• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Favorite Motorcycle Movie

I know this isn't a movie, but anyone watch Sons of Anarchy? It's not the greatest, but I like FX Series and I've been watching it off the DVR when I'm bored.

Guess I haven't been that bored.

I've got to second Rusty the On Any Sunday three pack is great along with Dust To Glory, Wild Hogs, and The Great Escape.

Technically not a movie, but V-Four Victory is a great DVD. Includes a full lap of Isle of Man on board with Joey Dunlop.

The Girl on a Motorcycle. Wierd 60's plotline but neat riding scenes.

This is another one of those I'm almost embarrassed to admit to, but I can't help myself. I like Time Rider. I like most of the other ones y'all have listed too - I just added Time Rider because I didn't see anybody else mention it.

OMG! I forgot all about Time Rider. I haven't seen that one in forever. Michael Nesmith of the Monkees did that flick. I haven't looked it up but I believe Fred Ward played the main guy. Thanks for mentioning it. I'm going to put it in my Neflix queue. Nesmith has actually done some good movies. Has anyone seen Elephant Parts? It's not a motorcycle film but very funny.

Oops, not available on DVD, that sucks!

Last edited:
Easy Rider. Beautiful bikes, awesome soundtrack, Jack Nicholson. Adding to the power of the movie for me is remembering when two rednecks in a pickup truck with a shotgun on Winner-Foster Rd. pulled a genuine Easy Rider on me trying to scare me.

Faster.

I used to really like Road Warrior until I quit watching Mel Gibson movies.

For laughs: Wild Hogs. For the "scenery": Long Way Down (can you say EWAN MCGREGOR?);-) :trust:

Since some of the movies included are not motorcycle movies per se, but movies with motorcycles....

Terminator:
arn2.jpg

T2:
t1.jpg

t6.jpg

I liked Biker Boyz, too. I liked the part where they rode on those metal attachments to their boots. Dumb story, but good bike action.

On Any Sunday is my fav

Time rider was cool, so you were the other guys in the theater back then:rofl: You know you would think by now we would have that
cool heads up display he had in his helmet as a standard feature

Easy Rider. Beautiful bikes, awesome soundtrack, Jack Nicholson. Adding to the power of the movie for me is remembering when two rednecks in a pickup truck with a shotgun on Winner-Foster Rd. pulled a genuine Easy Rider on me trying to scare me.

Faster.

I used to really like Road Warrior until I quit watching Mel Gibson movies.

Easy Rider also has the best soundtrack of any biker flick, ever.

I rented it not that long ago and found it a lot more boring than I had remembered from when I saw it last, almost 40 years ago. Still, I loved the long scenes of nothing but riding through the desert on route 66. My '49 panhead I had many years ago looked exactly like the bike Hopper rode.

Easy Rider also has the best soundtrack of any biker flick, ever.

I rented it not that long ago and found it a lot more boring than I had remembered from when I saw it last, almost 40 years ago. Still, I loved the long scenes of nothing but riding through the desert on route 66. My '49 panhead I had many years ago looked exactly like the bike Hopper rode.

Probably seems more boring because the editing styles today compared to 30 years ago are much, much quicker. I read somewhere that movies in the 70's averaged around 200 cuts per movie and that many modern films today can have around 3000 or more. Could this have an effect on our attention spans?

Although not strictly a motorcycle movie, one on my list is "The Gumball Rally".

It's about a cross country auto race in which one of the participants is a a rider on a Kawasaki two stroke. Maybe not the best role model for good riding, but hilarious none the less.

The scene where is warms himself over his engine on a cold night at a gas station is a scene from my own riding days :rider: :lol2: .

Okay here they are .... VERY hard to find.

(1) "Three Wild Riders" three guys in 1970 leave Denver for Panama
on 441 Victors.

(2) "Fast Charlie and the Moonbeam Special" David Carradine racing cross country in the great Depression.

Not really a motorcycle movie, but "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" has a couple of scenes set around the old Mint 400...

Roustabout - Elvis wrecks his 305 Dream and rides the Wall of Death.

Roman Holiday - Audry Hepburn isn't the same person after Gregory Peck takes her on a Vespa ride through Rome.
Eastern Promises - A creepy Viggo Mortensen helps Naomi Watts start her vintage Ural.
Quadrophenia - Seminal Mod-Rocker movie.

Tom

Mask "starring" Cher!

One of the James Bond movies (Tomorrow Never Dies) has a pretty good bike scene in it.
I think one of the best motorcycle scenes ever has to be in the Matrix Reloaded. Trinity sure can ride that Ducati 998!
Oh, and one of the dumbest scenes has to be Tom Cruise & Co in Mission Impossible II. You can see the same bikes with different wheels from one shot to the next. Totally stupid!

Books on this topic:

Two Wheels on Two Reels by Mike Seate
The Big Book of Biker Films by John Wooley

Tom

One of the James Bond movies (Tomorrow Never Dies) has a pretty good bike scene in it....

Oh, the many times when I've been riding in traffic when I wanted to be on that BSA with quad 30cal machine guns under the fairing from Thunderball.

Tom

One of my favorites is "Hells Angels on Wheels.". With good ol' Jack Nicholson as Poet.

Some good classic, custom bikes when custom meant doing it yourself.

Has Sonny Barger playing himself in it too.

Now guys.....did you forget the funniest one yet? Wild Hogs? Of course that would be a motorcycle movie not a motorcyclist movie. Then again....who hasn't been there....done that?

"Wild Hogs"

+1 for Wild Hogs. FASRT!!!

I've got to second Rusty the On Any Sunday three pack is great along with Dust To Glory, Wild Hogs, and The Great Escape.

For laughs: Wild Hogs.

Now guys.....did you forget the funniest one yet? Wild Hogs? Of course that would be a motorcycle movie not a motorcyclist movie. Then again....who hasn't been there....done that?
I don't think it was left out :mrgreen:

Well I have quite a collection of biker movies so... I love the first 5 minutes of CC & Company with Joe Namath (making the sandwich in the grocery store without paying). Also the original Billy Jack before it was Billy Jack, Born Losers, is near the top of the list as well. But my favorite all time motorcycle move is Pray for the Wildcats. Starring William Shattner, Andy Griffith (as the mean crazy guy) and Mr. Brady (Bunch) all riding through Baja in the 70's. Also has Angie Dickenson and other familiar faces. Race with the Devil is not too bad either. Figured the guy who started this thread would like to know that lots of that movie was filmed in San Marcos (Post Rd out past 5 mile dam), Fonda, Oats, Lorreta Switt and more. :zen:

Wow, I'm surprised that no one's mentioned Ghost Rider yet.

Race with the Devil is not too bad either. Figured the guy who started this thread would like to know that lots of that movie was filmed in San Marcos (Post Rd out past 5 mile dam), Fonda, Oats, Lorreta Switt and more. :zen:

Thanks for the education. I had never heard of "race with the devil" but I'd like to see it. I did know that "the getaway" with Steve McQueen was filmed here. Not a motorcycle flick but I like the movie.

I'm also glad this thread is still kicking, thought it might have been pulled after admitting that I liked Harley Davidson and Marlboro Man :mrgreen:

Back