• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Louisiana Dualsport Ride

On the road again...

264039875_HFa9L-O.jpg

Typical. Good thing there are no mug shots of you hooligans blatantly riding past the no bikes sign huh?

I am still wating to see if anybody got a picture of that dicth. The river crossing just posted is nothing compared to that.

You mean the ditch in the trees? I think I got that one on video with the helmet cam, but it's pointed down in front of me - which in that ONE instance might work out in our favor.

That one scared me too. There just wasn't a good line through it.

Typical. Good thing there are no mug shots of you hooligans blatantly riding past the no bikes sign huh?

That's "No Quads". There are trails that cross the road, they're 'reminding' the quad riders to stay off the public streets. ;-)

Two things that I noticed......

One - Raul, get a new fricken bike for the Dual Sport rides.

Two - How come I haven't seen any pics or vids at all of Squeaker going through the rough stuff? Just wondering... LOL

You mean the ditch in the trees? I think I got that one on video with the helmet cam, but it's pointed down in front of me - which in that ONE instance might work out in our favor.

I mean the "river crossing" where I burned the clutch. The single track descent was fun. The steps were a little bit scary but not that bad.

How come I haven't seen any pics or vids at all of Squeaker going through the rough stuff? Just wondering... LOL
Cuz SqueakY was in the back!

I was going through it. How else could I take pics like this?

264042348_XiNjS-O.jpg

Last edited:
But if you think the road is too muddy, just ride through the grass!

264042248_2EVEn-O.jpg

NOT!

264042225_fsJMt-O.jpg

Same crossing, different day...
th_CreekCrossing.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

Oh, and Bill - I did all of this stuff on Day 1 with my bike running like crud. It was idling Ok, but when you got on the throttle it would surge then almost die. It was worse at lower revs, so I had to stay low in the gears and run the engine up to nurse it through the day. NOT fun in sand and mud when you need and want even throttle response.

When we got back to Scott's place, we (I tried to tell them I could do it but there were lots of helping hands in the mix) pulled the carb and although it looked almost spotless, I cleaned it out and put it back in. Running great again. Must have been something in there, although we never did see/find it.

Just messin with ya. Seven pages already and it's not even 24 hours after the ride finished! :lol2:

Back