• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run I: 5 Year Anniversary in Hico, 01/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Cafe handle this amount?!!!
I am planning on a ride that day with two others and thought we would stop in...
but sounds like it might be over stocked with TWT's ...
~150 has got to be maxing out the shop...
make sure we give them a heads up on the count...
Guess that would be 3 / with drive by options... :)

Chuck's got it under control coordinating with the Kafe, but if those that get there early eat fast and talk after then it might go smoother. Overall they will get more than normal business, but we might horn in on the normal local business some.

150 isn't maxing out their shop, 70 is more like it. They aren't that big, but I think we can do the shift thing and it will all work out.

It looks like those of us comming from the Dallas area will be leaving in upper 20 degree temps. At least they are not calling for any precip.

I am going to have to change from yes to no. My front brake master cylinder is broken and the new one probably wont be in intime for the run.

I know you're a rocket scientist and all, but I am apparently a contradiction: I am on on the Definite list now and still on the Unlikely list, too...

So, I guess that means I'm unlikely definitely coming? :rofl:

Chris, mom told me you were going back to TX for this anniv Pie Run. I had no idea you were behind the pie run concept. That's awesome.

Have an awesome time and talk lots of pics. Talk to you soon. :rider:

As I was afraid, I've got just too much on my plate this weekend, so I'm going to have to back out. I hope everyone has a wonderful time, have to catch another one after moving madness is over.

I have to call myself as a maybe +1. My gf is balking at 28degree starting forecast. So am I a bit. No heated gear.

Chuck, is there a thread for any of the DFW riders heading South? I'm probably going to just take the most direct way down there, but then take some scenic roads on the way home since it will hopefully be warmer. I just didn't know if anyone else was planning something similar.

"Chuck, is there a thread for any of the DFW riders heading South?"

+1

Anxious to try out my new winter riding gear. I keep checking for a DFW to Hico thread...

Looks like my weekend is used up with family obligations--maybe next time.

Chuck, please move me to probably not.

thanks

WOOHOO! The Kawasaki is back together and it looks like I'm going to make this one. IN!:eat:

Chris, mom told me you were going back to TX for this anniv Pie Run. I had no idea you were behind the pie run concept. That's awesome.

More like: behind the destruction of diets...:lol2:

Keep safe over there, Pete. When you get back, make sure you take part in a Pie Run!

Definite

TLRam1
Endoman
Harold
Mary Ellen
Keith - Maybe
Charlie - Maybe

Chuck, is there a thread for any of the DFW riders heading South? I'm probably going to just take the most direct way down there, but then take some scenic roads on the way home since it will hopefully be warmer. I just didn't know if anyone else was planning something similar.

I am headed down from DFW. I am planning to leave at 7:30am from MacArthur and 635 (in Irving, north of DFW airport). I haven't planned any sort of route yet but will do so this week. I'll be glad to meet you somewhere along the way south. -Stephen

:tab Chris did not realize that when you come to me with an idea, there is a good chance I will say, "Cool! Have at it!" I think he was expecting me to take care of it :lol2: At the time, I already had my plate full dealing with a newborn, full time job, and just trying to run this site. So I convinced him to give it a try and he organized the first event at Hico five years ago. It was a huge success despite cold/wet weather and that started off one of the most popular regular events for TWT. When he moved out to the great wet wilderness, we convinced Chuck to step into some big shoes, and he has done a fantastic job with continuing the tradition. Folks sometimes take things like this for granted, but rest assured, it does involve a lot of behind the scenes work and a good measure of dedication to the cause. So for those that make it, please take a moment to give Chris and Chuck a slap on the back or a handshake to let them know how much we appreciate their efforts.

:tab By the way, unless it is insanely windy, I will likely have a white pit tent setup in the parking lot. This is where I will be selling T-shirts, stickers, and will have the door prize drawings. FIND CHUCK to get registered if you want to participate in the drawings.

Probably will make it...unless I wimp out from the temp. I will be meeting up with the Austin group at Sewards Junction.

Pat(rick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back