• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 Pie Run Schedule

Pie...... I like Pie. The Bluebonnett has really good pie. Anybody from H-Town going that I might be able to tag along with?

Pie...... I like Pie. The Bluebonnett has really good pie. Anybody from H-Town going that I might be able to tag along with?

So far there's a group meeting in Navasota and another from somewhere (yet undecided) in West/Southwest Houston and meeting up in La Grange for the final push into Marble Falls.

This is the initial draft of the Pie Run schedule. I'm waiting for a couple more Pie Scout reports to come in, so I may switch a couple of locations around yet.

Jan 26: Ranchman's Cafe (Ponder)
Feb 23: Tony's Family . . .

. . . Let me know your thoughts.

Obviously it's waaaaaaaaaaaay too late for this season, but here's a suggestion for next season. Maybe have at least one pie run more to the north & west so some of the West Texas and Panhandle riders can meet the rest of you without having to make a full weekend (or more) out of a pie run. It's a darned long way from Fritch to the DFW area and beyond. :rider: Ponder is the closest 2008 event to me and is 345 miles away; just sayin' :scratch:

Obviously it's waaaaaaaaaaaay too late for this season, but here's a suggestion for next season. Maybe have at least one pie run more to the north & west so some of the West Texas and Panhandle riders can meet the rest of you without having to make a full weekend (or more) out of a pie run. It's a darned long way from Fritch to the DFW area and beyond. :rider: Ponder is the closest 2008 event to me and is 345 miles away; just sayin' :scratch:

I hear ya.

Since I was responsible for the current schedule, I will say that during the window that I was soliciting ideas there was a small number (read: about 1) submitted and reviewed for potential candidates out that way. Of course, anyone is welcome and encouraged to be a Pie Scout and check a place out anytime during the year and post up. The place needs decent parking available and needs to seat medium to large groups. Most of all, the pie needs to be good and diverse in selection. You can check the Pie Scouting thread for previous submissions and ideas.

If you folks in the Panhandle have some good eats, GREAT! Post up some scouting runs and I'm sure Chuck (new Pie Man Gilk51) will work to incorporate them into the schedule next year. It was always my goal to make the rotation as fair as possible.

Oh-and if there is a particular time in the year that is better to come, please post that, too. Sometimes better weather or other events in the area may be a benefit or a detraction.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wasn't very active on this board when you did the scouting request. But I had such a good time meeting some of the TWT folks on a Panhandle pie run over the weekend that I though it would be pretty cool to try to get an even more diverse group together occasionally. That said, my wife and I make a couple of trips to Denton each year (usually in the cage tho) as well as a couple to Big Spring. What I'm thinking, is that we might try to make it a point to take some alternate routes and stop in various places to check out their pie over the winter. Come spring, we could have a some place picked out and report back here. Also hoping some others here will do the same.

BTW, must be a really long way to get pie from Renton. :eek2:

Yeah, I wasn't very active on this board when you did the scouting request. But I had such a good time meeting some of the TWT folks on a Panhandle pie run over the weekend that I though it would be pretty cool to try to get an even more diverse group together occasionally. That said, my wife and I make a couple of trips to Denton each year (usually in the cage tho) as well as a couple to Big Spring. What I'm thinking, is that we might try to make it a point to take some alternate routes and stop in various places to check out their pie over the winter. Come spring, we could have a some place picked out and report back here. Also hoping some others here will do the same.

Sound good. Looking forward to the reports!

cruisin said:
BTW, must be a really long way to get pie from Renton. :eek2:

:doh: Yeah, I'm trying to establish a Pie Run up here, too, but I don't have the luxury of a well built and maintained site like this. Can't beat the riding, though!

I have asked Chuck to start the September/Blessing Pie Run thread so we cn begin to post our plans and routes. My calculations are a little under 2 hours from Fort Bend County to Matagorda County/Blessing but I want to ride the back roads instead of US 59 to Hwy 71. Once the new thread is up, I will elaborate with my proposed route, etc.

-Saul

As much as I like Debbies in Hutto that date conflicts with the Harvest Classic in Lukenbach, maybe a change in dates for Hutto?

As much as I like Debbies in Hutto that date conflicts with the Harvest Classic in Lukenbach, maybe a change in dates for Hutto?

The Harvest Classic is over rated, IMO. Its not worth changing the date. Only a handfull of TWT'er attended the past couple years anyway.

The Harvest Classic is over rated, IMO. Its not worth changing the date. Only a handfull of TWT'er attended the past couple years anyway.

For a non-profit event that benefits charities.. I don't necessarily believe it's overrated. :shrug:

To each his own.. guess I'll be missing my first opportunity at a pie run. I, for one, am going to Luckenbach. :mrgreen:

Just noticed that the November date for Edom is the 29th which is Thanksgiving weekend. In the past, we have made it the week prior.

So, I am thinking we should change the date to 11/22 before everyone makes their plans...

:huh:

There are always going to be conflicts between events. October seems to have more conflicts due to the usually good weather.

Does the destination have to be in Texas? I'm new here, so maybe the said pies have to be baked and consumed in Texas. But if not, maybe a run could be planned for Pietown NM.

www.pietown.com

Its very scenic in that part of the world, there is the VLA (tours, anyone?) and some good eating and free camping at Pietown. They even have a pie festival in September.

Just my 2 cents.

Just noticed that the November date for Edom is the 29th which is Thanksgiving weekend. In the past, we have made it the week prior.

So, I am thinking we should change the date to 11/22 before everyone makes their plans...

yes!

just a thought......i know you guys put a lot of work in this and i commend yall for it. but the last two runs are real close to the holidays and a lot of people travel to be with family those weekends. so i was wondering about moving Nov. to the 22nd and DEC. to the 6th.????? i would say the 20th for DEC. but last weekend shopping.....you know. just typing out loud.

i said that on 1-1-08 in the 2008 pie run schedule and everyone blew me off!! :doh:

i said that on 1-1-08 in the 2008 pie run schedule and everyone blew me off!! :doh:

I don't remember that so it must have gotten lost in the shuffle.

The December PR is typically an overnighter between Christmas and New Year and there can be some family conflicts then. I've been dragging my feet on this one, thinking the gas prices, the economy, and hurricane Ike may have placed restrictions on how many folks can attend...

Did we ever make a decision on this one? I need to plan around it... :giveup:

merrily we roll along...

oh, wait, what was the question? :scratch:

Back