL a weekend it was!

Looking back:

pano3ez3.jpg

And looking ahead from the same spot:

pano2tj5.jpg

Back