• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MexTrek 2009 - Oct 14-17, Galeana, Mexico

Excellent photography Meeel-tone. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read the stories behind the pictures. Especially the river crossings.

So how many guys does it take to tip a KLR up on it's rear wheel to drain water out of the exhaust system? Or do you remove the plugs from the exhaust system? (usually the plugs are rusted solid and won't budge).

Great Pics! I snagged a few to add to my collection for front page images :trust:

As always, the wonderful people of Mexico make these trips meaningful...

684358060_UfWbj-O.jpg

I bet you really made her day!!

Martin, Pancho, Mark and I rode north of Cerro Potosi into the mountains to find this little town. Martin gave her that framed photo of herself, one he took the year before.

She, really, made our day.

I remember the photo from previous ride report. That is cool that yall would do that:clap::clap:

Martin, Pancho, Mark and I rode north of Cerro Potosi into the mountains to find this little town. Martin gave her that framed photo of herself, one he took the year before.

Amazing photos Milton.

I'm sorry I missed that ride Richard put on Friday. Looked like fun. =P

Re: MexTrek teaser

Some teaser photos can be found at my Smugmug site. Many stories to follow.

Great pics!

Miltonotto amazes me with his talent, unbounded spirit, generous good nature, and ability to laugh at adversity. "Meeltone's" never-ending smile (as wide as the open face helmet he borrowed from Ponch on the set of CHiPs) was as warm and genuine as old Mexico. A true adventurer!

Mextrek2009199.jpg
[/IMG]

Guys,

Thanks to everyone who attended this year's MexTrek. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

I've started the MexTrek 2009 Ride Report here. Please feel free to post up your reports and pictures there.

Great pics!

Miltonotto amazes me with his talent, unbounded spirit, generous good nature, and ability to laugh at adversity. "Meeltone's" never-ending smile (as wide as the open face helmet he borrowed from Ponch on the set of CHiPs) was as warm and genuine as old Mexico. A true adventurer!

I'm surprised Milton didn't get enough food throughout the day... eating all the bugs stuck in his teeth. As many poo-eating butterflies that I murdered, I couldn't imagine wearing that smile-bearing open helmet!

Milton, Bob, Richard it was great to finally meet you guys. I enjoyed riding with and meeting everyone else as well!

Pedro Norte, shoot me a PM, por favor.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone. Although I had plenty of bad luck, but I did enjoy the parts of Mextrek when I was feeling good and not having battery problems!

If I have some of your stuff let me know, I don't know what belongs to whom.

Richard/Scott, let me know if you think a central FTP repository will help for uploading pics and I can set that up.

Very nice photos, Milton. It was my first MexTrek, and it was a great time.

Jeff

Some teaser photos can be found at my Smugmug site. Many stories to follow.

Holy Cow Milton!! Those are beautiful!! We were on the same ride together right??

What an awesome memory!! A part of Mexico I will never get to see again :-) Congrats to all who tamed Camino de la muerte:rider:

Shadman,

Don't forget to pat yourself on the back! You really brought our spirits up when you came back to tell us there were only 2 more water crossings! You lied of course :lol2: You guys can ride with me any day!!!

And...thanks to each and every person who rode with us. It took a group effort to make it through and we did it!! Great teamwork guys!! I'm not sure what great adventure Richard has in store for us but one thing is certain...count me in!!!

Shadman,

Don't forget to pat yourself on the back! You really brought our spirits up when you came back to tell us there were only 2 more water crossings! You lied of course :lol2: You guys can ride with me any day!!!

And...thanks to each and every person who rode with us. It took a group effort to make it through and we did it!! Great teamwork guys!! I'm not sure what great adventure Richard has in store for us but one thing is certain...count me in!!!

Delores, I didnt get to introduce myself or really talk to you.... but yes I still look (and feel) as bad as you felt.

I like seeing women on the bike and on the trail. Can't wait to see more pics of yah on the trail.
9031_541375043531_62002887_31875020_2361089_n.jpg

That was just way cool. If she is anything like my five year old daughter, that photo will stay with her for a LONG time and always be very special to her. A very thoughtful gesture :clap:

I saw Don get into a red suburban in McAllen (I guess with his son's and wife?) and drive off. He was doing very good all things considered.

Who ended up taking Don Gil home? Is he alright?

We got Don back to the border in Waylands' truck. His wife and two sons were there to help out. They took him to the hospital and it turned out he had a broken collar bone, scapula, two broken ribs, and a collapsed lung. He was put into ICU and was supposed to be there for at least a few days.

We got Don back to the border in Waylands' truck. His wife and two sons were there to help out. They took him to the hospital and it turned out he had a broken collar bone, scapula, two broken ribs, and a collapsed lung. He was put into ICU and was supposed to be there for at least a few days.

Ouch! Met Don early Friday morning when we woke him while packing our bikes... he was sleeping in one of the chairs in the entrance of the Jardin.

Back