• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Favorite Earbud Songs for Riding

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Shelfer
What are your top ten favorite earbud songs while streaking down the road on your favorite bike? The ones that inspire me are high-energy up-tempo tunes. They don’t have to be “bike songs” or “road songs”, though it helps. A couple are overly obvious; some, not so. Here are some of mine:
• Born to be Wild – Steppenwolf
• Rockin’ Down the Highway – The Doobie Brothers
• Roll Me Away – Bob Seger
• Running on Empty – Jackson Brown
• Born to Run – Bruce Springsteen
• Layla – Derek & the Dominos
• Fire – Jimi Hendrix
• Sgt Pepper / The End – Paul McCartney live
• The Voice of Truth – Casting Crowns
• Lohengrin: Prelude to Act 3 – Richard Wagner

Famous ship that sank at La Brea? Actually, I checked them on Youtube. My guess is they're not from Texas.

Yesterday my favorite was the Heaven's Bright Sun CDs by Iona. But I listen to one of the four gospels every day on my morning (and sometimes afternoon) commute.

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked by Cage the Elephant is near the top of the list for me. Oh yeah, and Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue. That's a darn good way to get the freeway commute going.

From my always-expanding riding playlist:

Last Kiss - Various

Hard Sun - Eddie Vedder version

Castanets - Alejandro Escovedo

Baby Done a Bad, Bad Thing - Chris Isaak

The Distance - Cake (I know it's not really about racing but I take it superficially)

40 Dogs and Cigarettes - Bob Schneider

Rusty Cage - Johnny Cash version

And, of course, the song that should be listened to at least once per ride - Vincent BL 1952 by Richard Thompsoh.

I'll add to my list "Carry on Wayward Son" (Kansas) and "Rock This Town" (Stray Cats). If those don't make you want to kick your gearshift, you should check your pulse.

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked by Cage the Elephant is near the top of the list for me.

+1

Slither - Velvet Revolver
Killing in the name of- Rage against the Machine
Voodoo Chile - Stevie Ray Vaughan version
Shimmer- Fuel
Space Lord- Monster Magnet
Drown - Sun Volt
Clean My Wounds- Corrosion of Conformity
anything AC/DC or Boston.:zen:

Sound of Silence - Nobody. ;-)

Actually, I don't listen to music while riding or driving.

Mea culpa. I wasn't on TWT then. Anyway, I like musical diversity (Wagner & Springsteen?) & it's fun to see what other people have in their playlists.

Oldies? Me too. Anything Beatles, Roy Orbison, Chuck Berry...

But sometimes I just listen to music played by kids in passing cars. Don't need earbuds for that either.

The "voices" in your head must be much more entertaining than those in mine.

Usually have enough going on in there to worry about such things as, why did Randy Bachman blow the lead in Taking Care of Business. :lol2:

I dunno - why did Tommy James' drummer blow the intro in the last chorus of "My Baby Does the Hanky Panky"? But we're falling into bizarro trivia now. I should start another thread...

I like to start planned rides with "Cowboys like us" by George Strait. That always kicks it off right.

If it's in the morning (like my ride to work) then I listen to Opie & Anthony. After work, or any other time riding it's usually heavy metal. I don't really have any favorite riding songs, so I usually just put my Iphone/Ipod on shuffle and go.

I am more of an 80s person.....Van Halen, Europe, Guns-n-Roses, Ratt, etc.

Back