• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Re: Pie Run II: Making Waves, New Waverly, 2/27

Were you really cold? I thought you were a pretty shade of blue! You should of told me to slow down a little. Nice meeting you and the others.

:rofl: Nice to meet you and others. Windshield would have helped but it turned into a great day. looking forward to the next ride
---------------------------------------------
Dean
02 Warrior :rider:

Couple of pics
------------------
Dean
02 Warrior

Attachments

• Image027.jpg
    Image027.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Image032.jpg
    Image032.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Image053.jpg
    Image053.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 132
  • Image066.jpg
    Image066.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Image077.jpg
    Image077.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 122

IronWombat and I left Austin from Manor at 7:40am with the temperature at 38°F. We took the back roads including the scenic 390 near Lake Summerville with a quick stop at Independence for a picture in front of the old Baylor University columns of the female college.
P22724951.jpg

A few of the pictures I took.
P22724962.jpg

P22724983.jpg

P22725014.jpg

P22725085.jpg

P22725096.jpg

P22725107.jpg

P22725118.jpg

I had the pleasure of being accompanied on the return trip with Camilo. Again we stopped by the Baylor University ruins for another photo op.
P22725129.jpg

It was a great day for a ride and seeing friends and meeting new faces. As always, looking forward to the next Pie Run!

Hey Art.....You managed to get me & my WEIRD helmet in the same picture.....& I wasn't even wearin it...

Great talkin to ya again....Seeya on the next one

Who belongs to this bike? That looks like one sweet ride!

That would be my friend Kerry. He was one of the four I brought with me (not TWTex member). It is truly an awesome paint job. He gets comments everywhere he goes with it.

Reporting from SW Houston.....

Thanks to Squeaky for inviting J-Dawg and I to join the Katy crew up and back. We had a bit of a rough start to our ride...Friday when I got home from Atlanta and started checking the bikes out I found J's Sabre had a rear flat tire. :giveup: Now c'mon this would be out first group ride in a long time and J was nervous about riding the Versys in a group. Of course having a busted mirror didn't help things. So I filled up the Sabre's tire to 40 lb per Honda's sticker and went off to Wally World to get a mirror to "rig" the Versys just in case. Found a visor mirror for under $3 and bought some silicone at Home Depot to glue it on, just in case. Got home and the Sabre's tire was at 38 lb. Nope, not gonna happen. So I proceeded to put the visor mirror onto the stock mirror on the Versys that was busted. It actually turned out "acceptable" and J was good riding it to the pie run. :eat:

Off we go Saturday morning. Part of the plan was to leave early enough to hit Wild West, but we made it to 99/10 at 9 AM and we were running late already. Not knowing exactly where Morton and Katy-Hockley Cutoff was I followed the map and iPhone which lead up to 90 in downtown Katy. As we approach Katyland (the designated turn) there were hundreds of folks parked along the road, parade evidently. J kept speculating it was a football celebration parade and I said it was too late for that. {We've got Scala Rider Multiset to communciate with each other} Katyland was closed. We ended up winding our way through the neighborhood on the north side of the rr tracks. Somehow we ended up at Morton and Katy-Hockley Cut-Off. I figured since KSU was at 9:15 we would be on our own to get to New Waverly, but there they were....Thanks Katy folks for waiting on us. :clap:

Off we go with Squeaky leading the way. Up Katy Hockley to 290 up to 2920 and over to 249 and across. Somehow we ended up in Egypt and onto Honea-Egypt Road and up to 105 in Montgomery. Then onto 149 through the forest. Finally to a FM road that cut over to New Waverly. We thought that part of the ride was fun, just wait until the return.

Made it to the appointed lunch spot and inside for some grub and pie. :rider: Sat with a group that included Pseudochron, Focus Frenzy and others my mind doesn't remember right now. Thanks for the great conversation! JDawg had the Chicken Fried Chicken Sandwich and Onion RIngs and I had Chicken Fried Steak Sandwich and Fries......scrumdidilyumptious....and then he had Key Lime Pie and I had Buttermilk Pie.

After paying the very very cheap bill we were ready to get going and see what Miss Squeaky had planned for the afternoon. During the planning conversation we were told we would be going on FM-3090 and it was much more fun and technical than 149. I thought to myself....this will be fun! There were 6 of us in the return group. Yee Haw, Squeaky you lead a great ride back.

From New Waverly over to 149 up to Richards to Carlos to FM3090 (no Hwy 30 was not boring it was good to let the food digest, except for the dadgum grooves). Into Navasota briefly and then over to Hwy 105. We're cruising down 105 and I see "Jct 362" coming up and figured we were turning, but we didn't. So then I figured ok we're going over to 149 for the return home. About 1.5 miles past 362 I see Squeaky raise her hand and make a circle motion. I figured we had missed a turn at 362. So we finally get the group stopped and make the u-turn in 5 different groups and make it back to 362 to rally the troops. The home stretch is coming.....362 to a FM road over to 6 then down to another FM rd and back to 362 and then to 1488 and then 362 through Waller to 529. Across 529 to Katy Hockley and back to the original gas station.

Great ride! 224 miles to and from Katy per google maps.

Oh yeah, only 1 u-turn and no unpaved roads. :clap:

Thanks Squeaky for leading and it was great to meet and see the Katy folks again.

First off, thanks to Squeaks for leading and attempting to take a picture that would make me look tall (good luck with that).

I had a great time and didn't even bother to bring a camera. It was good to meet a couple of new people (Lee, Camillo, Ron...) and to see some that I hadn't seen in a while.

Finally, thanks to Dennis for leading on the way home, I was suprised to see to Tom on the way back, but there is no mistaking that riding suit.

Couple of pics
------------------
Dean
02 Warrior

Did anyone else get any pictures of the '49 Harley that pulled in around 1:00 p.m.?

Phil and I had already left but I saw him on the road and had to come back to get a better look. Sweet bike with foot clutch and hand shift.

Lee

Had a great time, hope to do it again. It looked like there was a good V-strom turn out.

That would be my friend Kerry. He was one of the four I brought with me (not TWTex member). It is truly an awesome paint job. He gets comments everywhere he goes with it.

You can also pass my compliments to Kerry on the bike. Wish I could have been there to see it in person as that was one sweet ride!

I am so tired of being on call.....I missed you all!!:sun:

I am so tired of being on call.....I missed you all!!:sun:

This was right in you backyard too, James.

I showed up a little late and missed the group ride to Yankee's. But is was still good seeing some old friends and meeting some new folks too.

Steve

Back