• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run III-Ingleside

Reaction score
Made it back OK, had fun meeting and talking with all I could, sorry if I didn't get to meet everyone. Ride back was a little breezy, now off to work...

I'll check back later...oh and thanks Steve (Seahog) and Jack (Jack Giesecke) for letting us tag along, can't wait for the next one that we can make...

Zed

Squeaky biffed on the beach, no camera available, Dukes final drive imploded again, but everyone else is having a good time. :mrgreen:

2008 Pie Run III - Floyd's in Ingleside

I haven't put together the official total, but about 35-40 riders from Fort Worth, Waco, Austin, Houston, Laredo, and even Port Lavaca came together for eats, gabbing, gawking, and pie!

Since we are motelling only 1/8 mile away, I almost got back to the internet first 8^) , just not quite home yet. Some folks are staying over and plan to enjoy some sights.

Stories and pictures to follow...

:rider: :eat: :rider:

Last edited:
Re: 2008 Pie Run III - Floyd's in Ingleside

Can't wait for the pics, we had fun...hope Susan is feeling better...

Thanks, Zed. It was good to meet you. Ya'll made it back pretty quickly!

I am about to go run errands & one of the things is a mouse - the stylus and touch pad on my wife's laptop is driving me crazy! :angryfire

Well, I'm full...:lol2: Steve was in a rush, they're headed up country and he wanted to get out of dodge I guess. Nice ride for an afternoon. I thought we'd get a little rain, maybe, but only a few sprinkles. I don't get out on the bike that often anymore, so it was a welcome break from the shop and things. Ran off without my tire repair kit, so I'm glad I didn't find any nails. :lol2:

Mmmm, I think I'm beginning to understand the beauty of chain drive motorcycles...:duck:

Did he go up in flames again? :lol2:

Not yet....

DSCN0132.jpg

GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ

And I just got through bragging at lunch, how other than my first flaming episode, the bike has been trouble free. Lets see Final drive ignites at 11,000 miles. Now I think my tranny seal let go at 29,000.

Guess I was just not meant to ride the bike, after all, next week she will be two years old.

And to top it off. And I know you will not believe me, but I can not make this stuff up!

I PAID IT OFF LAST NIGHT!!!

I am at the same hotel that Kurt and his family are staying in. I have family coming down from Nacogdoches to pick me up and take me back to the woodlands. I have walked to the store(s) and purchased non-riding gear to lounge in and eat dinner in. As well as found me a bottle of adult grape juice and cheese to take back up to my room. After all I am moping around and I have always heard that whine and cheese go together :)

I want to thank Calgary Yogi {Graeme} for volunteering/offering to drive back down with his trailer from Houston tomorrow and get me. I don't know what to say, but thanks. Here is a guy that met me only a couple of times but is willing to drive 500 miles out of his way to help me. I sure do appreciate the offer and sincerly thank you for sticking with me until I got to the hotel and sorted out, but I am good now, enjoy your Sunday!

Last edited:
I thought that was you walking down the street and then I saw your bike parked next to Kurt's. I can see it at the moment and it still hasn't spontaneously combusted out in the parking lot.....yet....

Didn't you have a similar issue after paying a truck off? This just means you should trade them more often....like someone else. Then you never have to pay them off.......

Squeaky biffed on the beach, no camera available, Dukes final drive imploded again, but everyone else is having a good time. :mrgreen:

:popcorn: :coffee:

detail, please...

my photos will have to wait until I get home - this laptop is not setup to handle editing very well... :shrug:

anybody else with photos - post 'em up! :sun:

We were riding along the beach road, her in the middle and me at the end, she hit a patch of sand, decelerated and the front end plowed and tucked. She high sided over the top at about 20 mph and ended up in a heap beside the bike. It took her a few seconds to pop up, but she immediately said she was OK. A few minutes spent righting the bike, assessing the damage (broken signal and pannier mounts) a few field repairs and she was back underway. I didn't have a camera, rats.

She high sided over the top at about 20 mph and ended up in a heap beside the bike.

