• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uncle's Around the Bend 2009 attendance list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw my GP today and the conversation went kinda like this,

Doc : So are you still wanting to go to Big Bend ?
Yogi : unless you say NO GO I am planning on going
Doc : well <pause>
Doc : I have never been to Big Bend, is it good for mountain biking

Okay in my book that is definately NOT a red light, admittedly it kinda Amber and that is good enough for me so

I'M IN AGAIN

On a serious note, I have been talking with the doc since I posted up that I was not attending about the risks of taking this trip. As he put it, there are people that take blood thinners all there life and live "normal" lives, its not like your viens are just going to up and explode.

This is one happy guy tonight. :rider: :rider: :rider: :rider:

Hope that normal stuff isn't going to kick in anytime soon :rofl:

Saw my GP today and the conversation went kinda like this,

Doc : So are you still wanting to go to Big Bend ?
Yogi : unless you say NO GO I am planning on going
Doc : well <pause>
Doc : I have never been to Big Bend, is it good for mountain biking

Okay in my book that is definately NOT a red light, admittedly it kinda Amber and that is good enough for me so

I'M IN AGAIN

On a serious note, I have been talking with the doc since I posted up that I was not attending about the risks of taking this trip. As he put it, there are people that take blood thinners all there life and live "normal" lives, its not like your viens are just going to up and explode.

:clap: :clap: See you there.

Uh.... :wary: You're not gonna bleed out if you get a scratch are you... :eek2:

I call dibs on his bike!!!!:trust:

G-Man, I'm glad you're back in for this one. We would have missed you down there.

I will be in San Antonio and leaving San Antonio early Wednesday morning Feb 18 enroute to Del Rio. If anyone wants to meet in San Antonio and ride part of the way with me on Wednesday morning, just send a PM. Out of San Antonio I will be taking Bandera Rd to Leaky to meet up with The Three Sisters before heading on to Del Rio and crossing into Mexico.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Yogi, I have had lessons on how to use that Super Duper blood stopper!:eek2:
I'll ride with you. If you want to do River Road!
I bet Pinkloydd will go too.

Glad you are back in!

Hey Yogi, I have had lessons on how to use that Super Duper blood stopper!:eek2:
I'll ride with you. If you want to do River Road!
I bet Pinkloydd will go too.
Glad you are back in!

Will do it at least once. Think we should add it to the Ed loop we did at Xmas.
When you getting there ? ( I will be there this Friday, camping at the Motor Inn)

I will be in San Antonio and leaving San Antonio early Wednesday morning Feb 18 enroute to Del Rio. If anyone wants to meet in San Antonio and ride part of the way with me on Wednesday morning, just send a PM. Out of San Antonio I will be taking Bandera Rd to Leaky to meet up with The Three Sisters before heading on to Del Rio and crossing into Mexico.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

What route are you taking through Mexico to Big Bend - the adventurous dirt route due west from Del Rio or the paved, half-loop route?

Mike,

What route are you taking through Mexico to Big Bend - the adventurous dirt route due west from Del Rio or the paved, half-loop route?

Richard,

Sorry, neither one, as I won't be at Big Bend. I am riding on to Saltillo and maybe Parras. I had to change plans because I have to be back in Houston on Monday. So I truncated the Big Bend part of the journey. I also had to chop off the front end of the journey because I have an oil and gas seminar to attend in San Antonio. So I only get Wed-Sun for riding.

I'm just hoping to link up with anyone who might be riding west on Wed to Del Rio from San Antonio while I visit the Three Sisters.

Cheers,

Mike

I will be rolling in on Monday evening!!!!! See you'all on the Porch!!! Will have three bikes,Ural, TW200, and my Guzzy!!! Ride it ALL!!!!

Ken B and I will be there on Thursday eveing. Staying at the El Dorado in Terlingua. He'll be on a red KLR and I'll be on a bronze and black NX650. It'll be our first time out and we don't know any others from the group so hoping we can meet some TWT members and tag along on some rides. Any suggestions on where to meet and times?
Thanks,
Steve

i can't get off work the week of the 19th-22th but have the next week off was thinking about coming down on the 24th for a few days will anyone still be around then???? thank roger

Ken B and I will be there on Thursday eveing. Staying at the El Dorado in Terlingua. He'll be on a red KLR and I'll be on a bronze and black NX650. It'll be our first time out and we don't know any others from the group so hoping we can meet some TWT members and tag along on some rides. Any suggestions on where to meet and times?
Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

Welcome to you and your friends. We TWTers are a very friendly bunch so you won't have any problems meeting our group.

There will be a riders meeting at 9 a.m. on Friday and Saturday morning at Kathy's Kosmic Kowgirl Kafe. For sure you will be able to meet riders there. Additionally, lots of us will be hanging out on the front porch of the Starlight Theatre in Terlingua in the evening. Ask around and someone will direct you to the Starlight. Also, there will be a number of riders camping out across the street from the El Dorado, in Gareth park. Stop by and introduce yourself. Finally, drop by Uncle's place when you get into town and say hello. There's sure to be a number of folks hanging out there too.

See you in Terlingua.

i can't get off work the week of the 19th-22th but have the next week off was thinking about coming down on the 24th for a few days will anyone still be around then???? thank roger

I don't know for sure, but there are usually a few riders who stay a few extra days after the event. Plus, Uncle will probably be there that week too.

Richard,

Please add me to the list.

Keith (fangs)

Man... over 100 people... I sure hope I can get a spot for my tent!! Preferably not too close to the outhouse and not too far either... :trust:

This group of individuals is going too. We don't have a team name, but with the proper amount of beverages, we may come up with one!

David A. (Scooter)
Gary (Shaman)
Terri (Lucy)
Mikel (Rainman)
Jenny (Jenny- Rainman's wife)
Jerry (Digit)
Alice (Alice- Digit's Wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back