• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Firefox and Exif info

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
I was asking about displaying exif info in another thread. I decided to let my fingers do the walking and found that there are 2 add-ons for Firefox that show exif data. One is FxIF and adds to the standard properties display in Firefox. If you right click on an image and select properties you can see the basic exif data added to the standard properties popup. You can use the copy button to get the exif info pasted into your clipboard for pasting into another application too.

ExIF.jpg

The other add-on is exif viewer and adds a new option to the right click menu. When you right click on an image you will see an option titled "View Link Exif Data" This gives a more extensive amount of exif data in a new screen.

exifviewer.jpg

Just as a bonus, I use another add-on called Image Zoom. It allows for inline zooming of images. If you right click on an image you will see several options for zooming an image a fixed percentage. The really cool part though is if you have a scroll wheel mouse. Right click and hold the right button and spin the scroll wheel and it will dynamic zoom and image. Great for quick and dirty closeups of posted pictures. Also handy if someone posts a huge image so you can shrink it down to view.

I'm sure there are similar things out there for other browsers, but Firefox is my main one so I haven't looked at others.

Hope you enjoy.

So how does one go about finding where to download these plug-ins? Is it within the Firefox application, Mozilla's site?

Thanks!

I've got both Rusty recommended on-board now and they are a nice addition....

One of the problems I've found with downsizing photos for web use is that my two programs I use for this remove all camera data. L View Pro 2.8 or Vallen Jpegger. Does anyone know of a program that lets you downsize but keeps the camera data intact?

I use Photobucket to host my images and typically let it resize during the upload process. Lately I've been doing edits in Lightroom 3 beta and using a plugin to directly transfer to Photobucket. The plugin resizes (and sharpens) as part of the upload. Both seem to retain the exif data.

I have a copy of lview around somewhere, but never noticed that it did that.

I've been using the 2nd viewer for a while now and use it a lot. Pretty handy, unless of course the exif was deleted.

I'm guessing with easier imbeds, EXIF doesn't make the jump?

I'm guessing with easier imbeds, EXIF doesn't make the jump?
I spoke too soon. The one pic I chose to try and view EXIF info apparently had it extracted before posting. Carry on. :mrgreen:

Back