Yikes! :eek2:

I read that to Susan and she said "she'll be sore tomorrow". However, it is better to go down in sand than chip sealed asphault... :giveup:

Thanks for arranging the pie run Chuck! I talked to the owner of the restaurant briefly and he too is an avid biker.

I had to leave a little early before all of the TWT folks showed up. I did a 500 mile long-route back home. The overcast clouds really helped keep temperatures in the mid-70s.

1262106639_fa767699d3.jpg

Can't wait for the next pie & salad run :)

RB

Thanks for arranging the pie run Chuck!

I had to leave a little early before all of the TWT folks showed up.

What time were you there? STScott, Susan, and I were riding back from Rockport and noticed a bike and rider there (in front) about 11:00 AM. I saw several bikes in back at about 12:00 before I was ready to make my grand arrival.

Actually, I inherited this Pie Run - WC Zimmerman has the 2008 season already setup so I'm just trying not to mess it up. A local, Phil (TX F2) kept Floyd's up to date. He also was doing nametags today - something that helped so folks could recognize who was who. Thanks, Phil! :clap:

I'm home and assume CaroleAnn is as well.....

We left Austin at 0800hrs and headed down through Kyle, then over to Lockhart, Luling, Gonzales, Cuero, Goliad, Refugio, Sinton and then Ingleside. Grabbed a few more courthouse pictures along the way as well. Skies were cool and a bit misty at first, then the closer we got to the coast, the warmer it got. This was Carole's first TWT Pie Run and I think she had a grand time.

The trip back was different in that we went back through Sinton, then to Beeville, Kenedy, ducked off at Karnes City to Stockdale, Seguin, San Marcos then Austin. A few more courthouse pics on this leg. The sun poked it's head in and out and we missed a few rain showers as the roads were still wet and we could see to our SE it was raining heavily. Got in about 1900hrs and 420ish for miles.

Chuck asked for pics, so here's some shots without the courthouse's...

Floyds:
08Pie_Ingleside020.jpg

08Pie_Ingleside021.jpg

The bikes about 1230hrs:
08Pie_Ingleside023.jpg

08Pie_Ingleside027.jpg

08Pie_Ingleside028.jpg

Carole (CaroleAnn) and Scott (BluedogOK)
08Pie_Ingleside031.jpg

Becca:
08Pie_Ingleside032.jpg

Chocolate Pie:
08Pie_Ingleside034.jpg

Becca and Debbie:
08Pie_Ingleside037.jpg

Chuck hamming it up:
08Pie_Ingleside039.jpg

Flower Power Strom:
08Pie_Ingleside043.jpg

Squeaky had a bit too much fun (and sugar) so she decided to take a nap face down on her instrument panel.....
08Pie_Ingleside044.jpg

James and his BRP:
08Pie_Ingleside046.jpg

Yep, I'm home, showered and settled in for the night. It was a great day, thanks Scott for an awesome ride. A small sprinkle going down and a itty bitty one coming home but other than the cool temps the day couldn't have been any better.

I started the day with no liner in my jacket but made Scott pull over in Lockhart so I could put it in and change gloves. Ahhh, much better now.

I have never been down to that area so completely enjoyed all the little excursions Scott took me on. I even got in on the courthouse pictures. I hope to have another chance to get down that way to see some of the sights.

Looking forward to more pie runs in my future.

Home and showered. I took off at 7:45 this morning and pulled back in the garage at 7:35. 537 miles verified by the gps.

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting the people I did. Pie was good too.

I'll post up a couple pics of my trip tomorrow.

I arrived safely back in Fort Worth after a 6 hour ride home. I made one quick stop in Waco to empty one tank, fill one tank, and switch out my vented jacket for a warmer one. I had 763 miles round trip including the 300 miles I rode yesterday after work.

My wake up view this morning in Victoria, cool and wet:

Outside Rockport:

The New Mr and Mrs Pie Man:

Yummie:

Duke, sorry to hear about your bike. After riding a BMW R1150RT in the Alps a few years ago I wanted one really bad. My ST hasn't been perfect but I am so glad I bought the Honda instead of the BMW.

well caged it down, not real well planned (got there at 3pm) but a nice day

wing-2.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

Back