• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Quest - NW Arkansas May 23-24, 2009

Kind of a repeat to my previous question- Will anybody be riding bikes with a sub-100 mile range? Just curious.

My riding buddy who is coming w/ just got a 5 gallon on his XRL, so if I need some spare go-juice I'll just mooch of his tank.

I'm not sure all those attending are following this thread.

In my case, I've put a 4 gallon tank on my DRZ, so I've got more than 100 mile range.

What tank did you buy? I'm ready and willing to buy a tank and have it here by Friday, but the only one I think I want is the Acerbis.

It uses the stock shrouds and has dual petcocks.

I pretty much have to have my stock shrouds, the dual petcocks thing is just a bonus.

What tank did you buy? I'm ready and willing to buy a tank and have it here by Friday, but the only one I think I want is the Acerbis.

It uses the stock shrouds and has dual petcocks.

I pretty much have to have my stock shrouds, the dual petcocks thing is just a bonus.

I put on the IMS 4.0 gal tank. I like the way it eliminates the stock shrouds and offers additional protection for the radiator.

Just Gas Tanks IMS 4gal tank for DRZ400S

Yeah, my reasoning is I don't want to protect the radiators with my gas tank. I'm sure it's plenty tough, though.

Another thing is I want to be able occasionally freshen the bike up, and replacing the shrouds w/ new graphics. Hence the reasoning I want the stock shrouds.

Does the IMS have dual petcocks?

It always rains when I go to Arkansas in May :shrug:

The rain will keep the dust down and help to keep us old farts from overheating!

Are there any street riders coming?
We have a Bud that we are trying to talk into making the trip. He is a GS Riding Street only kinda guy! He does not like to get DIRTY!:lol2:

Two of us are riding(DR&KLR) leaving from the Suburbs of Weaver, Texas Friday @ 8 AM. We are taking back roads and should be in Clarksville around 5PM.
Holler at me if anyone would like to hook up and ride!
RickM you should unload at my house and ride with!

:rider::eat::rider::eat::rider::eat::yawn:

Yeah, my reasoning is I don't want to protect the radiators with my gas tank. I'm sure it's plenty tough, though.

Another thing is I want to be able occasionally freshen the bike up, and replacing the shrouds w/ new graphics. Hence the reasoning I want the stock shrouds.

Does the IMS have dual petcocks?

You want the Acerbis tank. It has dual petcocks and uses the shrouds. Not to mention it's the best quality of the tanks out there. Don't like the IMS at all and the Clarks aren't much better IMO.

Well, turns out I have to work Friday evening, so we're just gonna head out early early Saturday and get there between 6 and 7am.

Well I have been holding off committing until now. Booked a room about a month ago, wasn't sure if I would make it.

We all three have worked on our bikes all week getting them ready. Joe bought the Baja Kit from me and a new chest protector, John just put on new tires but on a test ride Sunday he decided to buy knobbies and a tooth smaller for the counter shaft sprocket. I duel sported a WR250, than just finished and bought the WR450, had to not only start over on the duel sporting but also did all the usually mods for these WR's along with adding a rack to carry more fuel. A few more repairs/mods yet to finish but talking to John, I have a bad feeling something may not work out, stopped while all is good for the trip.

You can mark down

TERRY
JOHN
JOE

We will be leaving Friday around 3pm and arrive late Friday night.

Up to a 50% chance of precipitation over the weekend.

So, bring rain gear or just get wet?

I figure I'm gonna attempt a few high speed water crossings, so I'll probably be soaked rain or not.

can you import routes by SD card without Mapsource? does not seem to work

The rain will keep the dust down and help to keep us old farts from overheating!

Are there any street riders coming?
We have a Bud that we are trying to talk into making the trip. He is a GS Riding Street only kinda guy! He does not like to get DIRTY!:lol2:

Two of us are riding(DR&KLR) leaving from the Suburbs of Weaver, Texas Friday @ 8 AM. We are taking back roads and should be in Clarksville around 5PM.
Holler at me if anyone would like to hook up and ride!
RickM you should unload at my house and ride with!

:rider::eat::rider::eat::rider::eat::yawn:

I am bringing 2 guys with me from Austin and they are on real dirt bikes so we better trailer on up . And the dry ride home may be nice after a couple of days of rain if it happens . Thanks for the offer though .
Rick M

Up to a 50% chance of precipitation over the weekend.

So, bring rain gear or just get wet?

I figure I'm gonna attempt a few high speed water crossings, so I'll probably be soaked rain or not.

I've been thinking about the same thing. I think we are gonna get wet on the water crossings, so I'll probably just bring a rain jacket to keep my torso relatively dry and will just accept that my legs/pants are gonna be wet.

Back