• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TAR 2010, April 15 - 18, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hill Country Recon

:doh: The landowners were asking the county to abandon Kent Creek Road. It sounds like it finally may have happened.

I plan to buy a one foot X one foot parcel on Kent Creek Road. That will make me a landowner :deal:

Same idea as getting put on a deed out in Big Bend, IYKWIM :deal:

Re: Hill Country Recon

dammit TP, do you own both US and Mexico by now?

I plan to buy a one foot X one foot parcel on Kent Creek Road. That will make me a landowner :deal:

Same idea as getting put on a deed out in Big Bend, IYKWIM :deal:

I'm in for sure now. I'll be staying ????? where ever I can put my head down at.:yawn: Any camping spots still open?

Richard, I posted two registrations this morning.

One for Bigdon55 xxl

One for Olebuddy Large

We will see you Outlaws there! :eek2:

I got my Ride Guide from Richard, thanks Richard. The guide is great.

Now for me, being new with GPS's, I need help from the GPS Guru's here.

How do I get the routes from the website to MapSource? I trided to just click and drag, but no go.

Thanks

How do I get the routes from the website to MapSource? I trided to just click and drag, but no go.

1. Save the file to your computer.
2. After saving the file to your computer, open it with Mapsource.

How to save the file to your computer:

Move your mouse cursor so it is over the link to the route you want to save.

Right click on the link and a box should pop up.

Inside the pop up box you want to choose the option that saves the file to your computer. There should have an option that says something like "save as" or "save target as" or something similar. Left click on that choice.

Note where the file is being saved on your computer (i.e. note the folder it is being saved to).

Once the download is complete, repeat the steps for every other route you wan to save to your computer.

Once the download is complete use Mapsource to open the file.

Last edited:
Well I guess it's better to be late than never!! I'm in !!!
BigD XL

Thanks, Richard

Received the ride guide yesterday, thanks Richard... hope Zabor gets the bike back to me in time! :rider:

FYI if anyone is needing to get tires before they go.

Cycle Gear Coupon Link

20-percent-off_dunlop_tires_L.jpg

Re: TAR 2010, April 15 - 18, 2010 Hotel Room available

1. Save the file to your computer.
2. After saving the file to your computer, open it with Mapsource.

How to save the file to your computer:

Move your mouse cursor so it is over the link to the route you want to save.

Right click on the link and a box should pop up.

Inside the pop up box you want to choose the option that saves the file to your computer. There should have an option that says something like "save as" or "save target as" or something similar. Left click on that choice.

Note where the file is being saved on your computer (i.e. note the folder it is being saved to).

Once the download is complete, repeat the steps for every other route you wan to save to your computer.

Once the download is complete use Mapsource to open the file.

Hey Richard,

Well I got my TAR ride guide and reservations at the Hills but complications during my recent surgery will be forcing me to miss this year's TAR. I still plan on attending Mex-Trek.

I will be phoning in my Hotel cancellation today so if someone stilll wants a non-smoking room at the Hils, it should become avaialable later today.

Bill Payne
2008 KLR-650

Share a room?

Just learned the room I reserved is a double (fulls) for Thurs, Fri, and Sat...

Any non-smokers want to share a room at the Hills? IIRC, split 2 ways it's like $20/night....:trust:

I'm told I snore (never heard it so I can't say:lol2:), but Richard can vouch I'm not an axe murderer... :eek2:

Re: Share a room?

Just learned the room I reserved is a double (fulls) for Thurs, Fri, and Sat...

Any non-smokers want to share a room at the Hills? IIRC, split 2 ways it's like $20/night....:trust:

I'm told I snore (never heard it so I can't say:lol2:), but Richard can vouch I'm not an axe murderer... :eek2:

Sprocket, if you still have room I'll take you up on your offer. I really wasn't looking forward to camping out again. If you want to give me a call, PM me and I'll send you my #.
Thanks, BigD

Sweet Mother of Pearl! Are you brining the BMW? Happy to split the room amigo, but don’t let any of that beast rub off on my pure pedigreed KTM…:mrgreen:

(secretly hoping to cop a quick ride on that critter:trust:)

PM headed your way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back