• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2009 Texas Adventure Ride Report

We got home last night and watched the movies and viewed the pics, Had a great time riding 2 up with my daugter Lucy. Met some great people and rode with a group (2) from Del Rio and (1) from San Antone who did a great job maping our routes and leading the way. What a great trip. Thanks Richard and Connie and all the rest we really engoyed the event.

802 miles? That's impressive Justin. My miles per day went down steadily each day. 271, 200, 85, 0 (trailered home instead of riding). By the last day I just didn't want to face winds like I did on the way out and Clayton had space on the trailer. So I decided to be a passenger.

I ended up with 1010, Dirtbike Dave lives a few more miles down the road. Butt did get tired by the end of the day, butt feels fine today.:sun:

Well, je2000 (Justin) has a stock MX like seat on his KLX 250. That and he rode out there and back from Bastrop on the two windiest days of the event. I'm surprised he didn't go flying off like a kite.

Howdy folks -

The Facebook album link I posted should work for anybody, I send them all the time. Not sure why it would be asking for an account. I'll move them to Smugmug tonight and try again.

(now)Suzuki Justin

I wasn't bragging, just a statement. I figured some other folks would chime in. We saw Justin ride by in Fredricksburg when we were gassing up, we wanted to pick him up in our group, but missed him.

Oh no, didn't mean to imply it that John. The Transalp has a corbin seat and I had no rear problems. My DRZ had a stock seat and I could hardly walk after a 200 mile day on that. I was just impressed he could sit that much on the KLX seat.

Since I wimped out and trailered home, all you guys have my admiration.

Many superlatives and some expletives can't describe just how much fun it was.

Thank you Richard and thank you to all the sponsors! :rider:

I am so glad you all are posting photos! The guys I ride with ride so fast there is little time for the photo shoot. I am especially happy that SanderJavant even stopped to take pictures of my group! Thanks a million!!

I wasn't bragging, just a statement. I figured some other folks would chime in. We saw Justin ride by in Fredricksburg when we were gassing up, we wanted to pick him up in our group, but missed him.

I was in a bit of a frozen zone and didn't want to stop. 4 blocks later I saw a sign that said "beer", and I stopped. Warmed up for an hour or so, checked out some fu-fu shops, gassed up and left. The ride back was a lot better, not too windy and I knew what to expect as far as distances between civilization.

Hi, All,
It was great great ride!! I also enjoyed meeting up my old riding buddies and new folks there.

Thanks Richard for organizing the event.
Thanks Scott for the haul.

Here are some of my random pics.
Thanks!
Ken

DSCF3924.jpg

DSCF3931.jpg

DSCF3933.jpg

DSCF3958.jpg

DSCF3956.jpg

DSCF3965.jpg

DSCF3972.jpg

DSCF3976.jpg

DSCF3985.jpg

DSCF3988.jpg

DSCF3993.jpg

DSCF4016.jpg

DSCF4023.jpg

DSCF4028.jpg

DSCF4035.jpg

DSCF4098.jpg

DSCF4094.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Ken (TxDR). I was hoping someone in our group got pictures of the water crossings. Especially when I blasted by James on the first crossing. I know someone has me stalled out in shin deep water at about the third crossing.
It was great meeting you and I enjoy our ride.
Martin

Thanks so much to Richard, Connie, Rusty (great GPS seminar) and Scott for all your hard work putting this ride together. The ride book and GPS links made it that much more enjoyable. I had a great time, explored new roads and met some new friends. The banquet and door prizes were not too shabby either!!! I'm already planning on attending next year!

Here's the rest of my pics -

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/570853681XFThAJ

Thanks so much to Richard, Connie, Rusty (great GPS seminar) and Scott for all your hard work putting this ride together. The ride book and GPS links made it that much more enjoyable. I had a great time, explored new roads and met some new friends. The banquet and door prizes were not too shabby either!!! I'm already planning on attending next year!
Here's my pics -
Walt

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/570853681XFThAJ

Some real nice photos. Thanks for linking to an accessible site. ;-)

:tab Just for the record, I did not help put this event together. I was Richard and Connie that did all the work, and a fine job they did too!! :clap: I just came along to play and paid like everyone else :trust: It was well worth it and I had a great time! The second day's riding was really good even though much of the route was created on the fly...

I can't get pictures to post like you guys. I can only do attachments. How do you do it Texas DR? Or anyone else.

I can't get pictures to post like you guys. I can only do attachments. How do you do it Texas DR? Or anyone else.

You have to have the pics hosted somewhere, like photobucket:
http://www.photobucket.com/

The image will have a direct link. Here's one of mine.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r82/tjrockit/IMG_3135.jpg

Then you put these tags around the photo:

And you'll see your picture.

To do multiple pics you have to put the tags around each pic. For example:

Hope that helps. ;-)

Hi, Martin,

Photobucket also shows
stuff under your photo as IMG code.
You can just copy it and paste it.
It is very easy once you see how you do it.

BTW, it was very fun to ride with you too!
Ken

You can't just take them of your computer files?

It becomes a data storage issue if everyone starts to upload pics to the server. Image taking every single picture every added to Two Wheeled Texans and putting them on your hard drive. You'd run out of room real quick.

This way, each person is responsible for the storage of their own pics but can share them with as many people as they like with no storage impact to Two Wheeled Texans.

You can't just take them of your computer files?

You're a forum supporter. You can upload your photos to the photo gallery and link to them from there. One of the benefits of being a supporter. Click on the photo gallery link in the tool bar at the top of the page and check it out.

Greetings DS riders!! Returned with at total of 1157 miles. Good tail wind heading north on Friday and great tail wind heading south on Sunday. Off course, Saturday dirt ride was excellent. When riding with Scott, Dirtbike (Ducttape), Primo, James, Justin, and Ken, all Pinklloyd can do is provide the entertainment.

Back