• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2009 Texas Adventure Ride Report

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Just to get things started. I haven't uploaded my pictures yet.

Went from windy and cold to hot and dry, then back to cold and windy. Lots of fun.

Richard thanks to you and Connie and every one else that helped out, was a great weekend of riding, and seeing friends from last year.Thanks for putting on a first class event:clap: :clap:looking forward to our next ride:rider:

Rusty you missed a great ride back. Tom planned us a cool route and with the assist from DirtBikeDave and Primate we had an absolutely great ride back, despite the crazy wind at the end. Some of those roads between Junction and Fredericksburg were made for carving... little perfect one lane paved tracks running by mid 1800's mills and farm houses. It was incredible. I'll get some pictures up but none of the roads on the way back themselves, we were having too much fun. Thanks a bunch for the great ride out and you and Scott leading those giant first day groups!

Justin

It was a great time had by all. Thanks to Richard and Connie and everyone else that helped make it happen. Another great weekend adventure. YAHOO!!!!!:clap:
NOW LET'S SEE THOSE PICTURES!

Last edited:
Had an excellent time!! Learned a ton for my first dual sport adventure. For the gents that rode back with me to Austin. Glad you liked the route.

I'm going to have to hit a couple of you up for pics since my camera went bad. Can't wait to do it again!! :rider:

Cleanest my bike looked the whole trip!!
IMG_3135.jpg

Stonehenge II
IMG_3143.jpg

Kawasaki Justin doing a water crossing. Totally got soaked. 8-)
IMG_3169.jpg

Definitely getting a bigger tank so I don't have to haul around that gas can again.
IMG_3173.jpg

One of my favorite, memorable events was witnessing the matador and hearing Clayton on my right talking to himself saying, "Oh, don't do that... OH NO, DON'T DO THAT!!" and then tearing off to be the rodeo clown!! :rofl:

a few cell phone photos

TJ that is a nice XRL, glad I could help with adding bold new graphics :lol2:

Attachments

• splash.jpg
    splash.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 263
  • splash2.jpg
    splash2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 251
  • longhorns.JPG
    longhorns.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 241
WHAT A BLAST!!! Wasn't planning on Arkansas but I just might have to add it to my schedule. First Mexico, now Junction...don't know how I could ever miss another ride hosted by Richard, Scott, Connie and the many other TWT that make these possible. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Now...how do I get signed up for the recon team???

OK, first cut at pics up on Facebook. Hopefully this link works. Too all of you who told me your names multiple times and who I've still managed to forget, I'm so sorry. What a great time. Now back to reality...

Or maybe not quite yet... :)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011716&id=1136593255&l=0f23b6faf5

Pics look awesome!! I'm glad someone's camera was still working. I wish I had a helmet cam since there were so many shots that would have looked awesome when I was riding.

a few cell phone photos
TJ that is a nice XRL, glad I could help with adding bold new graphics :lol2:

Thanks for the swap. You know, Honda's are suppose to be red. :trust:

Enjoyed rooming with you. I like low maintenance, can sleep through my snoring. :lol2:

Here is that thread I was telling you about that is all XR650L owners. I learned a ton from a couple of these guys.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114834

Wow...AWESOME pictures!! I felt like I was right there with you! Glad you guys had such a great time even if it was so windy it bent that tree right over! HA! Thanks for sharing.

Another "TAR" for the history Books...........
Great weekend Richard, Thanks for the time an effort that went into this.
Don't have many pics this trip.....Seen one "Texas Gravel Road" seen them all........Do have some pics of a "Swimming Hole" I found.........Sat turned into a warm day. Just when we were looking for some shade, ran across a river crossing that had a cold, clear, 12-15ft deep oasis with a beach and cliffs......Was getting ready to get wet when out of the hills comes some more of those blasted "Dual-Sportin City Slickers"........Wave them on over and everyone gets wet..........
cimg0068l.jpg

cimg0037bdu.jpg

cimg0033kdq.jpg

cimg0046.jpg

cimg0052.jpg

cimg0053x.jpg

cimg0069k.jpg

cimg0056s.jpg

Wow. I can't say that I've passed that site in two years of TARing it. Where might it be located?

Wow what made the KLR blow oil?

Nice garage BTW... sweet...

Trying to figure out how to post videos and not having much luck. That will have to wait.

The Husky TE610 during its maiden adventure ride at TAR 2009. Here's the left side, Rick! ;-)
DSCN1592.jpg

DSCN1533.jpg

One of the locals sounds off!
DSCN1549.jpg

One of the locals in the greeting party.
DSCN1568.jpg

Had an excellent time!! Learned a ton for my first dual sport adventure. For the gents that rode back with me to Austin. Glad you liked the route.

One of my favorite, memorable events was witnessing the matador and hearing Clayton on my right talking to himself saying, "Oh, don't do that... OH NO, DON'T DO THAT!!" and then tearing off to be the rodeo clown!! :rofl:

This Photo says it all:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=339103&id=1385152166#/photo.php?pid=339103&id=1385152166

Thanks everyone! That was a lot of fun! Total miles on the KLX was 802! I have a few photos...will get them up soon.

Another "TAR" for the history Books...........
Great weekend Richard, Thanks for the time an effort that went into this.
Don't have many pics this trip.....Seen one "Texas Gravel Road" seen them all........Do have some pics of a "Swimming Hole" I found.........Sat turned into a warm day. Just when we were looking for some shade, ran across a river crossing that had a cold, clear, 12-15ft deep oasis with a beach and cliffs......Was getting ready to get wet when out of the hills comes some more of those blasted "Dual-Sportin City Slickers"........Wave them on over and everyone gets wet..........

I'm glad you guys didn't take a dip like the dudes in the movie "Wild Hogs" :eek2:

that does look like a nice stop for a hot day though

The only computer I have is at work, and have a com issue today so I can't download pics.:doh:I also can't go to facebook or Utube and stuff like that either.:argh:I would like to thank Richard for the event, the ride out, and the ride Friday. I had a great ride with him and Dirtbike Dave, (wore ALL of my chicken strips off ).:rider:I also want to thank Scott for a great ride Saturday with PinkLloyd providing the entertainment.:lol2:Lastly I want to thank Tom (TJRockit) for a blast on the way home, I really wasn't looking forward to a slab ride back, and he picked the perfect route.:clap:What a fantastic weekend.

802 miles? That's impressive Justin. My miles per day went down steadily each day. 271, 200, 85, 0 (trailered home instead of riding). By the last day I just didn't want to face winds like I did on the way out and Clayton had space on the trailer. So I decided to be a passenger.

Last edited:
It's asking for me to sign on to view photos. :giveup: :-(

Ah yes, the virus that is called Facebook. I have an account and can see them, but hopefully folks will put them on real image hosting sites or as attachments.

Back