• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is your job?

Based on the last Johnson County M&G, this is a scary thought.:rofl:

But then again I do Probabilistic Risk Assessment at Comanche Peak. :trust:
That's still not as scary as Wayne microwaving folks.

I'm currently responsible for insuring that multi-million dollar fighter aircraft(F-16 and F-35) are manufactured to blueprint and specification and verifying that they conform to performance specs etc. prior to delivery to the customer. I'm also (unfortunately) involved with the modification of Pakistani F-16's to take them from Block 15 configuration and avionics packages to Block 52 config and package. I do like that my job changes up from time to time.

So we're giving the Pakistanis the Street Triple version, and keeping the Speed Triple version for ourselves? :lol2:

Actually, I thought the Block 52 was the Speed Triple version (complete w/ Brembo's). Squid????

I've also heard some interesting discussions that various experimental F-16 versions could do everything the F-35 can, for much less $$.

So we're giving the Pakistanis the Street Triple version, and keeping the Speed Triple version for ourselves? :lol2:

Actually, I thought the Block 52 was the Speed Triple version (complete w/ Brembo's). Squid????
Close. The Brembos didn't get put on until the Block 60. It would have been cheaper for them to buy new Block 52's than to upgrade these decrepit Block 15's.
I've also heard some interesting discussions that various experimental F-16 versions could do everything the F-35 can, for much less $$.
The vectored thrust bird was pretty interesting but the 16 did not have the multi-role capabilities and platform that the 35 does. Besides, the Navy will never make another purchase of F-16's after the last fiasco.

Last edited:
Professional Geologist

Went to college for 8 years studying igneous and metamorphic petrology. Hoping to work out west as a mining geologist. Never happened. When I graduated, metals prices were in the pooper.

Went to work as a petroleum geologist for an American oil company working in Europe & Africa. 1986, the price of oil goes in the pooper. Then I was unemployed, I mean a consultant for 2 years.

Went to work for the TWC/TNRCC/TCEQ. Designed groundwater remediation systems (2 years) and managed the emergency response program (13 years).

Now I do fun for work. I manage the Off-Highway Vehicle Program for Texas Parks & Wildlife. Drop me a note if I can help you or your club create better places to ride in Tejas.

Her specialty is making cakes that look like other things.
2253861124_86a9bfdbeb_b.jpg

Wow! That is impressive! Reminds me of that cake show on the Food Network. I like seeing the cakes they come up with.

Curious about who ordered a cake of their dog. I would feel bad eating a slice of my dog's cake head or butt. :lol2:
That looks like UGA, the University of Georgia Bulldog mascot.

My wife does some cakes as well, she has entered some competitions around here. Eventually she wants to have her own shop.

That looks like UGA, the University of Georgia Bulldog mascot.
Quite right, it was a groom's cake. The staff put a towel over his head when they started to serve him from the rear. :eek2: :eat:

My wife does some cakes as well, she has entered some competitions around here. Eventually she wants to have her own shop.
My wife entered another bulldog in the Capital Confections cake contest in Austin a few months ago and won 1st place professional division. We were also enrolled in the Oklahoma Sugar Art Show but had to pull out because we were forced to move the shop. There's always next year. Good luck to your wife too but remember if she turns pro and gets her own shop you guys won't have a life just like we don't. ha ha

Last edited:
My wife entered another bulldog in the Capital Confections cake contest in Austin a few months ago and won 1st place professional division. We were also enrolled in the Oklahoma Sugar Art Show but had to pull out because we were forced to move the shop. There's always next year.
She didn't enter this year, I don't really know why, she has had a couple in there the past few years before this one.

She wants to go to Tulsa one of these years, as a spectator first but it usually doesn't fall on a good weekend for us. With the OU-Tech game in Norman the weekend before Thanksgiving, we will be up there than weekend. Since the show is at the end of September this year, we might make two trips up to see my family in OKC this fall.

Good luck to your wife too but remember if she turns pro and gets her own shop you guys won't have a life just like we don't. ha ha
I know that already, hopefully I will have my own firm established by that point, she is in no hurry to "go pro" yet. Since architecture is my profession, I get to do the structural analysis on her cakes.......

She wants to go to Tulsa one of these years, as a spectator first but it usually doesn't fall on a good weekend for us. With the OU-Tech game in Norman the weekend before Thanksgiving, we will be up there than weekend. Since the show is at the end of September this year, we might make two trips up to see my family in OKC this fall.

Yeah, my wife is still planning to attend this year as a spectator.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and me, I'm looking for an excuse to :rider: to Tulsa to join her.

What do you think? Sounds like a road trip to me.:thumb:

For that matter, Arkansas is beckoning me too.

I am an Aquarium Engineer. I install and maintain those aquariums you see in your Doctors office. I dont think its an official title, but it sounds more professional than "hey, its the Fish Dude".

Attachments

• video1.jpg
    video1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 167
Wow! That is impressive! Reminds me of that cake show on the Food Network. I like seeing the cakes they come up with.

Curious about who ordered a cake of their dog. I would feel bad eating a slice of my dog's cake head or butt. :lol2:

No problem eating that thing............. just let it near anyone that knows who Mike is and they will destroy that dawg.

By day - I am a Failure Analyst in the Circuit Design Repair lab for Texas Instruments in Dallas. Basically I rewire the semiconductor chip on the chip for prototyping purposes.

By night - I am a Mom of 3, including the husband :trust: , which includes but is not limited to :
Chef
Bug Squisher
Outfit designer
Mediator / Enforcer
Resident Gardner...ect..ect

Her specialty is making cakes that look like other things.
2253861124_86a9bfdbeb_b.jpg

Wow! That's really awesome! What fantastic work! I looked through the pictures on the webite and there's a lot of really cool cakes there!

I'm an A&P mechanic also. Not using my license currently.... would like to get back to wrenching on an airplane someday but that's another story. Right now I'm supervising a maintenance crew in an optical lab.

Last edited:
I am an Aquarium Engineer. I install and maintain those aquariums you see in your Doctors office. I dont think its an official title, but it sounds more professional than "hey, its the Fish Dude".

I did some non-fish IT consulting a few years back for a law office in Dallas. One wall of their conference room was a huge aquarium about 25' x 3' x 4'. All it had in it was white gravel, no plants and four sharks, each about 2' long. Something about professional courtesy. :mrgreen:

I am the GM of a Subway in Bush. Would you like chips and a drink with that??;-)

... the standard accepted practice was for the lead car in the left lane to sit in the middle of the intersection. The instant the lights turned yellow, the lead car either gassed it and made the left turn ..,

That is correct practice isn't it? You commit yourself to the turn and into the intersection. Once oncoming traffic is clear you make your left turn. Since you're into the intersection prior to light turning red it is legal. This guarantees at least one car can make a left turn at each traffic signal cycle. Many traffic signals do not have turn arrows.

This is how I was taught in drivers training.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I'm the Director of an AF Communications unit. Essentially that means supervising all aspects of Comm; LAN/WAN, VoIP, radio/spectrum management, user support, training, etc. What I really want to be is retired, but that's still about 3 years away. Work definitely gets in the way of riding!

I’m a farmer/rancher. I raise grass to bale for my cows. Grew up on a ranch and have been doing it all my life. It didn’t include health insurance or a retirement so I added in a public servant job. Now I’m retired from that and have insurance and a fair monthly pay for the rest of my life.

Side note, I was going to my heart Dr. every 4 months. Now I’m trying to learn to ride more dirt plus retired and only have to visit him once a year. I highly recommend some form of technical riding for the health benifits. Very physical 😀

Back