• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run I: 5 Year Anniversary in Hico, 01/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the group that is meeting at Sewards Junction going to take 29 west to 281 or go up 183? I may end up going Hamilton Pool Rd/RR962 to 281 N and try to meet up with ya'll. It cuts about 15 miles off my trip in that early 27º weather before the sun comes up.

Pat

One word:
UnderArmourColdGear.

Two words:
Schampa Warmskin

One word:
UnderArmourColdGear.

SNIP

Stuff is expensive, but I wore the same top and bottom for nordic skiing a good 5 years straight, most every day it snowed, and it still looks great. Aside from a few sewn up cuts from ice.:-P

Did anyone ever start a DFW to Hico thread?

Put me down as a +1 Probable. Since I work weekends, I rarely get to go and this seems like the one to attend.

I think I feel a fever coming on as I type <cough>

Better downgrade me to a Possible.

Not sure I can ride that far that cold in the amount of time I have. My riding partner is a definite no-show

John Crockett
Red78642

:tab By the way, unless it is insanely windy, I will likely have a white pit tent setup in the parking lot. This is where I will be selling T-shirts, stickers, and will have the door prize drawings. FIND CHUCK to get registered if you want to participate in the drawings.

I am expecting a big crowd - I encourage all to be patient and allow folks to migrate in as you are finished. There should be folks outside during all of this.

Right now, the plan is to have the drawing right at noon. Both Scott and I hope to be there between 10 and 10:30 and have some "station" in the parking lot. I'll have some old business cards for you to put your real name & your TWT screen name (most coming will have them). We'll relay the winner's names inside.

In the past, some folks have arrived early, eaten, and then stick around a bit and watch others come in. If you do that, just make sure you enter the drawing - if you are not there when we draw, then we'll find a way to get your prize to you, hopefully by another rider headed your way. I'll publish the names of the winner's and who took what so they can't cheat ya. :-P

Anyway, it will be crowded, but there should be some mass of bikes there!
:rider::eat::rider:

I should be there but I will be "in" the BMW instead of "on" the Triumph. Needs and inspection...and new tires before that.

Well I'm out, a major winter storm is going to hit the panhandle Thursday with ice, snow and of course Wind. If the weather -guessers are right we could get 7-14 inches of snow by Friday:giveup:. I'll try and shoot for the next one.

Two definite, whether on the bike is still up in the air. The wife is concerned with taking her first ride in the cold. Also, the kids want to see Chris, might be mad at us if we don't allow them to see him. So if they win out (or the wife cops out) 7 will be in attendance.

:tab Just as an FYI, showing up in a cage will not result in undue teasing and ridicule. So if you are unsure of riding in the weather, we would still love to have everyone show up, even if you cage it!

:tab Just as an FYI, showing up in a cage will not result in undue teasing and ridicule. So if you are unsure of riding in the weather, we would still love to have everyone show up, even if you cage it!

I'm contemplating that myself. Thought about going to Killeen the night before but don't want to ride the bike in the rain & cold......HUMMMM ..... I need more electrics than just gloves.

list updated - see post #1 - there were a bunch of changes, so double check your status

-------

Count: 95 def + 56 prob = 151, 42 maybes

:rider: :eat: :rider:

I'm contemplating that myself. Thought about going to Killeen the night before but don't want to ride the bike in the rain & cold......HUMMMM ..... I need more electrics than just gloves.

Well, you should get in touch with Phil and Dave Smith. Phil wants to go but is not wild about riding that far in the early morning cold. Dave is still thinking of riding, but it probably would not be hard to convince them to car pool. You might also touch base with Jack.

Yes, please everybody come if you can, by whatever means. :sun:

(FWIW, I showed up at my first Pie Run in my pick-up.......and the weather was very nice that day. :eek2:

I'm gonna be a no show for this one , tooo ccoolldd for these bones. I'll have to make a trip to the Waverly House for pie Saturday. Yall enjoy !

My housesitter said she'd stay the weekend if I showed her how to play Uno on XBox Live before I left. I told her such would be no problem. So if anyone sees my profile online this weekend, it may not be me, so mind your manners. :lol2:

Sharon and I are now definite. See you all Saturday morning! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back